Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr routes to EU shot for a while (NL/IT/UK, etc)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr routes to EU shot for a while (NL/IT/UK, etc)

XeiXei Member
edited March 2018 in Providers

It's been going on a while now. Speeds to Europe in general are shot (highly variable/inconsistent in the KB/s ranges often) which makes Vultr/Choopa NJ/NY virtually unusable. Tech support are clueless. A friend told me it's an issue along their upstream probably GTT. I'm probably going to switch all my services to DO since the company doesn't seem competent to fix this issue.

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited March 2018

@Xei said:
    It's been going on a while now. Speeds to Europe in general are shot which makes Vultr/Choopa NJ/NY virtually unusable. Tech support are clueless. A friend told me it's an issue along their upstream probably GTT. I'm probably going to switch all my services to DO since the company doesn't seem competent to fix this issue.

Edit: brain fart :(

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2018

What is the point of posting this without any traceroutes or tests results ? I haven’t heard of any recent issues with GTT for that matter. We use them in our mix.

• XeiXei Member

At this point I think it's known their EU connectivity is in the gutter. I've migrated my services elsewhere since they lack the ability to diagnose and fix network issues. I am mobile and may find time later to add supportive evidence but it's easily reproducible by anyone so....

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

I’d love to see evidence of GTT being at fault especially. Our tests dont confirm this.

• @Clouvider said:
    I’d love to see evidence of GTT being at fault especially. Our tests dont confirm this.

Inbound via Vultr was flakey last few weeks on certain routes, didn't see issues on GTT side from our tests.

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

No issues with TiNET/GTT here either...

• XeiXei Member
    edited March 2018

I ran a few 1000 tests and confirmed all my US providers with the exception of Vultr is having persistent intermittent issues to various providers in Europe (Leaseweb {nl}, Aruba {it/uk}) probably others too. I do not know what route/ uplink / peer / whatever is being used causing the dreadfully slow connections (DSL is much faster). I'm not a network engineer. With that said it's been going on a week+, I moved my stuff to providers that don't have this problem. So for me the problem is resolved. Other people using Vultr to route to Europe have had the same experience so I know it's not some rare incident or fluke.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2018

@Xei said:
    I ran a few 1000 tests and confirmed all my US providers with the exception of Vultr is having persistent intermittent issues to various providers in Europe (Leaseweb {nl}, Aruba {it/uk}) probably others too. I do not know what route/ uplink / peer / whatever is being used causing the dreadfully slow connections (DSL is much faster). I'm not a network engineer. With that said it's been going on a week+, I moved my stuff to providers that don't have this problem. So for me the problem is resolved. Other people using Vultr to route to Europe have had the same experience so I know it's some rare incident or fluke.

There's been speak of some telia issues affecting UDP only recently. Might be related? Though - I wasn't aware of it being widespread; I'd only heard about this in relation to hetzner.

• I don't have any problems with Vultr/Choopa. Even the latency from Miami to Frankfurt (over OpenVPN) is great. Maybe it is your carriers fault idk without traceroutes...