Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Website Hosting for Forums
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Website Hosting for Forums

danielntechdanielntech Member
edited March 2018 in General

Dear LowEndTalk members,
My name is Daniel, I'm looking for web hosting to my upcoming forums, looking for servers in US, should be cheap and quality, needing unlimited resources and 1 domain should do it.

SSD storage and unlimited databases, should definetly be reliable and well-known.

Thanks, Daniel!

**EDIT:
I could afford not unlimited resources, but looking for at least 1tb of traffic and 100gb of storage. Uplink should be high as well.

Comments

• Don't go for an unlimited resources host.

Majority of good ones all set limits for a reason.

• @Crandolph said:
    Don't go for an unlimited resources host.

Majority of good ones all set limits for a reason.

You're right, edited.

• CrandolphCrandolph Member
    edited March 2018

If you want 100gb SSD you may be better off getting a vps from ssdnodes.com (80gb for $11 prepaid) then installing centminmod or vestacp. Just an example of a host there's alternatives of course.

Or alternatively try ramnode reseller hosting $8 100gb ssd.

• Check out Buyshared.com's reseller line. Get that 125GB reseller if you want 100GB+ of SSD space on shared hosting.

• jetchiragjetchirag Member
    edited March 2018

Get a vps from somewhere like Liteserver or scaleway (not us) and setup centminmod. If you want to go little high, buy hetzner's cloud vps with storage box.

Missed location

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

danielntech said: web hosting to my upcoming forums,

danielntech said: 1tb of traffic and 100gb of storage

That's a lot of power for a forum which isn't even started yet.

I wouldn't host a forum on shared hosting unless the traffic was tiny. There's usually a lot of hairy SQL contention if you have many active users and that is not shared-hosting friendly.

But if you're just starting out with a forum that has no users yet, then @imthatguyhere has a good suggestion.

• OpenVZ VPS and upgrade accordingly as you grow would be the best way to start out.

If you run a high traffic forum on a shared hosting service, it'll cause load and you'll be limited by a CloudLinux or similar resource limiting OS or plain out suspended for causing high load. Go with the VPS.

• @doughmanes said:
    OpenVZ VPS and upgrade accordingly as you grow would be the best way to start out.

If you run a high traffic forum on a shared hosting service, it'll cause load and you'll be limited by a CloudLinux or similar resource limiting OS or plain out suspended for causing high load. Go with the VPS.

Replace OpenVZ with KVM. Leave that dinosaur in the past.

• Crandolph said: Replace OpenVZ with KVM. Leave that dinosaur in the past.

The OP is also looking for shared hosting. Go REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE elsewhere

• As you are hosting forum, therefore I don't think you required any control panel like cPanel, therefore its always better to purchase KVM or VMware based plain VPS without control panel, it will cost you between $10 to $15 per month only.