Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Germany people use VPN for browsing?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do Germany people use VPN for browsing?

warriorwarrior Member
edited March 2018 in General

Hi, like as the title said "Do Germany people use VPN for browsing?"
i got nearly 20k hits a day from Hetzner ips mainly, some from Digital Ocean.

so its all bot and im doing the right way to block it?

since Hetzner offer cloud line too many spammy traffic for my website, and i like block all traffic from that.

Comments

• Update:

most of 60% hits only from 4 DO ips, so i can block it for now.

• I'm curious how you think the title relates to your issue (whatever it is).

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I doubt they would use a VPN inside their own country.

• warriorwarrior Member
    edited March 2018

@Ole_Juul said:
    I'm curious how you think the title relates to your issue (whatever it is).

me and i always use vpn for privacy. some chinese use vpn too. i just guessing is germany people do vpn too.

• @MikeA said:

so i can block it for save few server resources. thanks

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@warrior said:

What kind of site do you host? What problems are you having that this is concerning you?

• TionTion Member

You are aware that people from other countries might tunnel their traffic through Hetzner?

• @MikeA said:

I do in public wifi Hotspots

• @MikeA said:

@warrior said:

What kind of site do you host? What problems are you having that this is concerning you?

just regular sites, not a huge problem just ate 4gb more ram on server.

@Tion said:
    You are aware that people from other countries might tunnel their traffic through Hetzner?

when you place few ads, i dont want to loss it from ad revenue.

@Ympker said:

@MikeA said:

I do in public wifi Hotspots

same as i am, like i dont trust anyone.

• warrior said: me and i always use vpn for privacy. some chinese use vpn too. i just guessing is germany people do vpn too.

I always use a VPN just as a matter of principle. Lots of people do nowadays. I still don't know what that has to do with getting "20k hits a day".

• @warrior said:
    Hi, like as the title said "Do Germany people use VPN for browsing?"
    i got nearly 20k hits a day from Hetzner ips mainly, some from Digital Ocean.

so its all bot and im doing the right way to block it?

since Hetzner offer cloud line too many spammy traffic for my website, and i like block all traffic from that.

We don't need VPN in our country. I just use VPN on my smartphone for hotspots or LTE.

• pikepike Veteran

@graphic said:
    We don't need VPN in our country.

Sure we need VPN in our country. For torrents.

• graphicgraphic Member
    edited March 2018

@pike said:

@graphic said:
    We don't need VPN in our country.

Sure we need VPN in our country. For torrents.

If you're torrenting then yes. But who want torrents when you can use zippy?

• pikepike Veteran
    edited March 2018

@graphic said:
    If you're torrenting then yes. But who want torrents when you can use zippy?

I love the german torrent community. Bunch of nice people. Also you might want to use a VPN even when downloading from OCHs since some lawyers could get your IP from there and sue you.

• @Ole_Juul said:
    I always use a VPN just as a matter of principle. Lots of people do nowadays. I still don't know what that has to do with getting "20k hits a day".

i just check analytics, and see on dashboard got peak traffic few days. after see unusual activity in analytics and do check logging.

awk '{a[$1]++} END {for (i in a) print a[i],i | "sort -rnk1"}' access.log > ips.log

i see 1-40k hits from each ips, and i guess its from vpn provider or not? so try to asking here.

• a lot of Iranian users are using Hetzner datacenter for VPN

• quickquick Member

No, don't block the ip's I am trying something

• pike said: when downloading from OCHs since some lawyers could get your IP from there and sue you.

>

The whole thing was fake. ;)
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/RedTube-Abmahnaffäre#Ermittlung_der_IP-Adressen

• pikepike Veteran
    edited March 2018

@farnox said:
    The whole thing was fake. ;)

Actually only the "program" they used for gathering the IPs was fake. They couldn't explain how they obtained the data because it was illegal. My guess is through ads or data they bought from an ISP.

OT: Do you use hetzner as a VPN @farnox? ;)

• @quick said:
    No, don't block the ip's I am trying something

lets give them a try, at least they die when trying.

i not using cms platform, all using APIs and only read for specific. even i dont have dbs on there.

• @warrior Hetzner hosts servers, DO too, your visitors are most likely not German people, they might be no people at all but bots or something.

Thanked by 2webcraft warrior
  • jagdjagd Member

me.
    I always use hetztner to tunnel my traffic, even at home. Hetzner provides me only 7ms ping (including ~3ms to my wifi router) from my city, 20TB traffic is quite enough for personal use.