Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM Catastrophic Data Failure - All data lost on a node! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM Catastrophic Data Failure - All data lost on a node!

123457»

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

@YokedEgg said:

@Nomad said:
    Why doesn't anyone mention this might have something to do with the low amount of TBW the consumer series SSDs have?

If they are from the same batch and are in a raid, isn't it expected for them to fail just simultaneously?

That was actually already mentioned.

This wouldn’t cause the drive to say sayonara and stop being detected. This causes write errors but lets you still read it so you have no data loss. This is a completely different scenario.

But then again, Samsung consumer series never played the ball too well with RAID controllers.

• @Francisco said:

YokedEgg said: Quick question from the official BuyVM LET help desk, when do you think the KVM slices will get NVMe installed in 'em? (srs)

Unlikely any time soon.

It's a huge cost and not enough people will care about it. I would have to do full motherboard changes, or move to a 2U chassis, since our spare PCI slots are being taken by our infiniband networking.

Free nightly backups & snapshosts will come out around summer or so though :) That should be fun.

Francisco

lots of wordpress error 503 to get into wp-admin

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

@Zerpy said:
    Sorry, mdbox - not mbox - hate the fact their naming is close: https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/68Docs/Mailbox+Conversion

They even considered making mdbox default at some point - however was not done, but this was added in the recent releases - and cPanel did migrate all their internal emails to mdbox themselves

Neat :)

Will wait and see if there's any known issues but i'd for sure love to have something like that instead of a metric crap ton of inodes.

Francisco

I tried mdbox a few months ago and there's a big issue. Cpanel doesn't calculate single mailbox quota with mdbox so you can't limit it. I don't know if this has been fixed recently.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

cangkirhost said: lots of wordpress error 503 to get into wp-admin

Just ticket and i'll fix it if it's doing it but there should be an auto fix for that applied.

Francisco

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@Shazan said:
    I tried mdbox a few months ago and there's a big issue. Cpanel doesn't calculate single mailbox quota with mdbox so you can't limit it. I don't know if this has been fixed recently.

Any actual cPanel ticket ID or issue for that? Since it has been calculating fine for the past year in every setup we have or maintain - and mdbox still stores their quotas individually per email-account, it's not a big shared pool of mdbox files per domain.

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@Zerpy said:
    Any actual cPanel ticket ID or issue for that? Since it has been calculating fine for the past year in every setup we have or maintain - and mdbox still stores their quotas individually per email-account, it's not a big shared pool of mdbox files per domain.

>

You're right, I've just tried with a recent installation and it is calculated correctly indeed.

• JetAppsJetApps Member
    edited April 2018

@Francisco said:

@Clouvider said:
    I don’t envy you, hope this gets solved soon and you manage to get some sleep :-). Fingers crossed !

Pretty good progress. It seems JetBackup didn't backup some users' MYSQL users so I've had to remake those, but things have been good so far.

As of now we're 70% restored.

Francisco

Just to clarify, we did have a bug in JetBackup which caused MySQL users to not backup in some cases, but this was fixed and released on our STABLE tier earlier this week. (Case JB363). Please feel free to let us know if you encounter any other errors in the future, we take this type of report very seriously! :)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@JetApps said:

@Francisco said:

Just to clarify, we did have a bug in JetBackup which caused MySQL users to not backup in some cases, but this was fixed and released on our STABLE tier earlier this week. (Case JB363). Please feel free to let us know if you encounter any other errors in the future, we take this type of report very seriously. :)

In total I think we've had to fix a dozen or so users so it was by no means a wide spread problem.

JetBackup worked great, I have zero complaints. There's a feature I wouldn't mind having, but that'd require me giving up secret sauce I do on stallion to have it happen :P

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@JetApps said:

@Francisco said:

Just to clarify, we did have a bug in JetBackup which caused MySQL users to not backup in some cases, but this was fixed and released on our STABLE tier earlier this week. (Case JB363). Please feel free to let us know if you encounter any other errors in the future, we take this type of report very seriously. :)

In total I think we've had to fix a dozen or so users so it was by no means a wide spread problem.

JetBackup worked great, I have zero complaints. There's a feature I wouldn't mind having, but that'd require me giving up secret sauce I do on stallion to have it happen :P

Francisco

Is it by chance lemonade?

Thanked by 3Francisco kkrajk MasonR