Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone need storage between 1-6TB?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does anyone need storage between 1-6TB?

fusefsfusefs Member
edited February 2018 in Requests

So I need some storage, I’ve looked around and seeing as I can get an 8TB server for about $50 in Germany, I thought that makes the most sense. But then.. I only need 2TB! So if anyone else needs a storage server, maybe we could get together and share one? Just could wipe the drive, have separate (encrypted) partitions with SSH/SFTP/NFS/whatever access. What do you guys think?

Poll not found

Comments

• You would still own the server so of you didn't pay the bill etc everyone would lose their data.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Why not just grab one of the $10-20 Kimsufi's in France that are 2TB? Not much cheaper compared to the storage on Hetzner but if you won't be using it why not.

Thanked by 1Aidan
    • Wait for cociu's storage offer to get restocked. Gets you better price/TB.

• @pike: who is cociu? and @mikeA: good idea actually, I’ll check what they have on offer!

• Storage for what? If stuff is so unimportant i might consider storing it with some random guy chances are deleting it makes more sense.

• why even get an 8tb one? find a cheaper server.

• You are going to be better off finding something that you can afford that meets your requirements without the headaches of sharing with others.

In a perfect world you could purchase a dedi with lots of storage/cpu/etc. and then split the cost with others and all would benefit. In reality, you will find that people are just assholes for no reason and do stupid shit to get your account banned. Or even worse, they do something illegal and with the service in your name, you are left holding the proverbial bag.

• Using hostens's 1tb for storage and cociu 400GB for torrenting. Difficult to knock down them in price and they are raided.

• 2TB? 10€ in AMS, KVM, 5TB traffic, decent performance https://www.ultravps.eu/en/?pdid=OB595E46555DO6331C64 (aff) - recommended! ;-)