Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS's billed hourly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS's billed hourly

I'm looking for a decent VPS provider with hourly billing, as i need the ability to easily deploy and destory VPS's at will. Ability to have custom resource sizes would be ideal.

I have looked at places like digitalocean but the negative reviews about support and downtime concern me, i understand support will be limited as its unmanaged, but if a server is fully down due to no fault of the actual VPS itself (Ie a node going down) i would like responsive support on getting it resolved

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Jargen said: I have looked at places like digitalocean but the negative reviews about support and downtime concern me,

Been there for a couple years and have had zero issues.

Ditto for Vultr or Linode, which are also hourly alternatives.

• @raindog308 said:

Jargen said: I have looked at places like digitalocean but the negative reviews about support and downtime concern me,

Linode and Vultr been reliable too? I intend to re-sell, so downtime (Well, downtime with no support to talk to) isn't ideal

• Scaleway, Hetzner Cloud.

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

@Jargen said:

@raindog308 said:

Linode and Vultr been reliable too? I intend to re-sell, so downtime (Well, downtime with no support to talk to) isn't ideal

I can recommend Linode, using them for years without a problem now.

• CrandolphCrandolph Member
    edited February 2018

@v3ng said:

@Jargen said:

@raindog308 said:

I can recommend Linode, using them for years without a problem now.

Same here.

• I’ve been using Vultr for a while, they are super nice. But if you’re located in Europe you may want to check out Hetzner Cloud - 2GB RAM for 3€ (yes, it sais 2,50€ on the homepage but that’s BEFORE VAT), better deal than Vultr for sure, but they are new players in this hourly game :p

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • digitalocean, vultr, linode, hetzner cloud, lunanode, vmhaus.

personally im using vultr and lunanode.

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • There are no 100% reliable services of any sort. There are crappy ones, ok ones, and pretty good ones. Digital Ocean is pretty good. That's the best you can hope for from a single server. If you want to go further you need a high availability system with failover servers. That's doable but probably more complicated than what you asked for.

• Vultr...

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Our Public Cloud might meet your needs.

Based on Xen/Cloudstack, you can deploy VMs, resize, make templates... in five countries and it is hourly billed.

API is available which can be conveniant to resell VMs.

Support team is available 24/7 by mail, service level can be subscribed if you need special monitoring/actions.

You can PM me if you have any questions.

You can also visit the page https://www.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud

• You can also visit the page https://www.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud

All servers on that page have 50GB of SSD, pretty good for the smaller instances but unimpressive for the bigger ones. I clicked around a little trying to find if it was possible to get more SSD and how much it cost, but the info didn't quickly turn up. Either it's absent or the web site design is confusing. Oh well.

willie said: Either it's absent or the web

Hello,

It is in the tab "ressources on demand".

• Dumb question but when you rent a VPS by the hour, does any data you store go away if you "turn it off" (or however it works) and don't use it?

• @sidewinder said:
    Dumb question but when you rent a VPS by the hour, does any data you store go away if you "turn it off" (or however it works) and don't use it?

No, but you’ll still be billed until you decide to DELETE the VPS. Many providers offer snapshots though

• Seems No-one here has ever seen pcextreme.com before. Also hourly billing based in the Netherlands. They have dc’s in Amsterdam, Miami, i thought florida, Madrid and Singapore. From 3€/mo you have an Aurora compute there

Hello,

It depends how the provider works, you should check in the offer's details you're interested in.

Anyway that not the case for our Cloud service, when you turn the VM off the Vdisk is kept until you decide to destroy the VM.