Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the cost of 1 USD in your own countrie's currency,Do you think its high? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the cost of 1 USD in your own countrie's currency,Do you think its high?

13»

Comments

• @raindog308
    with millions of Americans on food stamps, we can expect it to weaken further.

• @MiB said:
    US$1 ~ 19 CZK (Czech koruna).
    Median monthly salary here is 21,000 CZK ~ $1105 (131 CZK ~ $6.9 per hour), minimal is 8,000 CZK ~ $421 (50 CZK ~ $2.6 per hour). Not very high, but it could be worse.

gas: 1 litre ~ $2
    lunch in a pub ~ $4 to $7
    beer in a pub: 0.5 litre ~ $1.1 to $2
    beer in a shop: 0.5 litre ~ $0.4 to $0.6
    cola/pepsi/crap like that in a shop: 2 litres ~ $1.5
    potatoes: 1 kg ~ $0.6
    electricity: 1 kWh (3.6 J) ~ $0.25
    tap water: 1000 litres ~ $3 to $4

Yeah, I love to visit your country. The pubmeals are pretty good too!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@ska said:
    Didn't the UK stop using the gallon in 1995 and switched to metric system (eg. litres)?

I have no idea, I was born in 1980 so I use both and it gets very mixed up and confusing :)

• gas: 1 litre ~ $2 <--- wow, that's almost twice of the prices here.

• @Maounique said:
    Here 1 $ can buy you half a liter of diesel, 1 super small hamburger, 3 Kg of tomatoes in a very good year or 1.5 in a bad one, half a cinema ticket or 1/5 of a small theater one, 6 $ costs an 140 KM train trip, a good paper is also about half a dollar, a 1 Kg good quality loaf of bread is about 2 $, renting in expensive areas of town costs about 500 $ for a 3 rooms apartment, can go to 200 in other areas or older buildings, 1 Kg of grapes (best quality at this time of year), 1 Kg of meat for cats (chicken necks), 8 eggs medium size, 1 L of wholemilk (cow version), 300 g of cheese (sheep or goat variant, cow is about 400 g). Prices here (Bucharest) are much higher than in other areas, you can get food 3 times cheaper, even, in some areas.

I am impressed! You are in Europe but the cost of living is comparable to my country. Romania is cheap.

In Pakistan a dollar fetches Rs. 106. It went up to Rs. 111 just last week before the central bank intervened. The PKR is in for a tough times ahead.

• @delirium said:
    raindog308
    with millions of Americans on food stamps, we can expect it to weaken further.

Nah it's going to strengthen as soon as the Fed starts tapering. Just rumours of tapering sends the dollar skyward! The real thing is going to make it go crazy!

• 1USD = R$2,25

And this is higher than the moon. You can add to this 7,4% from PayPal and 6,38% from taxes (namely IOF) to every operation.

• @Darwin said:
    1$ = R$ 2.44 (BRL - Brazilian Real)

$1 -> usually buys a coke/pepsi can

$1.77 (R$4) -> buys a McDonalds cheeseburger

$1.3~$1.5 -> subway fare

$550+ (usually more than $700) -> rent - middle class apartment

Brazilian Central Bank is selling a lot of dollars trying, without success, to artificially lower current exchange rate.

Where did you get that 2.44 from??????
    $1 = R$2,24

• @jbiloh said:
    Years ago 1 USD was worth 1.40 CAN.

When that was happening, I didn't have a Paypal or Credit Card, so I didn't make any online purchases to begin with.

Hence, 99% of all my transactions were limited to Canadian Dollars and the occasional Chinese RMB only

• 1 USD = 32.34 RUR at the moment.

A good equivalent was mentioned above, kilogram of potato (KOP). That's slightly more than 2 KOP. The exchange rate above doesn't vary too significantly for years.

• @vmunich said:
    $1 = R$2,24

Typo.

• @rahulks, 1.26sgd ei,what's the use of this?

• Are Mc Donalds Big Mac global? Maybe we can compare how much in each country

• @delirium said:
    gas: 1 litre ~ $2 <--- wow, that's almost twice of the prices here.

Last summer the prices were even higher – up to 42 CZK ($2.2) for a litre in some areas. Unfortunately that's the consequence of being 100% dependent on import. VAT and consumer tax also "help" a lot – they make up about 50 % of the price.

• @darknyan said:
    1 USD is 1.03 Canadian Dollar

As much as this is negligible, with all of my purchases combined in the past couple of months, I could've saved around $40 USD.

I missed it when the Canadian Dollar was far stronger than the American dollar.

Hell, all of us american's use your pennies. Don't feel bad.

• @jcaleb said:
    Are Mc Donalds Big Mac global? Maybe we can compare how much in each country

Yes: http://www.economist.com/content/big-mac-index

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I knew it was some place, however, it says nothing about the size. We do not see big macs here, only minuscule ones, can fit 3-4 in the palm without touching fingers, they are overall like a meatball. I dont recall even seeing one marketed as big, probably the ppl there are afraid to be ridiculed :P

• @Maounique said:
    I knew it was some place, however, it says nothing about the size. We do not see big macs here, only minuscule ones, can fit 3-4 in the palm without touching fingers, they are overall like a meatball. I dont recall even seeing one marketed as big, probably the ppl there are afraid to be ridiculed :P

Same here haha :)

• @Maounique said:
    I knew it was some place, however, it says nothing about the size.

I thought the size is standardised. TBH, I was talking about this one: http://www.mcdonalds.de/produkte/produkt-profil?productName=big_mac

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2013
  • $2.43

• @Rallias said:
    Hell, all of us american's use your pennies. Don't feel bad.

We don't use pennies though...

• @darknyan said:
    We don't use pennies though...

So you've shipped them all to US! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

• @AnEjd said:
    1 usd = 7.75 Hong Kong Dollars . It is a fixed exchange rate .

Not fully, it can float by a bit (5% i think is set by the SAR government currently) - And oh boy, it DOES fluctuate heavy in that %.

(Just watch one day HKD-USD forex, crazy)

• @Rallias said:
    So you've shipped them all to US! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Please don't inform your naive president, would you accept a bribe in pennies?