Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Affordable UK VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Affordable UK VPS

2»

Comments

• @EHRA said:

@UltraVPS said:
    Hi @oh_goody,

we offer the following in London:

UltraKVM-15

• 512 MB RAM
    • 1 CPU Core
    • 15 GB RAID-10 Storage
    • 1 TB Monthly Transfer
    • 1 IPv4 address
    • 10 IPv6 addresses (from your own /64 IPv6 subnet)
    • Contract term: 6 months
    • Available in Amsterdam (Netherlands), Duesseldorf (Germany), Dallas (USA), London (UK), Los Angeles (USA)

2 EUR per month incl. 19% VAT (1.68 EUR/2.06 USD excl. VAT)

[ Further Information ] [ Order now
    ]

Do you have any questions? Please do not hesitate to drop us a mail at [email protected].

Go with ultravps.eu

They provide good service and meet your requirements charging a great price.

Ya' almost had me until I realized this was an HDD and not an SSD :/

Otherwise good deal.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@oh_goody said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@Lee said:

@AnthonySmith said:

asterisk14 said: Makes a change from you DDoS competitors ;-)

Sorry what?

LET never forgets :)

I did apparently, I did not realise he was talking to jack.

@spycrab101 said:
    I'm also looking for something like this, I just need bbc/iplayer support does Inception support this? (FUSE would also be a bonus but not a big deal)

Yes should work fine, I will refund in the first 14 days if not.

Are you still out of stock for your UK-SSD-KVM-512 ?

Yup sorry

• LeeLee Veteran

Stop tagging me or I rip your nuts off (If they can be found).

• @EHRA said:

@UltraVPS said:
    Hi @oh_goody,

we offer the following in London:

UltraKVM-15

• 512 MB RAM
    • 1 CPU Core
    • 15 GB RAID-10 Storage
    • 1 TB Monthly Transfer
    • 1 IPv4 address
    • 10 IPv6 addresses (from your own /64 IPv6 subnet)
    • Contract term: 6 months
    • Available in Amsterdam (Netherlands), Duesseldorf (Germany), Dallas (USA), London (UK), Los Angeles (USA)

2 EUR per month incl. 19% VAT (1.68 EUR/2.06 USD excl. VAT)

[ Further Information ] [ Order now
    ]

Do you have any questions? Please do not hesitate to drop us a mail at [email protected].

Go with ultravps.eu

They provide good service and meet your requirements charging a great price.

Ultravps don't have a monthly subscription plan, they require a 6month contract

• MozzieMozzie Member

Bought a 12 month special offer from ultravps.eu, London location as I needed a UK IP address. It turns out that the server is in London but the IP address is in Germany.

Raised a support ticket, was told it's not possible to get a UK IP address but the whois information declares it's a UK location. Absolutely no good at all for running something like OpenVPN with a UK IP address. I needed it for accessing a bank account, PayPal (who won't allow withdrawals to be requested overseas) and for a handful of client Raspberry Pi's to send data back.

No refunds either, won't touch them again regardless of their impressive prices. What's the point of a London location when the IP address is overseas?

• UltraVPSUltraVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2018

[Mozzie said]IP address is overseas

Actually, there are some Geo IP databases, that have stored a wrong location. We've already requested an update, but that takes its time.

(/discussion/comment/2802530/#Comment_2802530): No refunds either

You can request a full refund in our service portal if you're not satisfied with our service.

• @Mozzie said:
    Bought a 12 month special offer from ultravps.eu, London location as I needed a UK IP address. It turns out that the server is in London but the IP address is in Germany.

Raised a support ticket, was told it's not possible to get a UK IP address but the whois information declares it's a UK location. Absolutely no good at all for running something like OpenVPN with a UK IP address. I needed it for accessing a bank account, PayPal (who won't allow withdrawals to be requested overseas) and for a handful of client Raspberry Pi's to send data back.

No refunds either, won't touch them again regardless of their impressive prices. What's the point of a London location when the IP address is overseas?

Thanks for letting us know. I was also looking for a cheap UK VPS with UK IP and was planning to get one from the same provider.

UltraVPS said: We've already requested an update, but that takes its time.

Just a short remark: The Maxmind GeoIP database (probably the most important one) has been updated and now shows the right location.

• MozzieMozzie Member
    edited June 2018

You can request a full refund in our service portal if you're not satisfied with our service.

Hmmm, four response emails, one after another from different members of the customer service team to my original issue ticket, I even mentioned the refund, and none offered. All I got was justification about using whois to get the location which companies like PayPal don't use. I tried cancelling through the control panel, it gives me no other options other than to let the cancellation finish at the end of the 12 month term I paid for, seemingly no refunds available.

At the moment I'm writing this post the IP address locations show with different databases as:

IP2Location: United Kingdom

ipinfo.io: Germany

EurekAPI: Germany

DB-IP: United Kingdom

MaxMind: Germany

If MaxMind is the most important one it still hasn't been updated and would still be a problem. I've taken a screenshot for my own purposes in case I'm accused of being wrong but I'll post it if necessary.

I will add that the server was quick and reliable, signing up was no problem, but it wasn't suitable for me. Personally I wasn't impressed with the customer service response but I accept my expectations maybe too high.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Maxmind is updated every Tuesday I think, effective usually around Wednesday or Thursday.

edited June 2018

Hello @Mozzie,

I even mentioned the refund, and none offered.

We offer a full refund within the first 14 days of service. Please PM me the ticket number and I will have a look into this issue. Thank you.

If MaxMind is the most important one it still hasn't been updated.

The Maxmind database has definitely been updated. Please use the following URL to check: https://www.maxmind.com/en/geoip-demo (Test IP 185.177.148.4).