Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

email backup strategy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

email backup strategy

Hello everyone.

I use an email provider via IMAP and rainloop as client. If the provider goes deadpool. I lost my emails or they keep stored in my machine?

What i want is: If i need to change my provider, the emails keep untounched in the rainloop client, so i would just configure the imap for the new provider and everything seems transparent to my user.

Is that possible?

Thank You.

Comments

• IMAP displays mail messages in your (Rainloop) client, but they remain on the host's server - so if that server crashes, goes deadpool, etc., the messages are lost. Your current mail provider may allow you to take backups/snapshots of your home folder and account details, including e-mails, so I would look into that. Another way you COULD approach this, if you have full access to the user's account, is to copy all messages to a "local folder" using an e-mail client on your desktop PC / Mac. Then, if in a dead-server situation, configure the NEW imap credentials, and copy everything back.

Thanked by 1educury
  • Many thanks for the info. So i need to find a backup solution right now.

• Maybe with a 3rd party Email Archiving provider like SpamExperts:
    https://www.spamexperts.com/services/email-archiving

Thanked by 1educury