Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Thread In December
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Thread In December

I created a thread in December with Black Friday deals that haven't been posted. The source was an aff link, so I removed the aff number rendering it a non-aff link.

However, people only saw the "=aff" part at the end, not taking the time to actually look at the link. Three replies complained and the staff here didn't check either.

I looked at my profile this week to see a warning on it.

This isn't meant to be a complaint, but I'm surprised at how little went into investigation goes into deleting threads and warning users. It occurred in December, but I never had the time to look into it.

To be clear however, not only was it NOT my aff link, it also WAS NOT an aff link to begin with.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2018

few things.

We are not mind readers and this was a post from a fairly new account, it WAS an affiliate link, not sure why you would post someone randoms affiliate link but either way it IS still an affiliate link even if it is not yours.

• having looked at the thread I am not really surprised at the action taken, given how much time the volunteer staff have to spend already on dealing with affiliate link spammers the truth is some innocents will get caught up in it too.

• opening a thread just for this is not the right way to deal with it, see point 1.

Thanked by 1Damian
This discussion has been closed.