Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of LET worthy SIP trunking offers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

List of LET worthy SIP trunking offers?

sureiamsureiam Member
edited April 2018 in General

Anyone have a good list of LET worth SIP trunking companies? Seems the going rate is about .008 outbound and .005 inbound. So we should try and beat that or at least match it.

Let's go with US primarily but I know we have a bunch of Europeans running around here so no harm in including some of those.

Comments

• DanDan Member

What country are you looking for? In my experience, until we were pushing volume rates were about what you cited for US domestic calling.

Often you get exactly what you paid for with VoIP, a cheap carrier/wholesaler may have a single switch and 3 employees, while a mid-range carrier often has a bunch of fun APIs that allow you to get rid of after hours call handling services and the like. I find the latter to be more useful :P

• @Dan said:
    What country are you looking for? In my experience, until we were pushing volume rates were about what you cited for US domestic calling. - yup that seems to be what I'm finding to. Looking for US

Often you get exactly what you paid for with VoIP, a cheap carrier/wholesaler may have a single switch and 3 employees, while a mid-range carrier often has a bunch of fun APIs that allow you to get rid of after hours call handling services and the like. I find the latter to be more useful :P

I find a good PBX handles most of that. Just need a reliable Trunk with 4+ channels in each direction. Although going with a different inbound and outbound does tend to make sense. I've noticed many carriers will give great discounts on one or the other to probably to offset the other

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@pbgben used to offer some VoIP deals. Not sure if he does it anymore though.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2018

We have been using www.freevoipdeals.com

Never noticed any downtime. At all. Its pretty cheap. Don't think I can get better (we use it mainly to call to cellphones in Portugal).

• We use Vitelity for our VoIP offering at work, never really had a problem with them in like, 3-4 years or so we've been with them? Regular DID is .85c per month, $.0089 per minute (I believe inbound/outbound is the same). We have 112 numbers including some toll free (and some unlimited inbound) and I think we top up our account every 3 weeks or so.

• Wait...
    you pay for inbound calls?
    Why is that? Is that some extra special something?
    I never heard of this, what country is that?

• OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep

We offer SIP trunk line (Directly connected sith Tier 1)
    Let me know your ACD, ASR etc and can offer you some thing good!

And inbound calls comes free on our program if you select two dedicated channel then you not need to pay for the incoming.

• Betamax group has the cheapest outgoing (freevoipdeal, poivy etc depending on where you're calling), sipgate for free number & incoming. Job done.

Thanked by 2klikli southy
  • @asterisk14 said:
    Betamax group has the cheapest outgoing (freevoipdeal, poivy etc depending on where you're calling), sipgate for free number & incoming. Job done.

Betamax the company cloning company (tm) still exists? Wow.
    That was the preferred way for outgoing (because of price) like 13 years ago or so. Also: didn’t they have nice text rates and an API?

But how is it anybody still cares about playing with VoIP and Asterisk- Isn’t this rather pointless in times of cheap flatrates?

Ah, the glorious VoIP-days :-)
    Creative use of „early media“, anyone?

• @southy said:

@asterisk14 said:
    Betamax group has the cheapest outgoing (freevoipdeal, poivy etc depending on where you're calling), sipgate for free number & incoming. Job done.

Betamax the company cloning company (tm) still exists? Wow.
    That was the preferred way for outgoing (because of price) like 13 years ago or so. Also: didn’t they have nice text rates and an API?

But how is it anybody still cares about playing with VoIP and Asterisk- Isn’t this rather pointless in times of cheap flatrates?

Ah, the glorious VoIP-days :-)
    Creative use of „early media“, anyone?

I did quite a bit of research into their brands. They all offer very good rates, but the company is based in europe and has done some shady things with billing over the years.

Flat rate voip isn't actually always the best route. Lets use easy billing numbers. 1 cent inbound and 1 cent outbound. let's say 1000 minutes in bound and 1000 minutes outbound.. So we're at $10, plus $1 for e911 service if you need it, plus $1 for the DID. your at $12.. Most flat rate providers are $18-25 a month. So you're paying more, lets say in December the business is closed for 2 weeks out of 4, you end up only paying $6-7 that month.

Flat rate billing isn't generally advantageous unless you know for a fact you'll be using more than what it would cause al-carte. But rest assured if you do then they'll probably drop you anyway lol. Most have it in their ToS that extensive use will be dropped.

• DanDan Member

@sureiam A good PBX can do quite a bit, but things like SMS/MMS enablement, freeform available number search, E911 config are all on the carrier to offer APIs for, no way your PBX can work around a crap provider in that regard. Even some middling providers offer "APIs" that are straight out of the 90's, with incorrect examples in their WSDL and SOAP APIs that take tens to hundreds of seconds to respond.

