Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

problem in Chinese server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

problem in Chinese server

Hello,
we tried to install web server on one of the Chinese Ubuntu server but we have error like this:
Hello dear user:

website is intercepted by the room information security management system, there may be the following reasons:
1. Your website is not filed, or the original case number is canceled.
2. The site has information security issues.
3. Domain name in the access blacklist.
4. Other causes of human interception of your domain name.

what can we do?

Comments

• avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider

You need to apply for ICP license to host a website in China.

• Foreign companies are unable to acquire an ICP licence on their own, often partner with Chinese Internet companies to use the licences of the Chinese company

• This is such a fun process, even using a partner in China it can still be painful.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Is there a reason why you specifically want to host it inside China? Is it possible for you to host it outside of China?

• @CConner said:
    Is there a reason why you specifically want to host it inside China? Is it possible for you to host it outside of China?

actually we gonna to try providing our service to chinese, but the problem is, our licence servers hosted in the france and the connection is too low speed for chinese servers.

• Difficult to obtain ICP license. I help my uncle host a small company's website and my plan is host it in LA.
    Hong Kong should be a better location if your budget enough.

• Fastest way is to purchase a domain name that already has an ICP license.

• @dedipromo said:
    Fastest way is to purchase a domain name that already has an ICP license.

What do you imagine happens when they find out the applicant no longer owns the domain and it hasn’t be re-registered properly?

• Nekki said:

dedipromo said:

when they find out the applicant no longer owns the domain and it hasn’t be re-registered properly

They wouldn't unless the previous ICP license holder submits a cancellation request, which is also so painful a process that almost no one would like to go through even if they dropped their domains.

• China needs to reconsider their abbreviations

Thanked by 1dedotatedwam
  • @dedipromo said:

Nekki said:

dedipromo said:

when they find out the applicant no longer owns the domain and it hasn’t be re-registered properly

They wouldn't unless the previous ICP license holder submits a cancellation request, which is also so painful a process that almost no one would like to go through even if they dropped their domains.

Or they change the rules slightly, like they did last year.

• @doughmanes said:
    China needs to reconsider their abbreviations

I really hope you need a permit for that kind of stuff.

Thanked by 2doughmanes bugrakoc
  • JackieSungJackieSung Member
    edited February 2018

All websites hosted in Mainland China, including CDN-hosted websites, are required by law to obtain ICP registration. I know it could be a long process but if your customers are Chinese. ICP registration is a must for the better customer experience and improving your website speed.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Just host in HK. Fast to China, and no need to bother with an ICP.

• @randvegeta said:
    Just host in HK. Fast to China, and no need to bother with an ICP.

Not reliable enough. The GFW can still fuck you up the arse at a moment’s notice.

Nekki said: Not reliable enough. The GFW can still fuck you up the arse at a moment’s notice.

That's true even if you host IN China. There is no escaping the GFW. It's not really the case of being IN or OUT. Everything is subject to Chinese filtering.

• @randvegeta said:

Nekki said: Not reliable enough. The GFW can still fuck you up the arse at a moment’s notice.

That's true even if you host IN China. There is no escaping the GFW. It's not really the case of being IN or OUT. Everything is subject to Chinese filtering.

Not in you use the right providers in the region and have an ICP license.

Nekki said: Not in you use the right providers in the region and have an ICP license.

Many hoops to jump through.

• @randvegeta said:

Nekki said: Not in you use the right providers in the region and have an ICP license.

Many hoops to jump through.

Absolutely, it was real pain in the arse getting them after the most recent changes, however when you see the change in performance it’s worth the effort/expense.

• @randvegeta said:

There is no escaping the GFW. It's not really the case of being IN or OUT. Everything is subject to Chinese filtering.

GFW only filters between mainland and the globe. If your server locates inside China, only foreign traffic will be affected.

Though there are more provider-based firewalls inside China -- but that's not the GFW.

Thanked by 1pluush
  • @autovmnet -

You must obtain a license to expose a website to the public. Also you often need to register with local police office, which is another thing than the ICP. I tried my best to avoid those processes, so not much useful information on that.

Hosting in HK or JP is a good alternative, providing that you have nothing illegal or political on your website. The authority is OK with that practice, at least for now.

msg7086 said: Though there are more provider-based firewalls inside China -- but that's not the GFW.

Yes that is true. It is not technically the GFW, but local provider firewalls. But still. They are not without problems.

• You can move it to HongKong if you don't want to face the China specialized policy. That policy sucks.

• @Mr_indescribable said:
    You can move it to HongKong if you don't want to face the China specialized policy. That policy sucks.

Can you say me somewhere to buy the VPS?

You can consider us (www.hosthongkong.net).

• 2 solutions
    1st: you can buy agency service which can help you get ICP license, price is 30$, you can search keyword "代备案" in google or baidu, then you can get agency website. then I think that maybe you need 1 translate application ^_^
    2nd: buy vps which is in Hongkong or Japan or Korea, its faster

• Host your website in Hong Kong. Please note that you should use VPS that has direct connection towards China Mainland. I recommend a company called CommuniLink. Their server is great with good pricing.

• @baiyun888 said:
    2 solutions
    1st: you can buy agency service which can help you get ICP license, price is 30$, you can search keyword "代备案" in google or baidu, then you can get agency website. then I think that maybe you need 1 translate application ^_^

is it confirmed that vps in Japan/Korea also fast for china mainland?

@testcaoy7 said:
    Host your website in Hong Kong. Please note that you should use VPS that has direct connection towards China Mainland. I recommend a company called CommuniLink. Their server is great with good pricing.

does CommuniLink have direct conn to china mainland? i cannot find the info in their site

• many chinese webmaster use korea/japanese VPS if they dont want apply ICP lisence, include me. if you want, you can buy japanese VPS in linode.com or conoha.jp, if you want your website access faster, you can add CDN
    CommuniLink look like in HK, I dont think its a best choice. in China, most popular IDC is www.aliyun.com and cloud.tencent.com, but if you want buy VPS from them
    Of course, there are many other IDC, if you need, I can recommend them for you.I am not very willing to use the Chinese VPS, the purchase and use are too troublesome.

Thanked by 1serverfood
  • @serverfood said:

@baiyun888 said:
    2 solutions

is it confirmed that vps in Japan/Korea also fast for china mainland?

@testcaoy7 said:
    Host your website in Hong Kong. Please note that you should use VPS that has direct connection towards China Mainland. I recommend a company called CommuniLink. Their server is great with good pricing.

does CommuniLink have direct conn to china mainland? i cannot find the info in their site

They do. The fact is they even has CN2 (which is a premium route) incoming. Which means the request to your site will use a faster route.

Thanked by 1serverfood