Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asia/West Coast KVM VPS budget ~8 USD/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Asia/West Coast KVM VPS budget ~8 USD/mo

Currently I have online.net 6,99 EUR dedi (8 core Atom C2750, 8GB, 120SSD), but I feel it quite slow. I don't know maybe because it's in France and I'm in South East Asia, but typing in SSH or doing yum update just feel slow. I'm hosting several wordpress blog of my friends with vestacp, and it doesn't snappy either even though load average 0.6.
Should I cancel this server and get a closer one? If so are there any Asia/West Coast KVM around ~8 USD/mo with similar specs?

Comments

• Hardware wise, very far away.

• @layfon said:
    Hardware wise, very far away.

and I doubt there is similar specs around ~$8 :(

• NanoG6 said:

layfon said:

So it's best if you can come up with some figure for people to recommend good options. Which of the spec can be sacrificed, CPU, RAM, disk? Is US west coast's 1xx ms latency acceptable for you?

• @layfon said:

NanoG6 said:

layfon said:

So it's best if you can come up with some figure for people to recommend good options. Which of the spec can be sacrificed, CPU, RAM, disk? Is US west coast's 1xx ms latency acceptable for you?

is 4 core, 6GB, 60GB SSD around $7-8 reasonable?

• @NanoG6 said:

@layfon said:

NanoG6 said:

layfon said:

is 4 core, 6GB, 60GB SSD around $7-8 reasonable?

You are around 8 months early

• muffin said: You are around 8 months early

lol yeah I guess so

• Your load average is 0.6, which means you are averaging at around 0.6 atom core cpu usage (or less, depending on IO usage).

So basically any vps with at least 1 (v)cpu would be good enough to replace it. Just find something a little closer to your home.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

I could do a deal in Vancouver for 4GB RAM/2x vCPU/60GB SSD for $8/mo.

Looking Glass here: http://van.lg.freerangecloud.com

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • freerangecloud said: Vancouver

hi thanks for the offer, but I still prefer West Coast, or if possible Asia

• @NanoG6 said:

freerangecloud said: Vancouver

Last time I checked, Vancouver is on the west coast, just not of the US but Canada. Check the route to their test IP, it might perform decent for you.

• Vancouver

Last time I checked, Vancouver is on the west coast, just not of the US but Canada. Check the route to their test IP, it might perform decent for you.

Indeed, should perform fairly well. Better than online.net.

LA may still be more optimal, could checkout HostHatch, etc.

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK NanoG6
  • Ah! Thanks @TheOnlyDK and @YokedEgg for pointing that out. It's indeed got below 200ms, but still LA or SF seems better.

Hi @freerangecloud any other info about the offer? CPU specs, bandwidth, etc. Thanks!

• @VirMach any deals for me?

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

@NanoG6 said:

Hi @freerangecloud any other info about the offer? CPU specs, bandwidth, etc. Thanks!

Sure, CPU on that box is dual E5630's. Bandwith is a shared gig port and I could do 8TB at that price.