Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FinalHosting.cz in Prague/Czechia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FinalHosting.cz in Prague/Czechia

There is so much negative talk about hosting companies in this forum, that I decided to make a difference.

About two years ago I ordered a server from FinalHosting.cz in Czechia and I must say that I'm very pleased with it!

Literally no downtime at all and speeds up to 1 Gbps.
Traffic is routed via UPC.
Bitcoins are accepted.

I don't want to make advertising for a certain hosting company here, but what I can say is: If you are looking for a cheap dedicated server from a reliable hosting company in Central Europe, you should give it a try.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2018

bookreader said: About two years ago I ordered a server from FinalHosting.cz

FINALHOSTING.CZ
    OUR WEBSITE IS COMING SOON

??

• AidanAidan Member

@AnthonySmith said:

bookreader said: About two years ago I ordered a server from FinalHosting.cz

FINALHOSTING.CZ
    OUR WEBSITE IS COMING SOON

??

Coming soon™ for the last 14 months.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2018

LOL, what a joke. Better go with WeDOS, at least they've got a real website: https://hosting.wedos.com/en/
    And also 100% solid in my experience, even if no 1Gbit on VPS.

• bookreaderbookreader Member
    edited March 2018

@AnthonySmith & @Aidan: Rome wasn't built in a day.

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited March 2018

@bookreader said:
    @AnthonySmith & @Aidan: Rome wasn't built in a day.

So you take over a year to revamp your website? Did you even start with a plan up-front?

• Did use them few years ago. Was great for the price, they were able to communicate well in english when contacting them. Dunno what's going on with their website; I have to say I really loved the look of their old website...

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2018

rm_ said: LOL, what a joke. Better go with WeDOS, at least they've got a real website: https://hosting.wedos.com/en/

And also 100% solid in my experience, even if no 1Gbit on VPS.

Rant warning:

WEDOS' shared hosting platform sucks. MySQL servers are slow, websites and FTP don't work properly over IPv6 since their network upgrade (40+ seconds TTFB, everything is fine over IPv4). Outages are quite frequent, sometimes it's their mail servers, sometimes it's their network. There were some "network is down" incidents in the past month.

I helped one of my clients migrate off their hosting a week ago and it was a nightmare, as FTP refused to work properly - only after opening a support ticket and them escalating it to their engineers did I learn that their IPv6 is messed up and I had to use IPv4 otherwise the FTP wouldn't work.

They disabled rating and comments on their Facebook page to prevent people from easily sharing their experience.

I don't know much about their VPS plans, it's been 4 years since I had one.

Regarding FinalHosting / FinalTek / Slunecny.net, not much is known about them. I can not find any recent (<4 years) reviews. They're primarily a WISP and software developers. Looking at their packages, it looks like they offer desktop and old server hardware. You can have a server with:

• UltraSPARC T1
    • 16 GB DDR2
    • 2x 146 GB SAS 10k

for just $75 a month. Fantastic deal.

They also have some Ryzen 5, Ryzen 7 and i5-7600T servers with NVMe for pretty competitive prices. They don't list any details though. Things like

• In what datacenter are the servers located
    • How much bandwidth is available
    • SLAs

They don't have their own ASN nor IP ranges, they get connectivity from AS6830 (UPC / Liberty Global Operations).

TL;DR Getting a server from Hetzner or SoYouStart is probably a better idea.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2018

FHR said: WEDOS' shared hosting platform sucks

Sorry if I have to clarify, of course I wasn't talking about ...shared hosting, of all things. (Re-checks if it's still 2018).

Thanked by 1steny