Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clear Bandwidth
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Clear Bandwidth

Is there any way to clear bandwidth limit manually before it automatically clears? I have gone over the limit but I do not want to purchase additional bandwidth as this was some sort of exception that pushed me over. Normally I don't even come close to the limit. Usage will automatically clear in October but I do not want to wait that long.

Comments

• Which provider are you with? Is this a VPS? Just ask to purchase overage for the month. Should be easy to do. SolusVM has functions to help with it even.

We offer it all the time to clients.

• No he is asking if he can lie to his provider and delete that he used that much bandwidth.

Mun

• @Mun said:
    No he is asking if he can lie to his provider and delete that he used that much bandwidth.

Mun

I don't want to lie. I already spoke with provider. They said wait until it clears in october or purchase extra. My allotted bandwidth is fine which is why I do not want to purchase more

• Yes it is a VPS

• @vlinares said:
    I don't want to lie. I already spoke with provider. They said wait until it clears in october or purchase extra. My allotted bandwidth is fine which is why I do not want to purchase more

It cannot be fine if you have ran out, purchasing more is normally a one off payment for a bit extra, doesn't have to be a monthly purchase.

• Thanks, they were saying it had to be monthly >.< tricky, tricky host! I'll go ahead with the one time purchase.

• @vlinares said:
    Thanks, they were saying it had to be monthly >.< tricky, tricky host! I'll go ahead with the one time purchase.

Who are you hosting with?

• 1&1, but in the process of switching

• No other way buddy, one time purchase will be good option if you can't wait for 4 days.
    May I ask, How much bandwidth they were offering?