Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hmailserver experience and opinion
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hmailserver experience and opinion

Few weeks ago I planned to build my mail server using hmailserver.already setup.quite easy to setup.ready for email sending 4200 subscriber 2 times daily.21 days.

looking for some opinion dos and donts.

if u already using how many regularly send? server config? how many user?

Comments

• You send 4200 subscribers 2 emails per day, yet you don't classify your mails as spam?

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • its not spam.

• M66BM66B Veteran

It's spam, unless you tell why it is not. Did everybody opt in?

• yeah they are opt in from fb ad

• Did you do double opt-in?

Were users allowed to participate in your [whatever the ad said] without subscribing?

Was the subscribe checkbox auto-checked?

• yes

• M66BM66B Veteran

I don't believe it. Provide an example link.

• Why i need to provide you example link?!!! i just need a opinion from here if anyone used hmail server and hows there config.go ahead men if you are not able to give opinion.

• lemonlemon Member

@raihan0888 said:
    Why i need to provide you example link?!!! i just need a opinion from here if anyone used hmail server and hows there config.go ahead men if you are not able to give opinion.

because you wont get help here with spam, so you have to prove that it's not spam first.

• @lemon said:

@raihan0888 said:
    Why i need to provide you example link?!!! i just need a opinion from here if anyone used hmail server and hows there config.go ahead men if you are not able to give opinion.

because you wont get help here with spam, so you have to prove that it's not spam first.

lol

• lemonlemon Member

@raihan0888 said:

@lemon said:

@raihan0888 said:

lol

fixed that for you

• M66BM66B Veteran

@raihan0888 said:

Because we all hate spam and it shouldn't be too much trouble to provide an example.

• i know people hate spam.to get a opinion from people i need to prove that i have double opt in list quite funny.if you dont wanna help or give suggestion you may avoid the thread.but how you asking someone to prove that i have double opt in list.

• NomadNomad Member

Still, insisting on it is when he's saying it's not spam is no different from inquisition... That's not good either...

I've used it years ago. It was pretty easy as it is a windows application.

Use DKIM, SPF Records, DMARC etc. In your dns.
    Make sure you have a working one-click unsubscribe link below your mails and do not send unwanted / unrelated content to people who did not actually type their email to receive emails.

Thanked by 1raihan0888
  • @Nomad said:
    Still, insisting on it is when he's saying it's not spam is no different from inquisition... That's not good either...

I've used it years ago. It was pretty easy as it is a windows application.

Use DKIM, SPF Records, DMARC etc. In your dns.
    Make sure you have a working one-click unsubscribe link below your mails and do not send unwanted / unrelated content to people who did not actually type their email to receive emails.

Thanks for your such a nice comment.In every forum such kind of people all time present.Instead of helping they try to argue, find out lacking.

All are double opt in about local business marketing.

I am confused about server requirements.how i able to calculate for how many subscriber what should be the hardware config.

• AidanAidan Member

https://www.mail-tester.com

Make sure your mail looks good before you start sending it out, twice a day might get you spam flagged with a lot of end-users.

• @Aidan said:
    https://www.mail-tester.com

Make sure your mail looks good before you start sending it out, twice a day might get you spam flagged with a lot of end-users.

getting 9.7 only rdns not edited.to edit that i have to use amazon route 53.i am not used with route 53.server hosted in ec2.

somewhere read that even 10/10 also going to spam if ip is blacklisted or domain blacklisted or bounce a lot or people press spam button.not gonna bounce cause its double optin.

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

I used hMail many years ago, when my only experiences was with Windows servers, seemed to work well enough, but I've since moved on to more robest solutions.

In general, you want SPF, PTR and DKIM for mail if you want any reasonable change of your mail being delivered.

Thanked by 1raihan0888
  • freerangecloud said: I used hMail many years ago, when my only experiences was with Windows servers, seemed to work well enough, but I've since moved on to more robest solutions.

In general, you want SPF, PTR and DKIM for mail if you want any reasonable change of your mail being delivered.

only missing is ptr all are ok in mail-tester and glockapps.com/

• @raihan0888 said:

@lemon said:

@raihan0888 said:

lol

• NomadNomad Member

@404error said:

@raihan0888 said:

@lemon said:

@raihan0888 said:

lol

Yeah, a dick.

• lazytlazyt Member

You will be amazed how many click it as spam. Especially coming in that fast.

Thanked by 1Aidan