Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reseller with free migrations from non-cPanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reseller with free migrations from non-cPanel

squibssquibs Member

I've got a contact with a shared hosting package loaded up with multiple websites belonging to different people. he's now coming to understand that reseller hosting would be more appropriate.

Unfortunately, the shared host isn't running on cPanel. I think it might be an adulterated Plesk. Any resellers out there (not expecting low end) that will do the migration if it's not cPanel?

Comments

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@squibs said:

We provide free migration for non cpanel and cpanel.

Thanked by 1squibs
  • WHTWHT Member

This will be really hard as plesk not uses mysql as I know.

@DewlanceVPS said:

@squibs said:

We provide free migration for non cpanel and cpanel.

How you will convert a windows sql into a linux one?

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@WHT said:
    How you will convert a windows sql into a linux one?

I can only migrate Plesk Linux.

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

You mean you want to buy a cPanel reseller account from a company that will do non-cPanel migrations for you for free?

• @intovps said:
    You mean you want to buy a cPanel reseller account from a company that will do non-cPanel migrations for you for free?

Give that man a cigar. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Not at LEB prices, as explained.

edited March 2018

Actually, I just had a cigar. :D

We sometimes do that for our resellers. But avoid it. We avoid it so much that we don't even have a public reseller offering on our website. We just pass a PDF if someone insists to get a reseller account. At least now we limit the number of cPanel accounts in reseller packages.

Historically, we just don't make money on servers with resellers having "unlimited cpanel accouts". They're not profitable, not even without manual migrations.

Maybe makes sense to get a good reseller provider and pay separately someone for the non-cPanel manual migrations?

BTW, cPanel support used to do that for free for their NOC partners, not sure if that's still the case.

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • @intovps said:
    Actually, I just had a cigar. :D

We sometimes do that for our resellers. But avoid it. We avoid it so much that we don't even have a public reseller offering on our website. We just pass a PDF if someone insists to get a reseller account. At least now we limit the number of cPanel accounts in reseller packages.

Historically, we just don't make money on servers with resellers having "unlimited cpanel accouts". They're not profitable, not even without manual migrations.

Maybe makes sense to get a good reseller provider and pay separately someone for the non-cPanel manual migrations?

BTW, cPanel support used to do that for free for their NOC partners, not sure if that's still the case.

Yeah. I've just explained to my contact that if the migration can't be automated, there's too much work in it to make it an attractive proposition for most providers.

• How many sites are we talking about here? Are they all PHP/MySQL based sites? Custom or some known CMS( Magento, wordpress, presta etc)?

We do manually migrate non-cPanel shared accounts tough (when bought as individual shared hosting services).

• @Junkless said:
    How many sites are we talking about here? Are they all PHP/MySQL based sites? Custom or some known CMS( Magento, wordpress, presta etc)?

About 15 WP sites, most with email inboxes

• @squibs said:

@Junkless said:
    How many sites are we talking about here? Are they all PHP/MySQL based sites? Custom or some known CMS( Magento, wordpress, presta etc)?

You could always use updraftplus for wp backup/migration which will save you a great deal of time.Then download all emails for Backup, recreate on the new host and restore (if possible).

• @squibs said:

@Junkless said:

I can offer migration service for websites. Not sure about emails.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @jetchirag said:

@squibs said:

@Junkless said:

I can offer migration service for websites. Not sure about emails.

That would have been my other suggestion. Hire someone to migrate the websites.

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • Thanks for the replies folks. The automated cPanel to cPanel migration tools have set my expectations high. I was hoping that a stable Plesk to cPanel solution existed. I'm well able to do the manual migrations for the contact - I just don't want to put the work in!

• serversupportzserversupportz Member, Host Rep

@squibs said:
    I've got a contact with a shared hosting package loaded up with multiple websites belonging to different people. he's now coming to understand that reseller hosting would be more appropriate.

Unfortunately, the shared host isn't running on cPanel. I think it might be an adulterated Plesk. Any resellers out there (not expecting low end) that will do the migration if it's not cPanel?

We will help you to migrate the domains
    https://serversupportz.com/website-migration/

• @serversupportz said:

@squibs said:

We will help you to migrate the domains
    https://serversupportz.com/website-migration/

Nice. Bookmarked...