Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for Tor (VfT) offers. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for Tor (VfT) offers.

2»

Comments

• @vedran said: The shadiest thing I ever did with my VPS was using it to watch BBC iPlayer. Yes, I'm a criminal now!
    Watch your words young man.

+100

@Aldryic said: Correct, Tor is not illegal. Neither is bittorrent or other forms of P2P, it's how you use it.

+100 again

@Maounique said: A non-exit Tor node is highly unlikely to give any issues since no end traffic will come out of it

some wise words, again :)

all in all this topic is a good idea. let's see what happens next...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2012

@Aldryic "I strongly advise that you post your request on warez forums; the legitimate providers here (whom you seem to have no respect for anyways) really want nothing to do with your hypocrital holy crusade."
    My "hypocrital" holy crusade is nothing compared to your righteousness.
    First of all I had providers I found out about on LEB that not only allowed Tor but helped with stuff such as different IP ranges and all. Forwarded complaints and followed with interest the argumentation, we were both making fun of idiots that blamed Tor for abuse of their compromised systems (passes leaked by other (internal) means). That admin was from a big american university, I mean, where is the quality of teaching nowadays ? But I digress.
    All in all, if you do not allow Tor, fine, but why do you feel compelled to some "non-hypocrital" holy crusade against it ? Maybe because there are other ppl that allow and support it ? How would that hurt your business, even if that is the case ?

For those ppl that also think this topic is not usefull and we should ask VPS providers if they are allowing it or not, well, I did that and it is generally slow and ppl dont understand what Tor is (like many here that preach against it). It would save time and nerves by having a dedicated topic (not this one because has been already hammered a lot, maybe admins will provide a place where they will only allow serious offers and cut out the spam) and some providers will look at it, get info about Tor and decide if they make offers to host it or not.
    There are knowledgeable ppl out there that do allow or even support Tor. For them facts and business are more important than official propaganda and empty threats from incapable admins that would rather close down the Internet instead of securing their systems.
    M

Thanked by 1Jacob
  • @Maounique said: First, it is not TOR, but Tor. This shows little knowledge about subject, like most ppl that are against Tor.

Wow, can you be a little more douchey?

• And @littleguy just summed it up quite nicely.

• Yeah, regarding TOR vs. Tor, it's technically called "The Onion Router," so I can see someone thinking it's an initialism. Nitpicking that is just being a d-bag.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2012

Not really, it shows the ignorance regarding the matter. Only ignorants cant put Tor in same place with warez.
    But, anyway, this is not going anywhere. As usual, ppl that listen to their customers and stay within the law will win. The ones that think only ppl that have something to hide need anonimity, will lose, no matter how many laws they make and how much further than the law they go in "upholding" it.
    One day ppl wont be so scared to talk about legal software and legit use of it, we are not there yet, at least not here.
    I have faith in the EU and the more US tries to lock out ppl of Internet and their views out of the public eye, the more The Internet will move into more favourable jurisdictions.
    M