Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflfare domain + stream = CDN?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflfare domain + stream = CDN?

Hey hey, i linked my Streaming dedicated server to my domain, then i've put Cloudflare on my domain, the question is, is my Stream now under Cloudflare CDN? If i try to ping my domain it resolve Cloudflare IP and everything.

Before CF my stream will just resolve to my server's ip, now under CF it actually resolve to CF IP's.

Thanks

Comments

• mkshmksh Member

So how many hours do expect Cloudflare to cache your stream and send ooutdated data to your clients?

• @mksh said:
    So how many hours do expect Cloudflare to cache your stream and send ooutdated data to your clients?

Browser Cache Expiration in CF is set to 30 minutes. Is that enough?

• mkshmksh Member

@thammy321 said:

@mksh said:

Browser Cache Expiration in CF is set to 30 minutes. Is that enough?

Sure if you want clients to watch the same outdated data again 30 minutes later thats a good idea.

Thanked by 1thammy321
  • what the cuck is a "streaming dedicated server"?

• Here is an idea. Why don't you delete your stream and try playing it. You will get your answer. If it's cached in cloudflare, it will play just fine. But I doubt it.

Thanked by 1Dormeo
  • mkshmksh Member

@yokowasis said:
    Here is an idea. Why don't you delete your stream and try playing it. You will get your answer. If it's cached in cloudflare, it will play just fine. But I doubt it.

It's hopeless. OP is as thick as a rock.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Cloudflare free does not stream videos .They are not caching videos ,just streaming from your website through their servers .

They have paid streaming service but cost xxxx

• $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• @thammy321 said:
    Hey hey, i linked my Streaming dedicated server to my domain, then i've put Cloudflare on my domain, the question is, is my Stream now under Cloudflare CDN? If i try to ping my domain it resolve Cloudflare IP and everything.

Before CF my stream will just resolve to my server's ip, now under CF it actually resolve to CF IP's.

Thanks

this isn't how cloud flare works.

they are just masking your ip and forwarding all traffic to your server

if you want to cache your stream you better move to another CDN

• cloudflare has limit, if you use much bandwidth
    her sale call you upgrade to ent version (Min $2000/month)

• GodsGods Member

This isn't how you run a CDN company

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Up to 2PB worked fine on cloudflare free, after that the account got suspended.

No idea if things changed today.

• GodsGods Member

@Neoon said:

How in the world did you use 2 petabyte of bandwidth?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Gods said:

@Neoon said:

and it was free!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Gods said:

@Neoon said:

Well a few servers spare and you can reach easy 2PB.