Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exist any better offer for 10+ TB SSD Server then Online ST12 SSD 2016
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Exist any better offer for 10+ TB SSD Server then Online ST12 SSD 2016

niconico Member

Exist there any better deal for 10 TB SSD (after Raid 6) then the Offer of Online.net ST12 SSD 2016 in Europe?

Comments

• funkywizardfunkywizard Member, Host Rep

Probably not. That's a great deal for that much SSD storage. Others may be able to come close on matching it, but I doubt you'll see something much cheaper.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Online.net is the best place for this unless you want to pay high installation fees.

Though the real question is why do you want SSD with RAID-6...

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • niconico Member

Yes I had feel it's a great deal, I had prefered to build a own system and to colocate, but even with customer MLC SSD it would be somewhere around EUR 5'500 for Hardware only then surely EUR 200 pm for Space, Bandwidth and Power. But the biggest Issue is the availability of spare parts on site.

@exception0x876
    R6 to have a mix of maximum capacity, speed and security. I need it to store huge amount of Images (20KB - 250KB each).

• @nico said:
    @exception0x876
    R6 to have a mix of maximum capacity, speed and security. I need it to store huge amount of Images (20KB - 250KB each).

Why not go for some decent raid1 array(s) (multiple arrays for far more iops than bigger arrays would net you), as you'll most likely be serving "most used" from ram, and "less used" from disk, with no way to properly saturate a 1gbit pipe anyway?

• niconico Member
    edited March 2018

@teamacc
    I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, but a Raid6 of 24 SSD should saturate a 10gbit pipe and a Raid 6 of 12x HDD should saturate a 1gbit pipe.
    I understand your proposal of multiple arrays, this would bring more iops but on cost of disk space.
    I will take a deeper look into the best solution, as I need this setup on 3 locations. Probably a Hybrid solution with HDD for Storage and SSD together with huge Memory as cache on ZFS could be the way to go.
    The online.net Box has the advantage, that is ready to go as with that amount of SSD there will be no bottleneck.