Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPv6 proxy method
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPv6 proxy method

Hi there,
I seen a proxy method floating around twitter where you could take an ipv6 on a linode or ubuntu vps and convert it into 256 usable ipv4 proxies. I believe the proxies use different ports, but the same IPv4 IP.

Can anybody help me figure out how to do this? I'll pay you for your guidance.

Thank you!

Comments

• mkshmksh Member

tookwin86 said: I believe the proxies use different ports, but the same IPv4 IP.

Whats the point in having 256 proxies when they all use the same IP?

• I believe it'd still work because all the port numbers are different?

I didn't believe it myself, but there are several proxy resellers that are selling people one IP with different ports, and it seems to be working.

Could they be forwarding different ipv6 proxies to each of those ports?

• hzrhzr Member

That's not how it works. And you can forward anything to anything, but you'll need more than just one VPS and one IP.

• WSSWSS Member

That is not how the internet works.

• hmm i see. ok, thanks for your inputs!

• hzrhzr Member

For example I can give you a single IPv4 IP:PORT that leads to a trillion IPs behind it.

You'll still need to pay for every single one behind it. In addition.

• @hzr said:
    For example I can give you a single IPv4 IP:PORT that leads to a trillion IPs behind it.

You'll still need to pay for every single one behind it. In addition.

so if I did convert an ipv6 to an ipv4 address, that means I'd have to pay for both ips correct?

Also, if I had one proxy but used 15 different ports, would that have any negative effects on the performance of the proxy? I would assume so, because there are sources trying to connect to it correct?

• hzrhzr Member
    edited March 2018

You cannot "convert IPv6 to IPv4". You probably want to understand the different layers, and that you'll need something in the middle that can only forward the underlying data. Give this a read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model

• @tookwin86, how do you think you can convert an IPv6 to an IPv4?

• @hzr said:
    You cannot "convert IPv6 to IPv4". You probably want to understand the different layers, and that you'll need something in the middle that can only forward the underlying data. Give this a read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model

ok, I'll check this out. Thank you!

• @AlyssaD said:
    @tookwin86, how do you think you can convert an IPv6 to an IPv4?

I was just quoting what was being told to me by the user of the method. It might have just been a ploy to increase sales. I'm not sure.

• mkshmksh Member

@tookwin86 said:

@AlyssaD said:
    @tookwin86, how do you think you can convert an IPv6 to an IPv4?

I was just quoting what was being told to me by the user of the method. It might have just been a ploy to increase sales. I'm not sure.

Whatever it is it does not make any sense.

• hzrhzr Member

Every time I heard "method" used in this type of context my first thought is kiddie / bullshit lies / spammers trying to spam. It's like how when you see "class c" the first thing you think of is spam.

Thanked by 1mksh