Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS on Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS on Dedicated Server

rafaykhanrafaykhan Member
edited February 2018 in Help

i know there are alots of thread with the same question but trust me i am really confuse right now
as i made some other threads so peoples help me out in it but as i said i have money to invest

I am now thinking to host VPS in dedicated Servers which will be available in Europe location
so these are the specs with Anti Pro Game ddos protection

CPU : 4790k 4/8t

RAM : 32GB

Storage : 240 GB (SSD) i guarantee for their Data backups nobody is going to lose any kind of Data if system or anything fail.

Bandwidth : 250mbps unmetered

so how many VPS i can create as i calculate for 8 VPS in this server what you guys say?

and should i buy the dedicated server from OVH?

i am also thinking about NAT VPS need ur suggestions thank you.

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited February 2018

Please stop, f*cktard. You've opened 3 threads in a span of a few hours and frankly no one wants to help you with your venture.

@AnthonySmith

Thanked by 2Nekki vimalware
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Quit opening threads for the virtually same topic. I get that you want attention, but you are doing it the wrong way. Annoying people and alienating them even before your biz takes off is the wrong way to do anything.

• Reselling OVH... boring...

• This is like the second coming of SZ1.

• @Nekki said:
    This is like the second coming of SZ1.

what is SZ1?

@mksh said:
    Reselling OVH... boring...

atleast i will provide quality servers i just want to be a good hoster.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2018

@rafaykhan said:
    what is SZ1?

That’s exactly the sort of thing SZ1 would say.

He’s a guy who came here, asked for advice, got it, ignored it all because it wasn’t what he wanted to hear and went ahead with what he wanted to do anyway.

• mkshmksh Member
    edited February 2018

@rafaykhan said:
    atleast i will provide quality servers i just want to be a good hoster.

Well, congrats on your comendable intentions but do you seriously think you can just enter a saturated market based on razor thin margins and compete with people having years and years of experience. If you want to stand a chance you need a niche and i don't think reselling OVH is that niche.

Also to make that anti DDoS solution (which is the only thing that could be remotely called selling point) anywhere useful i guess you'd have to think of a way to let clients setup firewall rules or get drowned in tickets by impacient clients getting more and more pissed off. Got any knowledge how to handle this? If yes, well, at least it's something and you can ponder about how you like hosting a bunch of cheap ass DDoS magnets because honestly that's probably the only group who will even consider your offer.

@mksh, he can. He has 20k.

Thanked by 1mksh
  • Guideline #1 of hosting 101: Make sure to have @WellGrounded as your customers.

Thanked by 2mksh deank
  • @deank I had just tagged the freaking Harbinger of deadpool and user is banned. That's banshee for LET

Thanked by 1hostdare

Scary stuff, scary indeed.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • A while ago the children used to have fun with the toys, nowadays by pretending to be an hosting provider.

The world changes so rapidly.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Why is this guy banned exactly? @anthonysmith And why are so many of leters so upset that he asked this question? He clearly asked for help. Wondering if I missed something.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

Maybe banned for having a multiple account or something but only admin/mods know why this guy is banned.

Update: I saw, He posted another thread where he is taking about 10Gbps speed and in this thread this guy mention 250Mbps (lol and maybe this is reason he is banned for planing to fool customer but LET ban him before he execute his plan.)

edited February 2018

Personally, I think he was trolling.

• @deank said:

He has the same thread on WHT.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1698636

• @Harzem said:

@deank said:

He has the same thread on WHT.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1698636

The worst part is they’re actually trying to understand and help him. He couldn’t even afford for pure SSD storage, so he’s using ‘ssd boosted’ storage.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

While I agree that knowledge seems to be a challenging issue for the poster, not sure I am seeing it as a reason to ban that's why I asked, thanks for those who responded to my question so far

• @risharde said:
    While I agree that knowledge seems to be a challenging issue for the poster, not sure I am seeing it as a reason to ban that's why I asked, thanks for those who responded to my question so far

He was trying to start a hosting company in his basement for crying out loud. He was lying about what he had (‘40gbps line’ to his house) and his ridiculous starting capital. He could barely speak any legible English and he didn’t even know what SSD caching was (WHT). He’s probably a troll — otherwise, I feel sorry for the person who gave him $20,000.

Thanked by 1Aidan

@risharde said:

Ok, let's say his intention was genuine. But it's worthwhile to note that he was willing to lie about features he was going to add to his hosting. He was going to lie about SSD storage which is only SSD cached. He was going to lie about DDoS protection when he has none. He was going to lie about bandwidth when he has only 3mb.

LET shouldn't allow that to begin with.

Thanked by 4Aidan lazyt Xei maverickp
  • I'm pretty sure it's just a kid and he's not fully understanding what he's getting in to. He probably doesn't have 20k in hand, but rather some vague offer from an enthusiastic admirer like his dad or friend who's impressed with his computer skills. Frankly, I'm a little disappointed in the apparent naivety of some LET members taking this so seriously.

Thanked by 2Xei NanoG6
  • Why would LET be expected to help people build their businesses from the ground up?

• I got him. @rafaykhan is not his real name. His real name is "Shahriar Islam". In (maybe June/July month of 2017) he was selling free hosting (main provider is myownfreehost) to his clients for 1 GB web hosting + 10 GB bandwidth + limited features at ৳100 BDT ~ $1.25 per year. He just making fool newbies . He have 5-7 facebook fake accounts also (3-4 accounts are in "female" gender with different name. This guy is b*******t.

• @risharde said:

Promoting Service on a non offer section is a bannable offense