Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap dedicated server allowed torrent - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap dedicated server allowed torrent

2»

Comments

• What about https://bitport.io/welcome ? Not a dedicated server but service designed for torrenting.

• @Ympker said:
    What about https://bitport.io/welcome ? Not a dedicated server but service designed for torrenting.

No. Prefer dedicated for maintaining ratio

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

mrlongshen said: Uh sorry. But comeon, a dedicated server and got 50mbps. What do you think? I use a vps. But more fast lor.

Lor? You're either from SG, HK or MY.

50mbps in Asia is expensive. Even local bandwidth is relatively expensive given the cost of local loops (at least in HK).

$50 is not a lot of money in Asia for server/network. If you need guarantees put into an SLA or TOS, then you need to expect much lower than 50mbps.

1G local loop in HK cost about $700 - $1,000 USD /month. Even if the IP transit was totally free, the cost per mbit is still $0.7 - $1 /Mbit. On a 10G local loop, the price is of course much better (less than 1/5), but still, bandwidth is never free. Only local bandwidth is available for under $1 /Mbit, and that's probably not what you want. Cheapest providers of international bandwidth are people like Cogent and HE.net, which will still set you back $2-$3 /mbit. So if you're working on a $50 budget, then a realistic guaranteed level of service would be around 15-25Mbit.

In reality of course, end users rarely use the allocated bandwidth, and so individual servers can often burst to much higher speeds, so if you're in HK or SG, and you get a server in HK or SG, you are very likely to get close to the full port speed for most of the time you try.

But if you're using a server in the US or EU, there are many factors that can affect speed. Your own ISP can be a factor.

Just open up speedtest.net and you'll find performance varies widely between test servers. What may be fast for you, may be slow for someone else. What's slow for you may be fast for someone else. So if you're getting 50Mbit from a server in USA while you're in SG, then no matter how fast your connection is, that's actually a pretty reasonable transfer rate for a single threaded transfer.

• @mrlongshen said:

@Ympker said:
    What about https://bitport.io/welcome ? Not a dedicated server but service designed for torrenting.

Just as an alternative :)
    If you go even higher with your budget you could just pay the same for Flix, Prime, Hulu and CR/Funimation not leaving much left to torrent.

• mrlongshenmrlongshen Member
    edited March 2018

@randvegeta said:

mrlongshen said: Uh sorry. But comeon, a dedicated server and got 50mbps. What do you think? I use a vps. But more fast lor.

Lor? You're either from SG, HK or MY.

50mbps in Asia is expensive. Even local bandwidth is relatively expensive given the cost of local loops (at least in HK).

$50 is not a lot of money in Asia for server/network. If you need guarantees put into an SLA or TOS, then you need to expect much lower than 50mbps.

1G local loop in HK cost about $700 - $1,000 USD /month. Even if the IP transit was totally free, the cost per mbit is still $0.7 - $1 /Mbit. On a 10G local loop, the price is of course much better (less than 1/5), but still, bandwidth is never free. Only local bandwidth is available for under $1 /Mbit, and that's probably not what you want. Cheapest providers of international bandwidth are people like Cogent and HE.net, which will still set you back $2-$3 /mbit. So if you're working on a $50 budget, then a realistic guaranteed level of service would be around 15-25Mbit.

In reality of course, end users rarely use the allocated bandwidth, and so individual servers can often burst to much higher speeds, so if you're in HK or SG, and you get a server in HK or SG, you are very likely to get close to the full port speed for most of the time you try.

But if you're using a server in the US or EU, there are many factors that can affect speed. Your own ISP can be a factor.

Just open up speedtest.net and you'll find performance varies widely between test servers. What may be fast for you, may be slow for someone else. What's slow for you may be fast for someone else. So if you're getting 50Mbit from a server in USA while you're in SG, then no matter how fast your connection is, that's actually a pretty reasonable transfer rate for a single threaded transfer.

I believe you are so misunderstood so much. hehe.

I have 50mbps internet connection.

Read below scenario

Server A which got 50mbps up/dl (france)
    Server B which got 700mbps up/dl (france)

When transfer data to my pc using IDM:

Server A got 300kbps to 500kbps only.
    Server B got 4.8mbps to 5.3mbps per download.

I believe when I download file from server B, I can use all my fullspeed internet connection.

Why this happen ?

• @Ympker said:

@mrlongshen said:

@Ympker said:

Just as an alternative :)
    If you go even higher with your budget you could just pay the same for Flix, Prime, Hulu and CR/Funimation not leaving much left to torrent.

Thank you