Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedimax 1Gbps, is it shared like Oneprovider?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedimax 1Gbps, is it shared like Oneprovider?

Hey guys,

Dedimax doesn't clarify on their site if the connections are shared like they say they are on Oneprovider, fair usage and what not. Is Dedimax the same as this or do they not care? Looked around on the site and can't find it anywhere.

Thanks!

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

How much are you paying for what bandwidth ?

Thanked by 1mksh
  • @6ixth - Dedimax for France location is just a Online.net reseller like Oneprovider.
    Generally this type of servers are limited offers from Online.net with no guaranteed bandwith.

• Dedicated prices:

6.99€ PER MONTH -> 1GBPS

19.99€ PER MONTH -> 2.5GBPS

It's shared. Bandwidth ain't that cheap.

edited March 2018

yeah, not even close. Had bandwidth been free, one would charge more for the port on the kit alone, that ain't free either.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Pretty obvious it's Shared. Unless it just means 1G to the switch. Can't even get 100M for that price!

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@randvegeta said:
    Pretty obvious it's Shared. Unless it just means 1G to the switch. Can't even get 100M for that price!

For which price? 6.99 or 19.99?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Zerpy said:

@randvegeta said:

For which price? 6.99 or 19.99?

Both actually. I mean at $20, you might be able to get 100M if you're getting a 1 or 10G commitment, but definitly not at the 20 bucks level.

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited March 2018

I low key knew this but I mean half the providers on LET propose a deal that isn't sustainable so that is more like what I wanted to confirm.

Considering WSI for example can offer decent services on 100TB , 1Gbps connection for $20 I don't see how this technically wouldn't be possible.

• pikepike Veteran

@6ixth said:
    Considering WSI for example can offer decent services on 100TB , 1Gbps connection for $20 I don't see how this technically wouldn't be possible.

This only works because most users don't use 100TB every month.

• WSSWSS Member

@pike said:

..and the hardware is pure profit above the power expense, since it's 10+ year old garbge.

• @WSS said:

@pike said:

..and the hardware is pure profit above the power expense, since it's 10+ year old garbge.
    @WSS said:

@pike said:

I have an e3-1230v2 from wsi tho :/

• @Zen said:

Crandolph said: I have an e3-1230v2 from wsi tho :/

£100 CPU, aka pure profit.

Also have a 500GB SSD.

And 1gbps dedicated.

They're not making a ton of profit off of me at my price point.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Crandolph said: And 1gbps dedicated.

You're funny.

• @MasonR said:

You're funny.

No, all ports at Nocix are dedicated. According to what they say.

@Crandolph said:

@MasonR said:

You're funny.

Yeah, 1G Dedicated to the switch.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @Crandolph said:

@MasonR said:

You're funny.

You have a dedicated server, of course the port is dedicated to you. But what's connected to your port isn't dedicated to you. Marketing.

Thanked by 1ThracianDog
  • @TheOnlyDK said:

@Crandolph said:

@MasonR said:

You're funny.

You have a dedicated server, of course the port is dedicated to you. But what's connected to your port isn't dedicated to you. Marketing.

Yolo. I could honestly care less, in my case it doesn't matter if its 100mbps or 1gbps really.

Plus routing clearly affects that as well.

I still get better speeds from Nocix than Incerno, it's equivalent to a Ramnode or Linode VPS.

• @Crandolph said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@Crandolph said:

@MasonR said:

You're funny.

Yolo. I could honestly care less, in my case it doesn't matter if its 100mbps or 1gbps really.

I still get better speeds from Nocix than Incerno, it's equivalent to a Ramnode or Linode VPS.

You do realize that nocix is pure HE right?

• @Crandolph said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@Crandolph said:

@MasonR said:

You're funny.

• @TheOnlyDK said:

@Crandolph said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@Crandolph said:

@MasonR said:

You're funny.

Yes, I can read things. You do realize that, right?

https://bgp.he.net/AS32097

Keep dreaming :-).

• @Crandolph said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@Crandolph said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@Crandolph said:

@MasonR said:

You're funny.

Good. Glad you can read. So, what's this routing thing all about then? Good speed doesn't mean good routing, and good speed for you doesn't mean good speed for everyone.

Anyways glad that you're happy with their network, let's just hope nothing changes (either your side or their side).

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Ignorance is bliss

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @TheOnlyDK said:

@Crandolph said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@Crandolph said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@Crandolph said:

@MasonR said:

You're funny.

Good. Glad you can read. So, what's this routing thing all about then? Good speed doesn't mean good routing, and good speed for you doesn't mean good speed for everyone.

Anyways glad that you're happy with their network, let's just hope nothing changes (either your side or their side).

strawman

• CrandolphCrandolph Member
    edited March 2018

@Zen said:

Crandolph said: strawman

That would imply you have a real argument or any sort of cohesive thought process :>

That would imply I said routing because the routing was better in general of Nocix.

Or perhaps I use them because I'm literally geographically located right by it and it's an extremely reasonably priced host. Therefore, the routing is better for me.

However, he assumed I said the routing was better than alternatives rather than just better for me. It's a strawman argument, he's creating the misrepresentation on what I actually said.

"So, what's this routing thing all about then? Good speed doesn't mean good routing, and good speed for you doesn't mean good speed for everyone."

• 6ixth6ixth Member

@pike said:

@6ixth said:

Fine with me, could be the exact same with Dedimax which is why I wanted to clarify.

• WSSWSS Member

Jesus. Crandolph and 6ixth in the same thread. I think we may have actually hit negative intelligence levels.

Thanked by 2lion ThracianDog
  • CrandolphCrandolph Member
    edited March 2018

@WSS said:
    Jesus. Crandolph and 6ixth in the same thread. I think we may have actually hit negative intelligence levels.

y u tryna roast me like that

• WSSWSS Member

@Crandolph said:

@WSS said:

Thanked by 1ThracianDog
  • @WSS said:

@Crandolph said:

@WSS said:

i cry long time

This discussion has been closed.