Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gee, this is strange !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gee, this is strange !

MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
edited September 2013 in General

Somebody opened a ticket about a refund and told us about it:
vpscorner.co.uk

Does anyone know what is going on ?

Comments

• I'd add a virtual host for www.vpscorner.co.uk and redirect it elsewhere.

• i'd say his cloudflare got hacked or something?

• @rds100 said:
    I'd add a virtual host for www.vpscorner.co.uk and redirect it elsewhere.

xtube

• More likely a summer host did a runner and decided to point his website somewhere else.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2013

Sorry, was away yesterday and didnt have time to check every thread. I think someone there knew we are giving away free VPSes in US :P

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Maounique said:
    I think someone there knew we are giving away free VPSes in US :P

What?

• Well, adding default host that displays something "This is not a real Web site" would be helpful in such a case.

@Nyr said:
    What?

For our existing customers we have some coupons with the Dallas offer that give a free month on the monthly plan, effectively giving one test month with no obligations.
    Since we cant have anonymous service, that is only valid for existing customers in good standing.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Maounique said:
    For our existing customers we have some coupons with the Dallas offer that give a free month on the monthly plan, effectively giving one test month with no obligations.

Since we cant have anonymous service, that is only valid for existing customers in good standing.

Oh, didn't knew.

One of the things I love about Prometeus in addition to the truly professional services is how you don't forget about existing customers, even if it is in exchange for testing/promoting experimental services.

edited September 2013

Well, we choose to give promos to existing customers that are loyal and trouble free than give to unknown people that will probably abuse it and otherwise treat it like a throwaway booter/spam box.
    The cost of abuse from new customers is high, so we convert that to incentives for old ones thinking that is best to keep an old tested friend rather than lose time searching new ones you know nothing about. This is the view of a family business while a corporation would do anything to enlarge market share.

@Master_Bo said:
    Well, adding default host that displays something "This is not a real Web site" would be helpful in such a case.

I am not sure this is so bad. If we are not swamped with tickets about that, it should be OK. Maybe OVH will redirect their site to us, I wouldnt want to miss that :P