Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaRacks shared hosting disk full
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaRacks shared hosting disk full

dahartigandahartigan Member
edited March 2018 in General

Hey guys,

A few days ago I opened a ticket to Alpharacks to let them know that their disk is full on their shared hosting node "latitude" and they said they are working on it. Nothing has changed.. check out this screenshot:

https://imgur.com/a/kpcG4

I know that they suck and are to be avoided, but for 99 cents I had to see for myself.

I'm appealing to anyone reading this, STAY AWAY! Go spend your dollar on candy or something unless you like to collect useless hosting :P

EDIT: I forgot to add, you really do get what you pay for!

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

shit that laptop needs an upgrade

• @WSS said:
    shit that laptop needs an upgrade

Haha yeah, a rack full of dell laptops would be quite funny. I think I have an old latitude stashed away somewhere that I was going to use as a retro rig but never quite got around to it. Along with all of my other unfinished projects.

• Shhhhhh.... Be quiet... I'm huntin a rabbit

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @vovler said:
    Shhhhhh.... Be quiet... I'm huntin a rabbit

Is it a wascaly wabbit?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@dahartigan said: Hey guys,

Thought you had been banned.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited March 2018

@angstrom said:

Keen observation there sherlock

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

@dahartigan said:

@angstrom said:

What brings you back?

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited March 2018

@angstrom said:

@dahartigan said:

@angstrom said:

What brings you back?

Nothing interesting - certainly nothing drama-worthy if that's where this is heading :)

• WSSWSS Member

@angstrom said:
    What brings you back?

Dude can't leave. He just keeps coming back, so this is probably easier.

Hell, for as much as I shitpost here, when I was told to fuck off, I just fucked off.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

This is what let addiction .

• NekkiNekki Veteran

angstrom said: What brings you back?

He's the current admin nemesis. The admin nemesis has to keep coming back, or they're not a nemesis, silly rabbit.

@Nekki said:

angstrom said: What brings you back?

He's the current admin nemesis. The admin nemesis has to keep coming back, or they're not a nemesis, silly rabbit.

Oh, yeah, this guy is Ant's mao, I had nearly forgotten!

@WSS said: Hell, for as much as I shitpost here, when I was told to fuck off, I just fucked off.

But you're much more mature than this guy, who is probably in his early 20s at best.

• emghemgh Member

I know, it's Alpharacks. I'm not using them for anything important. Nothing to worry about. Still, how do you even manage your servers bad enough for this to even be a problem?

A fatal error has occurred: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) Error Code: 2002

https://snag.gy/CfLxj0.jpg

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2018

You dont manage them.. Simple, people pay anyway so why bother doing the work, you are living proof of that.

• emghemgh Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    You dont manage them.. Simple, people pay anyway so why bother doing the work, you are living proof of that.

Pay, sure. But I do not know how well my $0.99 ($0.66 for them after fees) makes them able to rent Quadranet servers. Obviously I do not use it for websites that anyone visists, I use them for putting up notes in a html document that I need to be public as such. There's really no reason for me to pay more than I need to. And by the way, my website still works. I did some testing with a script that required MySQL but then again, no one will notice it because no one uses the website.

Obviously I could have gotten hosting in the same price range with good reputation, for example I use Vikinglayer for my blog that's actually getting some hits once in a while, and it works perfectly. Now, I would get better quality by taking my time and migrating the sites over, but why would I? Literally no one would see any difference, and it would take up my time & some money. I just do not see the reason to. I've never stated that I recommend Alpharacks for anything, but for what I do, there's nothing wrong with them.

emgh said: But I do not know how well my $0.99 ($0.66 for them after fees) makes them able to rent Quadranet servers.

because if something is $0.99 10,000 cheap skates will but it in no time, then people start to use it and you start getting exactly the issues you describe, but they don't care because they already have the money and the cycle continues.

emgh said: I've never stated that I recommend Alpharacks for anything, but for what I do, there's nothing wrong with them.

well given that you bumped a 2 week old topic to report issues and talk about how bad they are, I sense a conflict between your posts :)

Either way, cheap garbage remains cheap garbage while people continue to buy cheap garbage.

• emghemgh Member

AnthonySmith said: well given that you bumped a 2 week old topic to report issues and talk about how bad they are, I sense a conflict between your posts :)

No, most of my packages with them even have zero files installed, there's nothing on them. There's a reason for me not using them to host my one site with traffic, my blog. I knew this would be the case. Just because I remember this thread and chose to contribute with my found, that I do belive is quite funny, that dosen't mean I care about those websites. If I did, I would have brought some shared space over at Vikinglayer, or some vps hosting with OVH, but well, I don't. I went to the domain to see if it was still online, and it was. I went to the MySQL to see if it was running, and I though the reason for it not running was quite the topic of this thread, but maybe even worse, so I posted it. There's nothing conflicting. Hell, why do you think I can spend my time posting on LEB instead of actually migrating the sites? Because.. Well.. I do not care about them. I can assure you that.

no worries, I am just pointing out that you yourself are giving all the reasons that they are able to continue to stay running while "managing your servers bad", people realize its crap and don't use it or use it for minimal stuff, and now your saying you have multiple packages ahahaha.

• emghemgh Member
    edited March 2018

@AnthonySmith said:
    no worries, I am just pointing out that you yourself are giving all the reasons that they are able to continue to stay running while "managing your servers bad", people realize its crap and don't use it or use it for minimal stuff, and now your saying you have multiple packages ahahaha.

Yeah, I pack every website that I have "idle" in there. Until I get enough that a VPS would save me money I'll keep ordering more..

• mansoormansoor Member
    edited March 2018

AlphaRacks and /mod snip/ do no expect you to host any sites on their servers. That is not their business model.

Their business model is to sell super mega hosting packages for $5.00. They rely on people not caring about the $5.00 loss and just move on. If they can get 100 suckers a month for a server they are paying $10.00 a month, that is $490 is profit.

• SamPSamP Member
    edited March 2018

mansoor said: If they can get 100 suckers a month

Hope you never did allow this to happen to you.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Get a bunch of LES and be done with it.

You can host many websites on a 128mb and even build your own HA cluster with geolocation.

For a teeny more $/€. And you would sponsor a good cause.

• emghemgh Member

@mikho said:

You can host many websites on a 128mb and even build your own HA cluster with geolocation.

Vilket good cause är that if jag may ask?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@emgh said:

@mikho said:

The providers who offers the locations :).
    Think of the children, they nedd food on the table. :D

Thanked by 2RickBakkr kkrajk
  • emghemgh Member

@mikho said:

@emgh said:

@mikho said:

The providers who offers the locations :).
    Think of the children, they nedd food on the table. :D

Start erbjuding Sweden and I’ll kanske consider det.

• english only cunts

katten leker runt skålen

• imokimok Member

@maldovia said:
    english only cunts