Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS/VDS in Russia Far-east, Korea, Japan
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS/VDS in Russia Far-east, Korea, Japan

Hi all,

I'm looking for a budget VPS(or VDS, usually used in Russia) in Far-east Russia, or in Korea and Japan. 1G CPU and more than 512MB mem, with a bandwidth of 100Mbps for both downlink and uplink. Accepts Paypal or credit card not issued in their country. Lower than $5/mo is prefered.

Currently in park-web.com, however they offer only 40Mbps. hostlix, liteunit and sibhoster have terrible support for Paypal as well as credit card.

Your suggestion and recommendation would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• take a look at www.free-www.ru

Thanked by 1neock
  • Do you need unmetered bandwidth or? If not, the big clouds: Vultr & Linode will work for you, all in your budget limit. DigitalOcean currently don’t have bandwidth limit, but they may enforce it soon, and no Japan datacenter there

• For 5$ JP VPS with your bandwidyh requiement, I'd say stick to linode or vultr.

• https://starvps.ru mini series vps location was Khabarovsk when i used them. However they dont offer anymore cheap/lowend vps, cheapest one is 4.5$/m now, and i dont know if they changed their location. You can ask their support, they support paypal also.

• neockneock Member

@muffin said:
    Do you need unmetered bandwidth or? If not, the big clouds: Vultr & Linode will work for you, all in your budget limit. DigitalOcean currently don’t have bandwidth limit, but they may enforce it soon, and no Japan datacenter there

thanks for the tips. however both linode and vultr are routed via US. quite a long distance.

• neockneock Member

@emperor said:
    https://starvps.ru mini series vps location was Khabarovsk when i used them. However they dont offer anymore cheap/lowend vps, cheapest one is 4.5$/m now, and i dont know if they changed their location. You can ask their support, they support paypal also.

Checked with their website, it looks like they have their data centre in Moscow now. I have submitted a ticket to confirm that.

Thank you for your tips.

• neockneock Member

@tonyapac said:
    take a look at www.free-www.ru

ok, i have checked this provider before, and their CPU is pretty terrible for the low end offer. I just submitted a ticket to ask for a test server for 12hrs, let's see if they grant me one for a trial.

Thank you.

• neockneock Member

@layfon said:
    For 5$ JP VPS with your bandwidyh requiement, I'd say stick to linode or vultr.

unfortunately their routing to southeast asia is terrible, all via US with gtt.

• @neock said:

layfon said:

That's only partially true. I've seen both good and bad routing. You can still try your luck on lightsail.

• neockneock Member

@layfon said:

@neock said:

layfon said:

That's only partially true. I've seen both good and bad routing. You can still try your luck on lightsail.

well, yeah, depends on luck. i was tired of bad routing from both vultr and linode then to switch to another provider.

• neockneock Member

dude, their data centers are in Chelyabinsk and Moscow. that's not far east

• If you live in Southeast Asia, wouldn't VPS in Hong Kong or SG(Singapore) be better?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2018

If you live in Southeast Asia, wouldn't VPS in Hong Kong or SG(Singapore) be better?

I feel the OP lives in China, but too ashamed to say, or something. Because Linode and Vultr and whatnot have no issues with routing to Southeast Asia, they only have bad routing to China. And Russia Far East is a bad option for general SEA, it's only good to China as well.

• Korea's international bandwidth is expensive as hell.

• neockneock Member

@omelas said:
    If you live in Southeast Asia, wouldn't VPS in Hong Kong or SG(Singapore) be better?

relatively low bandwidth comparing to what you payed. i was with expertvm.

• neockneock Member

@rm_ said:

I feel the OP lives in China, but too ashamed to say, or something. Because Linode and Vultr and whatnot have no issues with routing to Southeast Asia, they only have bad routing to China. And Russia Far East is a bad option for general SEA, it's only good to China as well.

Nothing to be ashamed of and yeah I live in China, however is it relevant? The reason is to cover as many area as possible in the Southeast Asia and East Asia, as a relay to Europart of Russia.

• neockneock Member

@Mitsuhashi said:
    Korea's international bandwidth is expensive as hell.

True truth. However the traffic is not what I concern but the routing.

• @neock said:

@Mitsuhashi said:
    Korea's international bandwidth is expensive as hell.

True truth. However the traffic is not what I concern but the routing.

you underestimate how expensive it's traffic is. it's cloudflare abandoning already built datacenter level expensive. (you wan't routed to cloudflare's ICN datacenter unless you use enterprise plan, which costs $5000+)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

neock said: Nothing to be ashamed of and yeah I live in China, however is it relevant?

I agree it is nothing to be ashamed of, which is why it's weird you didn't mention that upfront.

It is relevant because the network conditions are very different there from the rest of SEA, and it would help people give more applicable suggestions and save time offering those which will work poorly for China.