Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NordicVPS going down (backup data) - announcement made
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NordicVPS going down (backup data) - announcement made

AsimAsim Member
edited February 2012 in Providers

I have no VPS with NordicVPS.com but I was somehow subscribed to their RSS announcements via Google Reader and this is what I just found

Please backup all important data!
All operations are being terminated and all node servers will go offline soon.

http://nordicvps.com/portal/announcements.php?id=10

Comments

• Also, this announcement is marked Feb 01, 2012 where as it was not there yesterday (I check Google Reader 100 times a day)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Strange. They are still selling VPSs...

• @KuJoe said: Strange. They are still selling VPSs...

Even though the WHMCS announcement says it was posted on Feb 01, I highly doubt it. This decision might have came somewhere in the last 12 hours or so, isn't it @NordicVPS?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@KuJoe said: Strange. They are still selling VPSs...

They did the same thing when they cancelled all of their $15/y people :P

Francisco

• @Francisco said: They did the same thing when they cancelled all of their $15/y people :P

And everyone was crying why Francisco goes up their a$$ on LEB telling people that this host will fail :D

• @liam ah, we have a dead-pool pundit among us :D

• We called this one as soon as they came back to LET :)

• @VMPort said: We called this one as soon as they came back to LET :)

I know, @Francisco was also warning everyone but no-one listened to him.

• @Asim said: I know, @Francisco was also warning everyone but no-one listened to him.

But he hats everyone equally, some are bound to come true eventually :)

Honestly though, it didn't take rocket science to call Nordic, but they are semi-resilient, I've seen them deadpool 3 times over the past year only to return when you least expect it.

• They will be back, don't lose the next episode i won't lose it either.

• After failing so many times you think they would call it quits if they weren't trying to scam people?

• It is difficult for some folks to swallow their pride and work a wage job when their lack of work experience means they'll be looking at Fast Food employment.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@liam said: @aldryic @francisco why did sean never get his own ip space?

To do a last push I guess? He probably assumed if he fixed his financial problems over IP space he'd be able to challenge the $15/y market with his sanjosevps brand.

As far as I can tell, though, he had minimal bites on the brand as his name/brands were tarnished pretty bad from his LEB threads.

Don't think he's going to ditch out of the hosting market, though. At the very least he's on contract with egihosting for another 8 months or so. He moved into San Jose in August/Sept, and egi doesn't do anything shorter than a 1 year in San Jose. Unless Sean releases his hardware to Egi as payment towards what's due, he'll be back very very soon.

Francisco