Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

15€/year VPS for minecraft server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

15€/year VPS for minecraft server

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited March 2018 in Requests

Looking to run a small mc server for friends. Looking for the best I can get for 15€/year. I know tight budget but it's for few friends only and as long as it runs fair and I get some nice ressources it should be ok.

RAM: 1GB+

Comments

• I hope Minecraft runs on OpenVZ, because finding a KVM for this price will be difficult.

Thanked by 1hammer
  • mkshmksh Member

Unrealistic imo, sorry.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2018

We can offer the following plan:

512Mb Memory

50GB HDD

2TB Bandwidth

2 CPU cores

2.66GHz+ CPU Speed

1 IPv4 Address

1 IPv6 Subnet (/112)

Auto Anti-DDoS Protection

Xen HVM Virtualization

£25/year

• FalzoFalzo Member

arubacloud.com ;-)

• limitedlimited Member
    edited March 2018

Looks like AlphaVPS 1GB 12€/year blackfriday deal is still somehow running. I doubt you'll find a better deal
    https://alphavps.bg/clients/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • like @Falzo said Aruba Cloud, Hetzner Cloud, Scaleway.

• @mtsbatalha said:
    like @Falzo said Aruba Cloud, Hetzner Cloud, Scaleway.

Scaleway for 15€/y? Didn't know they were that cheap :P

• spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2018

My apologies, made a mistake with the price calculation.

• RamiRami Member

+1 for arubacloud.com

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2018

Guess it's gonna be aruba then :P
    Friend found some "lifetime" mcserver deal with German Zap Hosting @Falzo but dunno if it's worth it tbh (100€ one time). They have been in Business for a long time already and 23k fb fans so not gonna die soon. It's just that I could probably prepay a decent better performing vps for about 5 years with that budget (20€/y).

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

"Zap Hosting" "lifetime"

"(2) If a Buyserver is neither used, started nor selected in the webinterface by the customer for 6 months, Zap-Hosting holds the right to terminate the contract without notice and delete all product related data."

20 Slots 12,14EUR per month vs 20 Slots 100EUR one time

They are sane enough, to knew that at least 50% of the servers go out before the 6 month, so its PROFIT TIME BOOOYS.

Thanked by 2jetchirag Ympker
  • IshaqIshaq Member

@Ympker said: 23k fb fans so not gonna die soon.

Ah yes, FB fans. That's the perfect way to determine a company's lifespan ;)

• @Ishaq said:

@Ympker said: 23k fb fans so not gonna die soon.

Ah yes, FB fans. That's the perfect way to determine a company's lifespan ;)

True that but ZAP has been around in the german market for a while (althoug never having the best rep).

@Neoon said:
    "Zap Hosting" "lifetime"

"(2) If a Buyserver is neither used, started nor selected in the webinterface by the customer for 6 months, Zap-Hosting holds the right to terminate the contract without notice and delete all product related data."

20 Slots 12,14EUR per month vs 20 Slots 100EUR one time

They are sane enough, to knew that at least 50% of the servers go out before the 6 month, so its PROFIT TIME BOOOYS.

Lol :P Nice one^^ I was like "well atleast if it's a server dedicated to hosting mc they won't suspend for unfair usage or whatever like they could with a lifetime vps" . But anyway I guess one can just leave the server running 24/7 where's the problem if it's a one time fee anyway? Then it is being used.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited March 2018

@Ympker said:
    Friend found some "lifetime" mcserver deal with German Zap Hosting @Falzo but dunno if it's worth it tbh (100€ one time).

Forget about zap hosting, I worked for/with them. Bunch of kids.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @pike said:

@Ympker said:
    Friend found some "lifetime" mcserver deal with German Zap Hosting @Falzo but dunno if it's worth it tbh (100€ one time).

Forget about zap hosting, I worked for/with them. Bunch of kids.

Trustpilot and fb comments don't look good either :P

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2018

15/year for 1GB? even for game servers, nooo. lots of game hosts don't oversell like some might think, even with swap, I avoid it to not worry about the memory crashes.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @MikeA said:
    15/year for 1GB? even for game servers, nooo. lots of game hosts don't oversell like some might think, even with swap, I avoid it to not worry about the memory crashes.

512mb RAM are more than enough for many gameservers tbh. I hosted our Counter Strike Global Offensive gameserver on 512mb for a while without issues. And Teeworlds Server on a 512mb as well :P For just friends 5-10 Players you can host many gameservers with 512mb, even more with 1GB Ram :)

• pikepike Veteran
    edited March 2018

Teeworlds and csgo can't be compared to minecraft. Java VMs need some memory.

