Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone is interested in Chinese VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone is interested in Chinese VPS?

Well..I can do Chinese VPS.
I'm a VPS Reseller.
512MB RAM
40GB Disk.
Price:$6.5/mo

Who is interested ?

Comments

• VPS in China?

• @weiyu99 said:
    VPS in China?

Yeah,in Beijing.

• jimpopjimpop Member
    edited September 2013

Do you have a test IP? If not, can you run a test from http://ping.chinaz.com/ and post the summary output from the bottom of the test results.

• What is the bandwidth?

• I actually really wouldn't mind having one, but the price usually discourages me from considering it to begin with.

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited September 2013

@darknyan said:
    I actually really wouldn't mind having one, but the price usually discourages me from considering it to begin with.

In fact,i can do it for $3.But..
    "You must sell this about 52.5 CNY"
    I do that for $6.5,in fact,it's not allowed.

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited September 2013

@xDragonZ said:
    What is the bandwidth?

Unlimited BW.

• @EDO said:
    "You must sell this about 52.5 CNY"

That's currently $8.58 USD.

• @jimpop said:
    That's currently $8.58 USD.

Yeah.

• Virtualization? ICP license for websites? Accepted payments methods?

• @MuZo said:
    Virtualization? ICP license for websites? Accepted payments methods?

Vmware.
    Need ICP license for websites.

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

How do foreigners get icp license?

• @Jylee said:

F**k ***.lol.

• @Jylee said:

From the looks of it, you need to register at miibeian.gov.cn/ then wait 20 days for it to get approved...

• I am interested

edited September 2013

@skybucks100

Only Chinese can get the license...

and if you are Chinese and want to get the license, you cannot directly register at miibeian.gov.cn, you need to find a company which has the qualification to help you get the license. During which you need to sign up a lot of paperworks and take a photo of yourself in front of a curtain with the LOGO of the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.

And, whether you get approved or declined depends on the mood of the staff. The ICP license makes me annoyed!! After a few attempts, I have to host my blog outside China.

Thanked by 2rm_ pluush
  • @Jylee said:
    skybucks100

Only Chinese can get the license...

and if you are Chinese and want to get the license, you cannot directly register at miibeian.gov.cn, you need to find a company which has the qualification to help you get the license. During which you need to sign up a lot of paperworks and take a photo of yourself in front of a curtain with the LOGO of the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.

And, whether you get approved or declined depends on the mood of the staff. The ICP license makes me annoyed!! After a few attempts, I have to host my blog outside China.

Well looks like I won't be getting a server in China...

edited September 2013

@skybucks100

If you don't mind 80 port being blocked, you can get one and use ssl 443 port or any other ports...

Or you can buy a licensed domain- -

• @Jylee said:
    skybucks100

If you don't mind 80 port being blocked, you can get one and use ssl 443 port or any other ports...

Or you can buy a licensed domain- -

What's a licensed domain...?

@skybucks100

The ICP license is based on domains, not a person..

Someone registered a lot of domains and get the license for them by unknown methods (PULL STRINGS? I don't know...).

Then they sell the licensed domain to earn money...

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @edo: I am interested on your offer, if the IP address of the VPS has a proper mainland Chinese geolocation. Do you provide a english control panel, or at least some faq/blog english translation of the essential commands? My chinese is limited to most essential ideograms and I rely on the Baidu translation service, so I would be unable to properly control the VPS without translation.

No web sites or public services will be hosted (that would be foolish). I will use it as Windows remote desktop, to check the speed and reachability from China of our company website, and to check the web sites of our local commercial partners (they are in southern China). I already tried the Bejing cloud VPS that Jylee posted some months ago, with interesting results; the VPS itself was seemingly working fine and local browsing speed to chinese web sites was normal, but RDP from my location in Europe had a horrible lag that became even worse with time, until I had to give up.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2013

and take a photo of yourself in front of a curtain with the LOGO of the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.

Do they also make you hold up a paper saying "sup MII, dd.mm.yyyy"? :)

I think all of this is because the GFW is probably installed only on international links, and it can't filter stuff hosted within China. So they have to pre-intimidate (basically with "we know where you live") everyone who wants to host a website there, so they would be hesitant publishing any "undesirable" information (and can be found and dealt with quickly, if they do).

By the way I expect the Russian government to implement a similar system sometime in the future too.

• RuchirablogRuchirablog Member
    edited September 2013

@EDO said:
    Vmware.

Nice but what about Vsphere access? I wouldnt touch a Vmware VPS without Vsphere

• Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
    edited September 2013

@rm_ said:
    By the way I expect the Russian government to implement a similar system sometime in the future too.

OK, some insights of current Internet-related situation in Russia.

A. One can't own a domain in assigned TLDs (.ru, .su, .рф). One can only be an administrator. Trend is to demand paper contract not only in case one wishes to pas ("sell") domain to another "owner", but to buy a domain as well. In other words, you provide all real information about yourself.

Whereas I do not see reasons to hide one's personal data, I am always concerned, since those data can be too easily passed to those willing to pay for them.

B. Am Internet censorship system is evolving and being tested. The reasons to have an URL/domain being banned for Russian citizens seem very noble (to defend children from suicide-related, drugs-related, violence-related propaganda and/or detailed description).

In reality, blocking is performed by IP, thus wreaking havoc upon Runet, since many sites using the same IP are banned (the majority of banned sites). A good example: an ironic post about suicide in one of Dreamwidth.org's blogs made that whole domain banned.

Note that everyone understands that unless the whole traffic is monitored, every computer is bugged, these bans can't be really applied. But although the bans are only for those unwilling to access data "banned" (circumvented by many means), it becomes obvious that we are watching tools to apply censorship for whatever reason.

No court order is required to ban the site/URL.

C. Another means to shut down sites has been enabled by extremal traditional copyright paladins. A site can be shut down without court order as preventive action if someone proves (demonstrates, in fact) that site contains something infringing someone else' copyright.

This is direct violation of principles of presumption of innocence, since the owner of banned site will have short time to prove that he/she has nothing to do with violation of copyright law. Meanwhile, this banning means gives broad possibilities to harm any Internet service when necessary.

D. Domains can be taken away from their "owners" (administrators) without court order, f there's kind of evidence domains are related to illegal drugs-related activity. No one is in doubt the list of reasons to seize domains will grow.

Personally, although I do what I can to enlighten people down here about the threats of censorship and blind defending traditional copyright, I had to relocate most of my Internet effects out of Runet.

I do not doubt censorship is evolving in many countries, since no government would tolerate free speech and uncontrolled media of that power.

JMNSHO.

• I suppose you could use it for a VPN :)

@Jylee said:
    skybucks100

In my country you can improve their mood dramatically if you show them a few notes. I bet that works in China too.

Thanked by 1pluush
  • test ip please?