Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In need of super simple blog. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

In need of super simple blog.

2»

Comments

• afterSt0rmafterSt0rm Member
    edited September 2013

You can try Pico as CMS and Bootstrap to build a template.

It is very simple and you don't need a big knowledge about programming/design.

EDIT: Pico works out of box. But, if you want to build a good template (what I think you don't need), you can use Bootstrap that is VERY EASY to work and build responsive themes (if you want, of course).

• just use wordpress and downgrade the default theme, don't be a partypooper.

• @rm_ said:
    So thekreek listed blite in most of the categories, I think it wins. :)

Wordpress is a huge terrible mess by now, it's anything but "super simple". And Joomla or Drupal? Whole full-blown CMSes to someone looking for just a blog, that's like driving one of these to supermarket to get groceries...

Listen buddy... Just because you've seen me driving that every time I go grocery shopping doesn't mean you have to make fun of me about it on a public forum! I'll have you know, it gets the job done.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

best thing is take a shared hosting, install FLATPRESS and get going
    its much easier than wordpress

nothing as per me would be simpler than flatpress.

and later if you wish, may be you can try a self hosted wordpress...

• AnchorCMS is good too

• PivotX

CMSimple

SkyBlue

GuppY web portal without mysql

BTW jhadley Loading Deck Ltd with Apache 2 Test Page

• Chyrp, very light-weighted. But development is slow.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

BTW, Blite.ca is parked now :/

• @netomx said:
    BTW, Blite.ca is parked now :/

• www.pluck-cms.org is very simple and lightweight, does not use a database.

• For pure blogging I'm starting to like Ghost, tried it only briefly and found a like for it, for sure. But since I don't have a lot of time to write, it's not really for me. In any case, it is quite light on resources too.
    My test instance is at https://ghost.k0nsl.org. The system runs Apache2, nginx, node, forever, ircd, redis, postfix and draws a total of 433 mb as I write this. Oh, and it runs Centos 6.4 (x64).
    It was also very easy to set it up, and there's a bunch of themes available in the Ghost marketplace, or you can design your own - the theme structuring looks to be very organized towards simplicity.

For everything else, I mostly recommend WordPress - works great when you have it all optimized, and with modifications. Heh, it works good without it too, I suppose ;)

In fact, I'm using Pico CMS. Seems that is what I was looking for: something SIMPLE. I have made Facebook comments for it :)

• So what happened to blite @sleddog?

• What about s9y.org ?

• @skagerrak said:
    So what happened to blite sleddog?

The domain was attacked/abused constantly. Guess someone doesn't like me. I don't have the time to deal with that shit (for a hobby project) so I dropped it. The code is safe.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@sleddog so no more Dev on blite then?

• agoldenberg said: @sleddog so no more Dev on blite then?

I won't be doing any in the foreseeable future. I've been laid off from my dayjob and I'm starting my own business. Hobby coding is pretty far down the priority list :)

If anyone wants a blite tarball I can make it available.

• @sleddog said:

Can you PM me a tar ball? (Thanks Vanilla for the broken quote)

• toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep

go with ghost blogging platform

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@toshost While I really like Ghost, it's missing a comments section (easily added with Diqus) and multi-author support. Once these two features are added, then Ghost will be perfect in my eyes. (I'm using ghost right now).

• Just got invited for Ghost today... May have to mess around.

• Ghost looks pretty nice and simple. Give that a try.

• mcmyhost said: Can you PM me a tar ball? (Thanks Vanilla for the broken quote)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6p5z8t386sbenh/blite-0.1-rc3.tar.gz

If anyone's interested, my plugin for FB comments in Pico:

https://github.com/netomx/pico-fb