Thanked by 2mksh Ympker
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Ympker said:

@MikeA said:

512mb RAM are more than enough for many gameservers tbh. I hosted our Counter Strike Global Offensive gameserver on 512mb for a while without issues. And Teeworlds Server on a 512mb as well :P For just friends 5-10 Players you can host many gameservers with 512mb, even more with 1GB Ram :)

You said 1GB+ in your thread though :P

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

@Ympker said:

@MikeA said:

Would be OpenVZ and Voxility instead of Combahton Interesting for you?

(1,5GB RAM)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Ympker said:
    Friend found some "lifetime" mcserver deal with German Zap Hosting @Falzo but dunno if it's worth it tbh (100€ one time). They have been in Business for a long time already and 23k fb fans so not gonna die soon. It's just that I could probably prepay a decent better performing vps for about 5 years with that budget (20€/y).

Word around town is electricity and bandwidth always cost money. Parts and stuff too.

Word around town is that lifetime business models have about a 100% of failing in the near future.

• mkshmksh Member

@Ympker said:

@MikeA said:

Minecraft is not your average gameserver. It's one of the most resource hungry pieces of shit you will ever witness. It's been designed by a guy with a extremly successful idea but little technical talent and even like 10 years and millions of dolars in profit later it hasn't recovered from that. Seriously a lot of it's faults are covered by basic game programming FAQs designed for complete newbies but they never got fixed.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • @Ympker

If you only need 512mb, @MikeA has something that is within (~€14.67/year) your budget.

https://extravm.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=55

Thanked by 36ixth MikeA Ympker
  • If you could make do with a NAT VPS, @cam can help you at $16USD/yr!

Otherwise if you could give up a few extra dimes over your budget, Virmach has a $19/yr plan with 1GB which has a location in Amsterdam. There's also stuff in the offers section if that doesn't fit you.

Thanked by 1Cam
  • CamCam Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2018

@Edmond said:
    If you could make do with a NAT VPS, @cam can help you at $16USD/yr!

Otherwise if you could give up a few extra dimes over your budget, Virmach has a $19/yr plan with 1GB which has a location in Amsterdam. There's also stuff in the offers section if that doesn't fit you.

Due to CPU constraints I would only be able to do this in Bulgaria. (I normally don't allow game servers)

Edit: I can do Philly too.

• @mksh said:

@Ympker said:

@MikeA said:

Minecraft is not your average gameserver. It's one of the most resource hungry pieces of shit you will ever witness. It's been designed by a guy with a extremly successful idea but little technical talent and even like 10 years and millions of dolars in profit later it hasn't recovered from that. Seriously a lot of it's faults are covered by basic game programming FAQs designed for complete newbies but they never got fixed.

It's bad, but not that bad. I've run MC servers off of 512MB of ram before (and I still am actually). People edit thousands of blocks at a time on my servers without any difficulties (well, to be fair, you do need to install a Bukkit plugin like FAWE to prevent WorldEdit from crashing on edits of that scale).

• @Cam said:

@Edmond said:
    If you could make do with a NAT VPS, @cam can help you at $16USD/yr!

Due to CPU constraints I would only be able to do this in Bulgaria. (I normally don't allow game servers)

Edit: I can do Philly too.

Oh, wasn't aware that you don't allow cpu intensive applications on the server, just said to not always use the full core all the time. Hmm... can't think of anymore providers that I like, Cam's the one that came to mind first.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • kendidkendid Veteran

I ran a server on 512MB, ran great for about 5 players. Upgraded to 1024 with very little difference. Then got a SSD vps and it made a huge differebce... Maps load WAY faster. Get an SSD if u can...

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @kendid said:
    I ran a server on 512MB, ran great for about 5 players. Upgraded to 1024 with very little difference. Then got a SSD vps and it made a huge differebce... Maps load WAY faster. Get an SSD if u can...

Well, what did you expect from a spinning disk (which can only read/write a few hundred operations/sec at best compared to a SSD that can push at least 100x more IOPS)?

NVMe drives can push even more, but pffft... having SATA SSDs are good enough on my VPSes :)

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Minecraft is single-threaded, you need a single powerful core, else it will run pretty poorly. Don't even think about Scaleway, those Intel Atoms have terrible single-thread performance.

I would recommend a shared hosting instead, BisectHosting has a 512MB package for ~17.5€/year. They also had a 50% off recurring promotion, but it expired two weeks ago.

Thanked by 1Ympker