Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About NordVPN - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About NordVPN

13»

Comments

• @6ixth said:

@solaire said:

@6ixth said:
    They can only disclose information they keep.... which is nothing identifiable to a person meaning it still does what they say they do.

https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/

Scroll down to the bottom of the article :-).

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/comment/50944/#Comment_50944

I am confused by this, all it shows is OTHER VPN providers getting caught with not logging?

Read the first line of the comment I linked, that's a good recap. The rest of the thread basically sums up reasons why their court claim is crap.

• LeviLevi Member

Nordvpn is lithuania based company. As all similar companies they are built on fake reviews and other disgusting practices.

If you want quality, search for companies who dont advertise their services. Good product does not need shilling.

• @LTniger said:
    Nordvpn is lithuania based company. As all similar companies they are built on fake reviews and other disgusting practices.

If you want quality, search for companies who dont advertise their services. Good product does not need shilling.

Pretty sure they were based in Panama?

• LeviLevi Member

Ympker said: Pretty sure they were based in Panama?

Yes, they have company registered there. But all HQ is in Lithuania. This is company behind NordVPN: https://rekvizitai.vz.lt/en/company/uab_tesonet/

• @LTniger said:

Ympker said: Pretty sure they were based in Panama?

Yes, they have company registered there. But all HQ is in Lithuania. This is company behind NordVPN: https://rekvizitai.vz.lt/en/company/uab_tesonet/

They said it is one of their marketing branches that is there. But fair enough to point it out. I've read about their Lithuania location some time too. But forgot about it again. Doesn't really matter to me.

• LeviLevi Member

Its not marketing branch, its the main HQ. They are really worth to bypass geo blockade, all other - search for solution elsewhere.

• @LTniger said:
    Its not marketing branch, its the main HQ. They are really worth to bypass geo blockade, all other - search for solution elsewhere.

That's exactly what I use them for. But I will let my membership expire and stick to Ivacy/VPNunlimited lifetime as for my purpose they are sufficient. If I need something else I will look at OVPN/hidemy.name or Mullvad.

• @bsdguy
    Do you use the NordVPN Client or OpenVPN GUI? Since I have used OpenVPN GUI my speeds are so much faster. They are most likely throtteling the Windows Client users^^

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited March 2018

@Ympker said:
    @bsdguy
    Do you use the NordVPN Client or OpenVPN GUI? Since I have used OpenVPN GUI my speeds are so much faster. They are most likely throtteling the Windows Client users^^

OpenVPN, of course.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2018

@bsdguy said:

@Ympker said:
    @bsdguy

OpenVPN, of course.

Sweet^^ I acctually tested the same for 2 other VPNs I'm using and OpenVPN GUI is always way faster. Fkin throttles :P

Contacted support

Nic: Hi
    Chat started

Customer Care: Welcome to our live chat! We are here to help you and we’ll join the chat with you ASAP.
    Customer Care joined the chat

Customer Care: Hello, Nic. How may I help you?

Nic: I have a quick question if you dont mind. I have connected to NordVPN Windows 10 Client Swiss server #10 and selected protocol TCP. I ran 3 speedtests on speedtest.net and never got past 5 mbits download /15 mbits upload. Then I have uninstalled NordVPN client and used OpenVPN GUI, also swiss server #10 TCP and got 70 mbits download 20 mbits upload with same speedtest server. Any idea why OpenVPN GUI is just so incredibly faster?

Customer Care: I would recommend keeping the NordVPN application and playing with the settings a little bit, it might have been the protocol, might have been the server load etc.

Nic: I tested them at literallyerly the same time. Like one directly after the other. So server load would have been the same settings are also the same because both were TCP
    and i turned Cybersec off because openvpn also does not use cybersec and it would slow down
    so it should be fair testing. But openvpngui was so much faster.

Customer Care: It sure be a fair testing.
    However, even connecting at the same times might result in different speeds, it depends on the VPN servers I guess and how they handle each connection.

Nic: Although at speedtest.net I selected the same destination server for testing. So it was basically equal terms. So the nordvpn client itself is not designed to throttle users at some point? Was just wondering if that was the case due to cybersec etc so I thought Id ask :)

Customer Care: No, not really.

Nic: Ok :P Was just wondering because the speed difference is so high and nordvpn client also uses its own TAP driver which is way bigger thanregular openvpn :P

Customer Care: I would still recommend playing with the settings as well as changing servers, since each and every server handle your speed/connection differently.
    Ultimately, I would also suggest using the website below to determine the best and most optimal server for you for best speeds and connection in general: https://nordvpn.com/servers/#recommended

Nic: The best server does not matter if I test the very same servers with nordvpn client and openvpn client though. The results are on equal terms.

Customer Care: That would be correct.

We ended the chat at this point^^

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited March 2018

@Ympker said:

@bsdguy said:

@Ympker said:
    @bsdguy

OpenVPN, of course.

Sweet^^ I acctually tested the same for 2 other VPNs I'm using and OpenVPN GUI is always way faster. Fkin throttles :P

Contacted support

As I mentioned I'm a happy NordVPN customer - but that talk with their support a) sound like ridiculous bullshitting, and b) like they have a company policy to no matter how drive their customers into using their shitty client.

In summary NordVPN is quickly loosing my trust in them and triggering ugly (for them) questions.

P.S. As I'm really pissed by their bullshitting, I'll be clear: maybe their client is so slow because it does things with the traffic in between customer and target, maybe even things like sending the traffic on a little detour -> nsa.

@NordVPN Stop bullshitting your customers and get your fucking act together!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2018

@bsdguy said:

@Ympker said:

@bsdguy said:

@Ympker said:
    @bsdguy

OpenVPN, of course.

Contacted support

As I mentioned I'm a happy NordVPN customer - but that talk with their support a) sound like ridiculous bullshitting, and b) like they have a company policy to no matter how drive their customers into using their shitty client.

In summary NordVPN is quickly loosing my trust in them and triggering ugly (for them) questions.

P.S. As I'm really pissed by their bullshitting, I'll be clear: maybe their client is so slow because it does things with the traffic in between customer and target, maybe even things like sending the traffic on a little detour -> nsa.

@NordVPN Stop bullshitting your customers and get your fucking act together!

I hear ya mate. Have only been recommending them so far.

Whatever "No, not really." means (in response to my question whether NordVPN client throttles Users).

It's not 60 mbits download VS. 50. It's 60 mbits download VS. 5 mbits. SOMETHING IS GOING ON with their Client for sure.