Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXRoute Support - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXRoute Support

Comments

• kasslekassle Member
    edited March 2018

just signed mxroute and grab a package after read how @jarland will handle tickets

found a problem with white labeling, but with @jarland style ... i'll try tinker it myself, will release ticket when really need @jarland hands or found a way (when docs not exist at knowledgebase) to solve it.

edit: finally the white label issue solved. seem the knowledgebase about white label, need a little adjustment.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@default said:
    Other people expect from me to be serious and keep my promises, they don't like excuses. I therefore expect other people to keep their promises too, I don't like excuses, like the ones @jarland implies.

Feel free to reach out for a refund, happy to give it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Sometimes I wonder what world folks live in.

Thanked by 1beagle
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

most confusions due to cpanel probably , Are you guys working on building something different ?

• jarland said: Some personal stuff going on, he deserves all of your positive wishes.

Is this a health issue? if yes, all the best wishes for a quick recovery!

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

Jarland:

Mailenable or zimbra are not other options?

or are you always looking for the opensource?

• What happened to the "this is not a help desk" quips... I can't see any objective discussion about the quality of a service... maybe this is better for the respective provider to deal with on site.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ricardo said:
    What happened to the "this is not a help desk" quips... I can't see any objective discussion about the quality of a service... maybe this is better for the respective provider to deal with on site.

It's open season because it's @jarland.

Francisco

• Well if it is, then it shouldn't be, cant think of a reason why it would otherwise be.

I understand reasons why people would create threads with "I have an issue with this provider not providing service because X" to see if others do, i.e. server down, tickets being ignored, billing area down... this doesn't seem to fit the criteria.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited March 2018

@jarland Keep up the excellent service. Top notch ship you are running there. Definitely makes my job as admin easier.

Thanked by 2jar Wolveix
  • trnj said: Go to russian freelance websites and hire some people.

Yes - the ex-USSR is a great place to outsource your core team.

Make sure to give those randos you find on freelancer websites full access to the backend and customer data so they can do their job(s).

And make sure to go to those countries where the local police don't give a shit about crimes committed against foreign companies.

Thanked by 3jar MasonR lazyt
    edited March 2018

Learned something new today that you guys might appreciate while I'm on the toilet...

DNSSEC causes intermittent DNS resolution errors in a tiny minority of poorly run ISP DNS servers. Just enough that disabling it made sense, fix an actual issue receiving support tickets and trade it for a resolution to a problem that users weren't experiencing.

Except that disabling DNSSEC results in the inverse of the issue as it turns out that a significant portion of DNS servers in the world cache your DS record for a length of time roughly equivalent to "might clear on it's own before you die."

Of course, most people probably don't notice the issue caused by DNSSEC (shorthand, I'm not actually blaming the function) as it takes a significant number of customers exclusively connecting to your domains every minute of every day, and it's easy to just pass the buck without deep troubleshooting. So that hyper focus on resolving every customer issue possible, instead of blowing them off and blaming third parties, results in causing a significantly larger problem for a significantly larger number of people.

Damn I wish my problems were just cPanel. I press on though. Love you guys <3

• Just a quick question, since I recently signed up with MXroute: I know you oversell storage, but is it okay if I upload a few gigabytes' worth of past emails to my new MXroute inboxes in the next month or so? I've got 100 GB total which is mainly to last my entire lifetime.

• @jarland said:
    Learned something new today that you guys might appreciate while I'm on the toilet...

I can vouch for this learning method.

• lazytlazyt Member

I made my way through paramedic and nursing school that way.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited March 2018

Delays are pretty much my fault. I and @jarland run the support there, I had been busy for 3 weeks with internal company projects that got me pretty tired and @jarland has been the only guy running the support in the email hosting division. I had planned to start helping sorting the tickets this week as we have a large queue there but, unfortunately, my father has passed away in the 17th. As you can imagine, I had to take a week off, things are pretty confusing in my mind right now, so I need to get some rest.

Nevertheless, I expect our support to be fully operational by next week, and assure you that tickets will be solved in a timely manner.

Thank you for bearing with us, even though @jarland has been doing it all by himself in the last 3 weeks, we are pretty positive that we can improve our support timings as we are two now, with different schedules/timezones and more than willing/available to help our clients.

Thanked by 3beagle aglodek kassle
    edited March 2018

@jvnadr said:

jarland said: Some personal stuff going on, he deserves all of your positive wishes.

Is this a health issue? if yes, all the best wishes for a quick recovery!

Thank you, I believe I answered your question above. Unfortunately, my father has passed away in the 17th.

• Sincere condolences, and may God forgive him. We are left with memories and hope, as life goes on in love.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@default said:
    Sincere condolences, and may God forgive him. We are left with memories and hope, as life goes on in love.

Thank you for your support.

Cheers

• trnjtrnj Member
    edited March 2018

@jiggawattz said:

I'm talking about support. Namecheap outsourced 90% of staff to Russia. Kazakhstan is a great place (founders of Yandex, Nginx, Borat and etc.)

• trnjtrnj Member
    edited March 2018

@jiggawattz said:

Make sure to give those randos you find on freelancer websites full access to the backend and customer data so they can do their job(s).

Cambridge Analytica

• trnj said: I'm talking about support. Namecheap outsourced 90% of staff to Russia. Kazakhstan is a great place (founders of Yandex, Nginx, Borat and etc.)

A small company like MXRoute needs its support to have access to sensitive parts (e.g., the nodes and customer data)

If you are big enough that your support can just "flag this to the responsible person(s)" then sure, the ex-USSR is good for you.

trnj said: Cambridge Analytica

What's your point? A free and independent press exposed them and Facebook, and two legislatures held investigative hearings, and those companies can't just buy "roof" to make their problems simply and expediently disappear.

Thanked by 1jar
  • trnjtrnj Member

@jiggawattz said:
    then sure, the ex-USSR is good for you.

You are talking about ex-soviet people like "all afroamericans are niggers and assholes, do not deal with them". Possibly true :)

• trnj said: You are talking about ex-soviet people like "all afroamericans are niggers and assholes, do not deal with them". Possibly true :)

I'm not talking ex-Soviet people - I'm talking about the legal institutions that protect businesses and assets.

Westerners can be assholes too. But if you call up the local police and/or a lawyer, you can reliably get restitution. Not so in most ex-USSR countries, though I admit that the Baltic states have improved significantly.

Thanked by 1vimalware

Does the MXroute thread really have to be the one that devolves into a racist manifesto @trnj? Jesus.

• williewillie Member
    edited March 2018

• @jarland said:
    Does the MXroute thread really have to be the one that devolves into a racist manifesto @trnj? Jesus.

I like the way american says that russian, european, african, asian and extraterrestrial are all corrupted sub-human monkeys and all their companies are owned by their government, and this is not racist, we are just talking about an actual moral, ethic and human superiority.

But don't ask worldwide what people-non-american-monkeys think about prism, Condoleeza Rice in Dropbox board, In-Q-Tel, a fucking evoluted man as Trump and so on. Because maybe we are all the same stupid corrupted monkeys and you don't live in the only one virtuous country. By my point of view if I host my stuff in US, Russia or China there are not big differences, if the government wanna put the hands on my file, it does. From my point of view the racist here is not trnj which just tried to say that generalize about the corruption and corruptibility of an entire people is a little racist, but I know that this is just the point of view of a non-american-stupid-corrupted-corrutible-monkey.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • AidanAidan Member

Well, this thread is fucked.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Nope

This discussion has been closed.