• @sureiam said:

@southy said:

@asterisk14 said:

Flat rate voip isn't actually always the best route.

I wasn't talking about SIP-termination flatrates.
    I was talking about the point that a very large potion of the landline or cellular contracts in our days do already include a flatrate. At least here in Germany, that is.
    And as you typically still have some kind of a landline for your internet access (or cable modem, doesn't matter), there's just not so much more money to be saved for the average user.
    If you are not really into calling internationally on a regular basis, then your savings will be rather small.
    To me, it's just not worth the effort any more.
    I think the last asterisk I set up for my personal use was like 8-10 years ago or so. I also purchased a Gigaset DECT that directly logged into a SIP account.
    Taking dialling rules into account, that used my landline for calls that were already covered by my flatrate, I realized after a while that I did not actually use the box for like half a year or so.

This is just over unless you have very specific needs.
    Was fun while it lasted though.

• @southy said:

@sureiam said:

@southy said:

@asterisk14 said:

Flat rate voip isn't actually always the best route.

I wasn't talking about SIP-termination flatrates.
    I was talking about the point that a very large potion of the landline or cellular contracts in our days do already include a flatrate. At least here in Germany, that is.
    And as you typically still have some kind of a landline for your internet access (or cable modem, doesn't matter), there's just not so much more money to be saved for the average user.
    If you are not really into calling internationally on a regular basis, then your savings will be rather small.
    To me, it's just not worth the effort any more.
    I think the last asterisk I set up for my personal use was like 8-10 years ago or so. I also purchased a Gigaset DECT that directly logged into a SIP account.
    Taking dialling rules into account, that used my landline for calls that were already covered by my flatrate, I realized after a while that I did not actually use the box for like half a year or so.

This is just over unless you have very specific needs.
    Was fun while it lasted though.

Ya I don't know too many people that would use a setup like this for personal use. However much can be learned from personal use that can be applied to the professional lives of members here.

I started using Linux as a daily driver dual boot back in the Mandrake days. Which has helped tremendously in my professional life. So while you don't need to learn how to setup your own solutions like this it is a worthwhile experience and knowledge to have.

Thanked by 1southy
  • Mark_O_PoloMark_O_Polo Member
    edited April 2018

Anveo Direct or Telecomsxchange. They are both wholesale brokers (LET pricing).

Anveo Direct has $25 minimum funding less 2% and 0.50 cents. Too many carriers and price levels but you can go to the site and download them all to look at.

or

Telecomsxchange which normally charges $650/annually to join but you can pay a 13% surcharge and get the same access to all of their carrier connections.

http://www.telecomsxchange.com/nerdvittles/

See Ward's Page for more info at http://nerdvittles.com/?p=24702

Depends on carrier you select, but could be as low as $.0009 – U.S., w/ 1 second billing.

No minimum amount to pre-fund. So can just pay $1 and try it out. Not much to lose for just testing and having fun.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • wow telecomsxchange looks like fun! haha

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Telecomsxchange mostly has tier 2 and tier 3 wholesale providers, signed up there but have been having issues with some providers there. Not sure if I recommend them.

• @tomle said:
    Telecomsxchange mostly has tier 2 and tier 3 wholesale providers, signed up there but have been having issues with some providers there. Not sure if I recommend them.

Gotcha. I'm leaning towards twilia right now for ease and reliability.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Mark_O_Polo said:
    Anveo Direct or Telecomsxchange. They are both wholesale brokers (LET pricing).

Anveo Direct has $25 minimum funding less 2% and 0.50 cents. Too many carriers and price levels but you can go to the site and download them all to look at.

or

Telecomsxchange which normally charges $650/annually to join but you can pay a 13% surcharge and get the same access to all of their carrier connections.

http://www.telecomsxchange.com/nerdvittles/

See Ward's Page for more info at http://nerdvittles.com/?p=24702

Depends on carrier you select, but could be as low as $.0009 – U.S., w/ 1 second billing.

No minimum amount to pre-fund. So can just pay $1 and try it out. Not much to lose for just testing and having fun.

Damn TCXC rates are incredible. Will signup tomorrow.

• @sureiam said:

@tomle said:

Gotcha. I'm leaning towards twilia right now for ease and reliability.

It's true that they have some carriers which will not always work. One of the easy work arounds is to just select TelecomsxChange CLI as the carrier route. Basically it's the house blend. They use some of the better low cost routes and provide failover.

$ 0.0045 US outgoing with 6/6 billing. I have experienced high call quality and 0% failure on connections. But I'm not high volume. YMMV.

Otherwise it would probably be prudent to setup some level of failover in your PBX if you are going for the lowest tiers. Luckily most PBX's have an easy setup for that.

Let us know whatever you go with and experience.