Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[$25 reward] Cpanel account - HTTP 500 Error almost every day - why? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[$25 reward] Cpanel account - HTTP 500 Error almost every day - why?

124»

Comments

• imokimok Member

@nabin, @kkrajk, @patriciamarsh, @someshzade:

myhken said: The customer has to hire a webdesigner to fix this issue. I have done too much already.

Thank you @XuHi. I've done the search manually always. I wonder why I didn't just use that command to find base64_decode() and eval()

Thanked by 2kkrajk nabin
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@Falzo said:
    let's agree that this was the biggest BS statement in this thread anyway.

Then you are Self proclaimed BS programmer.

• DewlanceVPS said: Then you are Self proclaimed BS programmer.

500 error can be caused due to a wide range of issues

Thanked by 2Junkless imok
  • @DewlanceVPS said:

@Falzo said:
    let's agree that this was the biggest BS statement in this thread anyway.

Then you are Self proclaimed BS programmer.

Mate, there is no shame in NOT commenting when you do NOT know what you are talking about.

@Junkless said:
    Mate, there is no shame in NOT commenting when you do NOT know what you are talking about.

Wow, SO you want to say that 500 error does not occur due to memory issue? There is lot of reason but this are main reason. You don't need to post each and every single issue.

• DewlanceVPS said: You don't need to post each and every single issue.

I would agree but what you posted (for reference)

One and only one issue cause 500 error - Lack of memory or process is killed by Firewall (CSF)

Thanked by 2Falzo Junkless
  • @jetchirag said:

DewlanceVPS said: You don't need to post each and every single issue.

I would agree but what you posted (for reference)

One and only one issue cause 500 error - Lack of memory or process is killed by Firewall (CSF)

That's 2 issues

• But but but all 500 errors can be fixed by AutoBoot

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Please mention your website address. Much easier to diagnose then just commenting on the issues.

• @rahul_r said: Please mention your website address. Much easier to diagnose then just commenting on the issues.

And what would be your approach if you have the url?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@rahul_r said:
    Please mention your website address. Much easier to diagnose then just commenting on the issues.

I think the culprit has been found, everyone is questioning why the logs weren’t looked at.

• imokimok Member

@rahul_r said:
    Please mention your website address. Much easier to diagnose then just commenting on the issues.

No.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

So who got the reward in the end?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Why would he look at the logs? LET dark magic helps him.

@saibal said:
    But but but all 500 errors can be fixed by AutoBoot

Yes If Memory is exhausted. It will automatically take action. Clear cache memory.

• bapbap Member

@angstrom said:

hit! :D

• @DewlanceVPS said: Yes If Memory is exhausted. It will automatically take action. Clear cache memory.

Does AutoBoot clear cache or just reboot the VM?

• @angstrom said:

@Coffee got the reward, paid the same day. :D

rahul_r said: Please mention your website address. Much easier to diagnose then just commenting on the issues.

Could not do that - did not clear it with the customer if I could name their site.

My main goal with this thread was not to actual fix the issue - but be sure if the issue was a server issue or a WordPress issue.
    And the conclusion is that it was a WordPress issue. Since we on that server is not managing WordPress (or other sites) - I have told the customer where the issue are, and they have to fix it.

Some maybe think this is bad customer service? But I see it on another way. If we had helped the customer fixing the issue - and they still just never update WordPress/Plugins/Themes and then a new issue appear in a couple of years - the customer of course think it's our fault - and will demand us to fix it for free.

And for a customer that pays €10/month - we can't be responsible for their website for all future. We just provide them with a shared web-hotel with Cpanel control panel.

• The first thing you need to know about an "Internal Server Error" is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem meaning that the problem is not with our plugin. This is a 'catch-all' error generated by the Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

• myhkenmyhken Member

binalepuffs said: The first thing you need to know about an "Internal Server Error" is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software.

Hmm, I found out that the issue was that somebody got access to changes some files in an outdated theme folder - and when they changed the files, the site got the 500 Http error.
    If I then renamed the folder - the site worked fine again. If I renamed the folder back to it's original name, the site got the 500 Http error again.
    So if this is not a software issue I really don't know. It also seems like they had got a backdoor to the Wordpress installation, since the only way to edit the files that caused this issue, is with WordPress user rights. (the files has 644 permission) but you can edit the files via WordPress edit themes function.

So nothing on the server had fixed this issue - it's 100% WordPress issue.

• binalepuffs said: The first thing you need to know about an "Internal Server Error" is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software

Say for any apache server, I can create .htaccess file with a single dot (.) in it which will create 500 error. So, it wouldn't be a webserver problem.

• mkshmksh Member

Bumping this thread to spraid the pain.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@jetchirag said:

binalepuffs said: The first thing you need to know about an "Internal Server Error" is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software

Say for any apache server, I can create .htaccess file with a single dot (.) in it which will create 500 error. So, it wouldn't be a webserver problem.

but but but ...

@DewlanceVPS said:

• saibalsaibal Member

Should be a cakewalk for @DewlanceVPS to fix this since:

I have a 2+ yrs experience in server management, I can do anything(I can fix any problem...)

• I have a huge experience in solving a any type of problem.

Source

• @Falzo said:

@jetchirag said:

binalepuffs said: The first thing you need to know about an "Internal Server Error" is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software

but but but ...

@DewlanceVPS said:

I must be wrong, ofc! My mistake :(

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • The first thing you need to know about an 500 Internal Server Error is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem meaning that the problem is not with our plugin. This is a 'catch-all' error generated by the Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 Internal Server Error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error. However, there are often ways to quickly get around the problem:

• Reload the web page.
    • Clear your browser cookies and cache
    • Come back later.
    • Finally, Ask your Hosting Provider
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2020

@larabrian said:
    The first thing you need to know about an 500 Internal Server Error is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem meaning that the problem is not with our plugin. This is a 'catch-all' error generated by the Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 Internal Server Error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error. However, there are often ways to quickly get around the problem:

• Reload the web page.
    • Come back later.

Everyone is super glad you signed up to paste that.

https://www.google.com/search?q="is+not+a+client-side+problem+meaning+that+the+problem+is+not+with+our+plugin"&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us

• @larabrian said:
    The first thing you need to know about an 500 Internal Server Error is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem meaning that the problem is not with our plugin. This is a 'catch-all' error generated by the Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 Internal Server Error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error. However, there are often ways to quickly get around the problem:

• Reload the web page.
    • Come back later.

Awesome, where I can send you the $25?

• wow. 3 precious LET pages! $25. Am I late to the party?

• spunspun Member

I had a 500 error on one of my WP sites and couldn't figure out the issue. The solution, disable Mod Security for that site.