Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US-East dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

US-East dedicated server

mokafumokafu Member
edited April 2018 in Requests

Hi Let community,

I'm looking for a dedi with the following specs:

Intel CPU with 4 physical cores and HT  (something like Xeon E3-1260 or better)
    32GB Ram
    120GB SSD or bigger
    and 500GB HD or bigger
    1Gbps link to the internet (not much traffic, but needs to be able to saturate the port when downloading data).

>

Preferred location is NY, as i need good connectivity to Boston (< 10ms), so test ip are welcomed.

Budget of 60Eur/month.

Thanks

Comments

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

You can check our IPs in Toronto and Chicago, but it will be more than 10ms ((

https://gthost.com/looking-glass/

in 2 months we can offer you in NY as well.

• HVH New York?

• Thanks @GTHost, unfortunately the need is immediate.

Thanks @HashTag for the inputs, i think that HVH is Buffalo which is higher than 10ms.

Given that the requirements are kinda strict, i'll be increasing my budget to $80-$90.

Thanked by 1HashTag
  • Any particular reason you need under 10ms?

Remote database? Unsure what would require that low of latency to a specific location unless perhaps it was a webserver that you needed a remote database for.

You could try Virmach, but very unlikely it'll be under 10ms.

Alternatively, OneProvider seems to have some type of stock in Boston which is your best bet at 10ms on a subpar network, but very close network.

https://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/boston-usa

• mokafumokafu Member
    edited April 2018

This is related to some specific application that would be running on the server.

Running some pings, Colocrossing hosted servers would not meet the requirements, however Choopa or Incero seems to be ok (6-7ms).

• Found what i was looking for, this thread can be closed.

• @mokafu Where and for how much did you get it? Could you share the details?

• @subhojitdutta, got the following from reliablesite for $79/m:

• Intel i7 6700K
    • 32GB RAM
    • 256GB + 2TB HD
    • 1Gbps port with 10TB traffic and 20Gbps and DDoS protection
    • /29 IPv4 + /64 IPv6

So far very happy with the server and network (true Gigabit) and also server was immediately provisionned after payment.