Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage and NVMe deals - Expiring on 27th March, 2018 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage and NVMe deals - Expiring on 27th March, 2018

Comments

• I recharged and submitted the work order an hour ago. When can I open it?

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited March 2018

Are deposits subject to refunds if network performance isn't satisfactory after a week? (unlikely, I've yet to ask a refund from any provider)

Can billing period be changed to yearly ($60?) for the 1.5TB plan after one(paid quarter) trial cycle

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It will take up to 24 hours before your VM is provisioned.

• sinsin Member
    edited March 2018

Hell yeah! Just deposited $15 for the quarterly 2GB (plus an extra 1GB RAM) NVMe deal in LA and opened a Sales ticket =) can't wait to get it. Thanks @Abdullah

I didn't need any of the storage deals so Im happy that there was a regular NVMe deal with the extra RAM and stuff in LA.

Thanked by 1hosthatch

@vimalware said:
    Are deposits subject to refunds if network performance isn't satisfactory after a week? (unlikely, I've yet to ask a refund from any provider)

I really don't want to answer this publicly because my answer will be misinterpreted. But a refund within a week is not a problem if the issue is on our side (so for example, if the general network connectivity goes bad, that qualifies for a refund), but we get quite a few people from China who have good connectivity one day, and then bad connectivity the next. That is not something we provide refunds for because there isn't much we can do about that situation.

The network going bad, in common sense LET standards will qualify for a refund.

Can billing period be changed to yearly ($60?) for the 1.5TB plan after one(paid quarter) trial cycle

Yes that is no problem.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • sinsin Member

Awesome, I received mine in 1 hour (didn't order storage, just regular nvme deal), it came with the extra 1GB RAM and a total of 2TB bandwidth as promised :-). I'm really happy with the purchase!

Having issues trying to upload a custom ISO at the moment (just keeps saying try again later) but I don't plan on setting everything up until later anyways.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • @Abdullah ipv6 ?

Thanked by 1aglodek

@tenpera said:
    @Abdullah ipv6 ?

All servers come with a /64

250 GB in Los Angeles and Stockholm are both now sold out.

All other deals are available till 27th March (or thread will be updated otherwise if another deal is sold out).

Anyone who already deposited funds before this post should get their server within the next 24 hours.

edited March 2018

doublepost

• Great deal!!!

I have deposited $15 for the quarterly 2GB (plus an extra 1GB RAM) NVMe deal in location LA and opened a Technical Support ticket.

Thanks @Abdullah

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • jaypeesmithjaypeesmith Member
    edited March 2018

I got mine earlier. I'll have to re-test I/O later, as I am sure the node I'm on is busy with all the provisioning going on. I/O on the storage instance I got in December is really good so, I have high hopes.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • BBTNBBTN Member

Already got four VMs from BF/CM offer, but with new locations I might get tempted to go for some more. Really satisfied so far.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • williewillie Member
    edited March 2018

I have 1.5TB LA from BF and it's great. Will probably want another one sometime but not now, so I hope this promo comes up again at some point. Capacity is 1500GiB for those who care about this detail.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • Hi @Abdullah -

Can I combine two NVMe 2GB as well?

The combined server would have 6GB Ram, 40GB space, and one 100% dedicated CPU.

Please confirm.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • aglodekaglodek Member
    edited March 2018

Can you provide test IP or looking glass for LA and Ams?

Any way to install custom OS (OpenBSD)?

Are extra IPv4's available and at what cost?

Is BGP session possible?

• Is ddos protection included on anything ?

• @aglodek said:

OpenBSD 6.1 is included in standard ISO templates. There is an option to upload custom iso as well.

@Abdullah can confirm and share more details.

Thanked by 2aglodek hosthatch
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@JoeMerit said:
    Is ddos protection included on anything ?

I think it's only in AMS and it costs extra. Normally included in the other promos as a small additional yearly fee.

Abdullah said: 250 GB in Los Angeles and Stockholm are both now sold out.

Would just like to post this again. Storage 250 plan is sold out in both Stockholm and Los Angeles. If you still deposit after this post, you can either request another plan or get a refund with $1 fee. Please keep that in mind before depositing for this plan.

@dev_vps said:
    Hi @Abdullah -

Can I combine two NVMe 2GB as well?

The combined server would have 6GB Ram, 40GB space, and one 100% dedicated CPU.

Please confirm.

It will come with 35 GB disk, basically the 4 GB plan upgraded to 6 GB as per the promotion.

@aglodek said:
    Can you provide test IP or looking glass for LA and Ams?

Are extra IPv4's available and at what cost?

Is BGP session possible?

Looking glasses are available on hosthatch.com/features. We support custom ISOs. Extra IPs are $2 per month each. BGP sessions are not possible, but IP announcement from our AS is.

@JoeMerit said:
    Is ddos protection included on anything ?

Voxility filtered IP addresses in Amsterdam are available for $3 per month each. It is not included.

Thanked by 2dev_vps aglodek
  • sinsin Member

Man I'm kinda tempted to pickup another one of their 2GB NVMe (+1GB RAM) deals but in Amsterdam this time. I've been playing around with my LA one and I love it.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • ofitofit Member

Hi @Abdullah
    Will KVM Storage 750 and KVM Storage 1500 plans available on EU location other time?

@ofit said:
    Will KVM Storage 750 and KVM Storage 1500 plans available on EU location other time?

Unlikely before Black Friday 2018.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • hzrhzr Member

@Abdullah how much for >30tb or 100mbps unmetered with 750GB disk in any location?

• im late to the party, its time to replace my old speedykvm (end in may) with hosthatch.

• Any chance of upgrading that to Raid 60 in the future? Thought of a single drive failing during a drive recovery strikes fear in my data... At least with 60 it's a 2 drive redundancy.

@sureiam said:
    Any chance of upgrading that to Raid 60 in the future? Thought of a single drive failing during a drive recovery strikes fear in my data... At least with 60 it's a 2 drive redundancy.

No plans to change it to RAID 60. RAID 50 is two drive redundancy.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

Offer still valid?

• @Abdullah said:

@sureiam said:
    Any chance of upgrading that to Raid 60 in the future? Thought of a single drive failing during a drive recovery strikes fear in my data... At least with 60 it's a 2 drive redundancy.

No plans to change it to RAID 60. RAID 50 is two drive redundancy.

Not trying to put you on the spot but that's not entirely true.

http://www.raid-failure.com/raid10-50-60-failure.aspx

Depending on the number of drives you have and groups it increases the probability that a second drive failure in Raid 50 won't cause raid failure, in addition the increased performance of RAID 50 vs 5 makes it less likely to fail during a recovery. But we've all agreed RAID 6/60 is the way to go moving forward.

In either case not trying to raid on your post, the offering are fantastic and it's not a game stopper. Just being LET and pointing out something, as you know we are all Armchair datacenter genesis here ;)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Been getting 500 errors all over the panel. It won't let me login anymore at all. Tested multiple browsers, ips, etc. Can you see what's the issue? @Abdullah