Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About HostHatch...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About HostHatch...

athanathan Member
edited March 2018 in General

Having read many positive comments about HostHatch I've ordered and paid for an NVMe VPS (Amsterdam location).
Three hours later VPS had not yet been activated. I asked them about it and the answer to my ticket follows:

We are in the midst of adding a new node in our Amsterdam location to address the overwhelming orders we have received lately. Your server will be provisioned as soon as the node set up has been completed.

Twelve hours later I've lost my patience and mailed them to give me an ETA, otherwise I had to ask for a refund.

48h passed, nobody answered to my last question and of course VPS is still not activated.

What kind of joke is that? How can they sell something they're not able to deliver?

You tell me then to prefer small businesses...

Anybody has any experience from HostHatch?

Comments

• Mine has been extremely positive so far.
    @Abdullah ?

• IshaqIshaq Member

athan said: You tell me then to prefer small businesses...

This is your first thread here, what are you on about?

• athanathan Member

Yes, it is my first thread here, (although I wish there was no reason to do so) but I'm an old LET visitor and reader. :)

• emghemgh Member

I'm sure that he'll let you refund your order. Apart from some connectivity issues I've had a relatively good experience with @Abdullah.

• Your expectations are inaccurate for the situation. Low pricing equals sold out offers. Instead they've kept the offers open and upgraded their systems. If you couldn't for some reason wait for a new node than you shouldn't.

Besides that 48 hours isn't long. You've received communication of what's going on. They aren't screwing you. If anything you should be happy they didn't just cram you into over filled servers. At least they understand that they need to invest in infrastructure.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Did you perhaps reply to your ticket a couple times in that 48 hour period? If you did that causes your ticket to jump back down to the bottom of the queue. Just an FYI.

• donlidonli Member

I think they should have given you an ETA in their initial email, but 48 hours for a new node installation isn't at all unreasonable.

• Yeah if they're adding a new node give it at least a few days, especially since a weekend is coming up. Basically your VPS is out of stock and backordered. I'm sure you can cancel the order if you don't want to wait.

• athanathan Member
    edited March 2018

Sorry folks but when nodes are unavailable, backordered, down or whatever HostHutch or any other provider must inform the prospective client before he orders and paid for it.
    I know I may sound harsh but anything else is just excuses and certainly not serious business.

• Yeah it's not great that you had to open a ticket to get that info, but now you know it. I agree the UI should be improved to show the stock/backorder situation. Hosthatch's ordering setup is still on the crude side but lots of us use their servers and are happy with them. So I think you are overreacting. This is within the reasonable expectation window of low end hosting.

• athanathan Member
    edited March 2018

They don't show backorder / nonavail state, they accepted order and pay for something not able to deliver, they didn't say anything on their email, their UI shows "Finalising" from the very first moment, they never answered my ticket regarding ETA and I am overreacting?

Maybe you're right willie but I am not used to such a way of dealing with the providers I've worked with in the past...

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

We are a bit backed up on a few things due to the recent promotions but it will all be cleared over the weekend. I'm sorry we weren't able to provide a better ETA in the ticket.

If you request a refund, please wait until Monday for it to be processed.

• athanathan Member

Thank you Abdullah.

• ًWe host 6 websites on 3 different VPSes with HostHatch and its the most premium so far.

• lurchlurch Member

This modern age everything must be now this instant. It's Easter and they told you the reason for the delay but after 12 hours you lost your patience? I don't host anything with them but they sound more on the ball than some other providers on here.

• emptyPDemptyPD Member

I'm customer of hosthatch since november and i don't have any problems, excelent service so far.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Hmm, semi-necro.

Necromancer.