Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ovh or leaseweb ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ovh or leaseweb ?

Right now i want to move my current vps because slow response of support (SG area) i need suggestion for choosing singapore vps. I'm comparing price, resource and of course support time between ovh and leaseweb. Thank you.

Comments

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

How about Linode?

• What kind of support are you looking for here? Both providers are unmanaged and aren't going to offer support for software related issues etc. OVH are generally quite good and have automated monitoring in place for network/hardware issues anyway.

If you're looking for high quality support neither of those are going to be the best options.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • bapbap Member

@WSCallum said:
    What kind of support are you looking for here? Both providers are unmanaged and aren't going to offer support for software related issues etc. OVH are generally quite good and have automated monitoring in place for network/hardware issues anyway.

If you're looking for high quality support neither of those are going to be the best options.

he want aws-enterprise-support-plan for free on ovh & leaseweb.

• logaritselogaritse Member
    edited March 2018

@WSCallum said:
    What kind of support are you looking for here? Both providers are unmanaged and aren't going to offer support for software related issues etc. OVH are generally quite good and have automated monitoring in place for network/hardware issues anyway.

I need quick support for response eg. if my vps got suspended (may be overload resource usage) and i'm opening ticket for asking unsuspend. I'm selling shared hosting, when my vps got suspended (sometimes shared hosting customer are bad) and take a long time to unsuspend the vps. its not good for business.

• i can manage my vps, but something sht happen with bad customer. And more sht come to me if they didn't response my ticket asking for unsuspend. Thats why i need to move my vps.

• In which case neither of those providers are going to be good options for your usage, although OVH Cloud is dedicated resources so might be a better option.

Thanked by 1logaritse
  • maybe vultr

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • sinsin Member

logaritse said: i can manage my vps, but something sht happen with bad customer. And more sht come to me if they didn't response my ticket asking for unsuspend. Thats why i need to move my vps.

If you need fast support replies then I would say pick Leaseweb over OVH but I haven't dealt with their support when it comes to Singapore, only their Netherlands and Manassas locations.

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@sin said:

logaritse said: i can manage my vps, but something sht happen with bad customer. And more sht come to me if they didn't response my ticket asking for unsuspend. Thats why i need to move my vps.

If you need fast support replies then I would say pick Leaseweb over OVH but I haven't dealt with their support when it comes to Singapore, only their Netherlands and Manassas locations.

VPS support is still handled by the Netherlands staff.

Thanked by 1sin
  • Digitalocean does also have an SG location. Have you considered them?

• Well, OVH Anti-DDoS is very Good, Also very trusted hosting and cheap, i recommend you use OVH, They have more years than LeaseWeb (Not saying they aren't good, Just OVH is more Experienced).

Thanked by 1logaritse
  • ZerpyZerpy Member

@AlemalakraIT said:
    Well, OVH Anti-DDoS is very Good, Also very trusted hosting and cheap, i recommend you use OVH, They have more years than LeaseWeb (Not saying they aren't good, Just OVH is more Experienced).

More years, how? In Anti-DDoS solutions or years being in business?

• LW: founded 1997
    OVH: founded 1999

• Thank you all, it seems i will pick OVH. I'm tempted to get their dedi; so i can free from this suspend things.

• I would recommend Leaseweb or Hetzner

• Wherever you will go, if you do not take very good actions to prevent suspend of your vps, you will be in trouble again. Hetzner are even harder with spammer and abuse, your vps might get deleted.

Remember to use cloudlinux for resources sharing and cageing, some sort of ips/ids/fail2ban (something like immunify360) and never never ise local smtp..i use smtp relays like MailChannles, or Mailgun. All listed services are very cheap but saves yous azz from bigger problems

Thanked by 1logaritse
  • @sdfantini said:
    Wherever you will go, if you do not take very good actions to prevent suspend of your vps, you will be in trouble again. Hetzner are even harder with spammer and abuse, your vps might get deleted.

Remember to use cloudlinux for resources sharing and cageing, some sort of ips/ids/fail2ban (something like immunify360) and never never ise local smtp..i use smtp relays like MailChannles, or Mailgun. All listed services are very cheap but saves yous azz from bigger problems

Thank you for your suggestion, i know playing with shared hosting customer are painfull.