Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for VPN - US DMCA compliant providers requested
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for VPN - US DMCA compliant providers requested

Hi!

I'm running a subscription based VPN.

Looking for US based providers that are OK with our reactive response to DMCA complaints that might arise from our OpenVPN servers (blocking ports, reset user account forwarding, etc).

Please PM me or post your offers here.

Comments

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Why not combine all these threads asking for DMCA-free/ Netflix "bypassing" providers?
    Anyway, I know @Francisco is DMCA-ignorant in Luxembourg, I have no clue about how he deals with DMCA-complaints in his US locations. If he does, I vouch for him :)

• Why not combine all these threads asking for DMCA-free/ Netflix "bypassing" providers?

Looks like he's willing to deal with the DMCA reports, he's just looking for a host that's willing to forward xxx-reports a day without terminating him.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Most people will get tired of constant DMCAs unless they have an automated system. You're better off leasing a /24 and finding a host that will announce it.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

@Aidan said:

Why not combine all these threads asking for DMCA-free/ Netflix "bypassing" providers?

Looks like he's willing to deal with the DMCA reports, he's just looking for a host that's willing to forward xxx-reports a day without terminating him.

You are right... I seem to be blind hehe.

• @VPSforVPN said:
    Hi!

I'm running a subscription based VPN.

Looking for US based providers that are OK with our reactive response to DMCA complaints that might arise from our OpenVPN servers (blocking ports, reset user account forwarding, etc).

Please PM me or post your offers here.

Most VPN providers with brains in the U.S either block p2p or redirect it through some DMCA friendly host

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

If I know a user is doing a VPN or things like that, I generally chuck 'em.

Francisco

• @AlexJones said:

Most VPN providers with brains in the U.S either block p2p or redirect it through some DMCA friendly host

>

I'm currently using LeaseWeb in Manassas.

Just looking for more options.

Do you have any suggestion on US providers?

Doesn't need to be "DMCA-friendly", I just need a host I can cooperate with.

• Softlayer

• VPSforVPN said: Doesn't need to be "DMCA-friendly", I just need a host I can cooperate with.

You could do BudgetVM. You can just tell them that you run a VPN and you don't know what user is logged in at a given time and can't relate a report back to a user, so there's nothing you can do.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @VPSforVPN said:

@AlexJones said:

>

I'm currently using LeaseWeb in Manassas.

Just looking for more options.

Do you have any suggestion on US providers?

Doesn't need to be "DMCA-friendly", I just need a host I can cooperate with.

Colocrossing but it isn't cheap

• Francisco said: If I know a user is doing a VPN or things like that, I generally chuck 'em.

Surely you don't mean that in a general sense since a personal VPN is a very common use of a VPS these days.

• Everybody knows what he meant. The excuses will range from family/friend/classmate/this guy did whatever on the VPN and sorry, can you unsuspend service.

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith lazyt
  • doughmanes said: Everybody knows what he meant. The excuses will range from family/friend/classmate/this guy did whatever on the VPN and sorry, can you unsuspend service.

Fair enough. I just never think of that kind of stuff, since I wouldn't normally share anything like that. And also don't hang with people doing that kind of shit.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

2 questions.

1. How many reports do you expect per month?

2. What is the avg pps over your peak hours?