Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared/Dedicated mailservers | Reseller plans w/ WHMCS plugin | SMTP Relays | AI spam filtering
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared/Dedicated mailservers | Reseller plans w/ WHMCS plugin | SMTP Relays | AI spam filtering

mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

Mailcheap

Mailcheap.co (Cyberlabs s.r.o. CZ & Cyberlabs Inc. USA) provides enterprise email solutions at affordable prices.

What's new?

• Reseller-Enterprise plans have custom branding, AI spam filtering, Premium Relay (SMTP) & WHMCS plugin as standard.
  • WHMCS reseller plugin now supports PHP 7 and PHP 5.6.
  • Online installer to deploy your private mailserver in minutes (dedicated resources/KVM).
  • POP fetch and IMAP migration tools.

Products

Features (basic plans)

• Unlimited Users
  • Unlimited Domains
  • Premium Relay (SMTP)
  • Web based admin panel
  • Advanced anti-spam (AI) & anti-virus protection (4-step filtration) w/ quarantine management
  • Choice of two webmails: SOGo & Afterlogic (50 MB att.)
  • WebMail, Contacts (CardDAV) & Calendar (CalDAV) w/ Exchange ActiveSync (SOGo)
  • Sieve filtering, vacation auto responder, graphical stats
  • SPF, DKIM, DMARC support
  • IMAP, SMTP, POP, EAS support
  • TLS for secure access & transmission
  • Free setup & migration tools
  • DDoS protection
  • RAID protection & offsite data replication
  • Geo-redundant dual backup MX
  • Comprehensive documentation
  • Full support (L1/L3)

Offers - Shared email servers

Basic 10G

Unlimited Domains | Unlimited Users | 10 GB Storage | Shared server | $2/mo | Order

Annual price: $24

Basic 20G

Unlimited Domains | Unlimited Users | 20 GB Storage | Shared server | $4/mo | Order

Annual price: $48

Featured product: Reseller Enterprise

See all Reseller Enterprise plans here .

Please check the resources below for more information.

Resources

Website | Features | Infrastructure | Status/Uptime | Console | Help/FAQ | Sign Up

Comments

• asvasv Member

Being US-CZ company means you will surely comply with requests from EU, Czech and USA LEOs... Want to add anything?

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@asv said:
    Being US-CZ company means you will surely comply with requests from EU, Czech and USA LEOs... Want to add anything?

Not any requests, only valid court orders. If you have sensitive information to hide from the government, use OpenPGP instead of depending on a business/provider to cover for you. Mailcheap's Private servers have webmail with client side OpenPGP support. Or you could use client side OpenPGP with a desktop/mobile client, e.g., Enigmail w/ Thunderbird.

Regards,

Pavin.

Thanked by 2Aidan Satellite
  • asvasv Member

@mailcheap, As history shows, "court orders" can be vague and broad. I don't expect fresh company to have solid legal backing and ability to fight courts for years.

GnuPG doesn't solve the problem of metadata leak.

• asvasv Member

@mailcheap, also, I was looking for 2FA support and instead found that https://demo.mymailcheap.com/user/profile/ returns raw json...

• Argh, can we ban buzzwords like "AI" just as "unlimited storage" offers are banned?

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

As history shows, "court orders" can be vague and broad. I don't expect fresh company to have solid legal backing and ability to fight courts for years.

Its hard to fight court orders when you're struggling to put food on the table :) Use OpenPGP if you ever find yourself on the wrong side of the govt. Most businesses have an obligation to protect you from criminals, not the govt.

I was looking for 2FA support and instead found that

2FA implementation in email is tricky; we can lock it down on a private server with 2FA, but it would have only the webmail with 2FA access (no IMAPS/SMTPS access from other clients). Realistically you're good with using random passwords for all accounts. 2FA adoption is low enough as it is and it mainly protects folks who reuse passwords.

Users never see the raw json data unless they go looking for it, normal URLs are prepended with a "#" symbol like "#profile" which parses that json data to display in html.

Argh, can we ban buzzwords like "AI" just as "unlimited storage" offers are banned?

Deep learning neural nets like the one we use are classified as Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI), which is a subset of AI. Abbreviating it to ANI or ML (for machine learning) is just confusing to a normal person. I used to refer to it as ML in the discord channel and was called out as running a mailing list!

Regards,

Pavin.

• asvasv Member

mailcheap said: 2FA implementation in email is tricky; we can lock it down on a private server with 2FA, but it would have only the webmail with 2FA access (no IMAPS/SMTPS access from other clients). Realistically you're good with using random passwords for all accounts. 2FA adoption is low enough as it is and it mainly protects folks who reuse passwords.

To be clear, I have meant additional authorization (2FA) for control/user/domain/whatever panels using TOTP. POP/SMTP/IMAP are obviously using the login/password pair.

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited March 2018

@asv said:

mailcheap said: 2FA implementation in email is tricky; we can lock it down on a private server with 2FA, but it would have only the webmail with 2FA access (no IMAPS/SMTPS access from other clients). Realistically you're good with using random passwords for all accounts. 2FA adoption is low enough as it is and it mainly protects folks who reuse passwords.

To be clear, I have meant additional authorization (2FA) for control/user/domain/whatever panels using TOTP. POP/SMTP/IMAP are obviously using the login/password pair.

I use @mailcheap services and until now I'm very satisfied. Don't remember a downtime and delivery as always been great! I also like to see that they are constantly adding more features.

But the lack of 2FA on the client area (WHMCS) and also on the User Control Panel are for me the only 2 bad things I see on @mailcheap service.

I'm not asking for 2FA on email.. I know that is triky and can have a lot of issues.

But please, please implement 2FA on client area + control panel! If control panel does not support 2FA, use netcup strategy and allow login to control panel to be made only using WHMCS.