Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ovh.us (Promotional Price) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ovh.us (Promotional Price)

13»

Comments

• @Aidan said:
    You're suggesting someone pick up a service & refund it after a months use for no reason other than being cheap - you're the worst kind of trash consumer out there

Where did you see in the OVH ToS that they require a reason for refund?

• trnjtrnj Member
    edited February 2018

@Aidan said:
    you're the worst kind of trash consumer out there

Ok, now, lets take a look at this one. Again, do you know me, did you see my bills for hosting, do you know that I pay 5000$+ for servers and they lick me in every hole so customer like me would stay?

It is probably a part of OVH marketing program, so people could try their fisrt dc in the US and return in the future. Where did you get your information? As usually, from your stupid head? Did you call OVH, did you chat OVH, did you twit Klaba?

I asked their support and it is ok, try, refund, return in future - no problem.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@trnj said:
    (Autistic screeching)

please....

Thanked by 3trnj Aidan NanoG6
  • trnjtrnj Member
    edited February 2018

@MasonR said:
    please....

Ok :) Just do not call people dicks online, do it irl. Good luck ;)

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

@trnj said:

@MasonR said:
    please....

Ok :) Just do not call people dicks online, do it irl. Good luck ;)

I read over the thread and he didn't call you a dick. You should really calm down, it's the internet.

• @trnj said:

Just do not call people dicks online

dick

Thanked by 2trnj doghouch
  • trnjtrnj Member
    edited February 2018

@lion said:
    dick

Nice to meet you, I'm Vlad ;)

• @trnj said:

@FredQc said:
    No.

But from ToS

30-Day Money-back Guarantee for Dedicated Servers and Virtual Private Servers (Pre-paid Subscription Services)

Well, I'm talking about my experience here. I've had alot of servers with OVH. All in all I've asked two times for a refund in the past with them, and they blatantly refused, even if the problem came from them.

So, maybe their politics have changed over time, I don't know.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@lion said:

@trnj said:

Just do not call people dicks online

dick

dick

• @Gulf said:
    Btw the network is average, poor pings in the us (comparing to amazon virginia, digital ocean, vultr).

I'm sure that will improve over time.

@LosPollosHermanos said:

@Gulf said:
    Btw the network is average, poor pings in the us (comparing to amazon virginia, digital ocean, vultr).

I'm sure that will improve over time.

I mean, it's unacceptable. You are paying full price for those servers and you are getting something that isn't even hitting its gauranteed bandwidth or has good pings to the rest of the US, and better pings is one of the main reasons why they want their server to be hosted in mainland US.

edited February 2018

Double posted for some reason.

• wheelwheel Member

For the record, they still aren't sure if they can honor the promo price as a one-time deal. My ticket from Feb. 23 remains open.

Thanked by 2Aidan sin
  • sinsin Member
    edited March 2018

wheel said: For the record, they still aren't sure if they can honor the promo price as a one-time deal. My ticket from Feb. 23 remains open.

OVH needs to get its shit together - rather then opening a bajillion locations, they should work on what they have now and building/training a support and sales team that actually works.

• edited March 2018

@sin said:

wheel said: For the record, they still aren't sure if they can honor the promo price as a one-time deal. My ticket from Feb. 23 remains open.

OVH needs to get its shit together - rather then opening a bajillion locations, they should work on what they have now and building/training a support and sales team that actually works.

I wouldn't count on that. None of the big providers seem to handle expansion well. They want to open up datacenters and get paying customers before they throw money into support. So their existing support just gets overworked/watered down more.

My philosophy is to try stay away from the big providers unless it is in their home location. Try find regional or local providers for each region.

• wheelwheel Member

OVH got back to me, today March 15th, to let me know that they won't be able to honor the promotional price, at all.

They took 20 days to give me a "no".

• @wheel said:
    OVH got back to me, today March 15th, to let me know that they won't be able to honor the promotional price, at all.

OVH at his finest

• vishvish Member

@wheel said:

DICKS

• @Gulf said:

@meirelles said:

@Gulf said:

Where can I find a test IP?

>
    Anybody have a Speedtest for ovh va?

For anyone looking for a great replacement, check out https://usdedicated.com - Have had an amazing experience with them myself.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

@CConner Their DDoS protection is "4Gbps", doesn't really compare to OVH and most people use OVH for the protection. Without the protection there is no reason to use OVH US except for newer hardware.

• akaemu said: Anybody have a Speedtest for ovh va?

As per your request, the bench is as follows:

System Info
    -----------
    Processor   : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz
    CPU Cores   : 8
    Frequency   : 3800.000 MHz
    Memory      : 31827 MB
    Swap        :  MB
    Uptime      : 37 days, 22:05,

OS      : Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
    Arch        : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel      : 4.4.0-116-generic
    Hostname    : MY_PRIVATE_HOST_NAME.com

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Location        Provider    Speed
    CDN         Cachefly    100MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      56.1MB/s 
    Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   33.5MB/s 
    Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   20.3MB/s 
    San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   20.7MB/s 
    Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   1.54MB/s 

Tokyo, Japan        Linode      1.20MB/s 
    Singapore       Softlayer   6.12MB/s 

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net     17.3MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb    35.6MB/s 

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 325 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 326 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 325 MB/s
    Average I/O : 325.333 MB/s

For disks: both disks are "almost" brand new

smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep Power_On
      9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       1724

Thanked by 1akaemu

MikeA said: @CConner Their DDoS protection is "4Gbps", doesn't really compare to OVH and most people use OVH for the protection. Without the protection there is no reason to use OVH US except for newer hardware.

They frequently do promotions for free 20 Gbps DDoS protection.

I agree if you need a lot of capacity, OVH is a valid choice. Just making people aware of the existence of another option.

• @CConner said:
    For anyone looking for a great replacement, check out https://usdedicated.com - Have had an amazing experience with them myself.

I would agree I have several servers with them.

Few months back they ran an overstock special for E3-1270 for $45 with 20 Gbps DDoS and 1GB unmetered connection...smokin deal. Just have to keep a look out.

There an Internap shop so there connections are pretty solid.