Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for major CDN resellers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for major CDN resellers

Looking for:

• Edgecast Verizon
  • Limelight
  • Level3
  • Tata Communications

Or anything else I am missing.

Already got the following:

About 1TB of traffic per CDN. Should be as cheap as possible and ideally support pay-as-you-go

Any ideas?

Comments

• hzrhzr Member
    edited March 2018

Verizon wouldn't talk to me PAYG, and wanted several hundred USD/month minimums. And they wanted to charge for SSL and charge for logs (several hundred/month each).

Same with L3. I was asking for quote on >10TB.

Thanked by 2Aidan vimalware
  • Yep, that's why I am looking for resellers as a better alternative. I also got asked a lot just to get https under their own subdomain. Which is crazy

• hzrhzr Member

This was through a reseller for vz. $400+ setup and $400+ monthly for SSL support. Same price setup and monthly additional for any rules, same price for adding token auth.

I was like "wtf?" and they said it was what they are charged.

Thanked by 1jimaek
  • hzrhzr Member

nb: I am also interested in small commits (100-300GB) on as many CDNs as possible if you do end up finding any.

Thanked by 1jimaek
  • ZerpyZerpy Member

For Edgecast, talk to speedyrails.com - they might be able to do something custom for you if it's for a good cause, same goes for Leaseweb CDN if you want them on the list

• GodsGods Member

Curious where did you acquire Akamai CDN?

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@Gods said:

Rackspace CDN is Akamai for example

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @hzr said:
    This was through a reseller for vz. $400+ setup and $400+ monthly for SSL support. Same price setup and monthly additional for any rules, same price for adding token auth.

I was like "wtf?" and they said it was what they are charged.

Heh... Why the fck is the pricing so high?

• @Gods said:

In my case it was through IBM's cloud.

Thanked by 2vimalware Gods
  • ZerpyZerpy Member

@jimaek - can you do CDN monitoring, even if the CDN is only having a few hundred users so far? :-)

I'm interested in seeing the actual performance worldwide.. Without having to pay a zillion dollars to Cedexis :-D

• avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider

You can add one CDN service in Azure, they're using Edgecast (Verizon).

• RodneyRodney Member
    edited March 2018

@aveline said:
    You can add one CDN service in Azure, they're using Edgecast (Verizon).

I see Azure offers Akamai as well, I wonder if there's any actual speed difference between Standard and Premium though.

• @Zerpy Depends on what you mean zillion dollars. We have an official price list for such things. Not cheap but not tens of thousands like Cedexis either. PM me if you want.
    This is the product itself https://perfops.net/

• jimaekjimaek Member

Since the last post Microsoft launched their own CDN using their own infrastructure.
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-microsoft-s-own-cdn-network/

We are already monitoring it.

And I am really looking for a Limelight reseller.
    Maybe someone knows a guy who knows a guy?

• If you don't have Verizon EdgeCast yet, check out Inxy aka SpaceCDN.com - they offer Verizon EdgeCast through their reseller accounts, with full access to the Verizon EdgeCast portal and API.

• jimaekjimaek Member

Already have them, and I believe for cheaper than those guys when they quoted me last time

• subhojitduttasubhojitdutta Member
    edited May 2018

@jimaek said:
    Looking for:

• Edgecast Verizon
    • Limelight
    • Level3
    • Tata Communications

Or anything else I am missing.

Already got the following:

About 1TB of traffic per CDN. Should be as cheap as possible and ideally support pay-as-you-go

Any ideas?

Tata will have pricing similar to Akamai. If you can afford Akamai, contact Tata Directly.

• jimaekjimaek Member

I am not buying akamai directly, can't afford their contracts, i am buying from a reseller with pay-as-you-go pricing.

So that's what I am looking here as well

• jhjh Member

Speedyrails for Version

• jimaekjimaek Member

Already got Verizon

• hzrhzr Member

I can give you a contact for Limelight, but not cheap, $xxxx+ payg minimums, bw does not roll over. They sell monthly mostly.

• jimaekjimaek Member

Nah, I can't afford that unfortunately. Really strange that there are no resellers for them.

• Super curious as I'm looking for fastly reseller and Google CDN?

• jimaekjimaek Member

Fastly is pay-as-you-go so I don't think you can find any reseller, you can just register with them directly. No contracts or anything like with others. Same with Google CDN.