Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's up with VPSCorner?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's up with VPSCorner?

Hi,

yesterday i received a mail from VPSCorner without many info, title being "ALl users advised to take backups" and here's the body :
"We are currently in middle of a situation with Datacenter making up additional charges, We are advising all users to take backups of there vps.

now their server is unreachable for me : https://vpscorner.co.uk and so is their SolusVM.

nothing on their twitter.

anyone got more infos?

Comments

• That looks like some short notice.

Anybody else with them? I hope people did take their backups as advised.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited September 2013

now their server is unreachable for me : https://vpscorner.co.uk and so is their SolusVM.

My VPS at "Shannon" node is UP and so is SolusVM control panel on non secure connection, ssl url is down. But to be honest, with all those never ending issues and long term downtimes on monthly basis I wouldn't miss them even if they disappear.

Uptimerobot:
    VPScorner 98.63%

• It seems disappeared :)

Site vpscorner.co.uk is down.

Node Alexis is up, SolusVM on SSL here: https://solusvm.vpscorner.co.uk:5656/login.php

I believe it's time to run away from VPSCorner :)

• same here all down take your backup and run away

• But to be honest, with all those never ending issues and long term downtimes on monthly basis...

To be honest, this thread (i.e. provider is down/MIA/backup your data on short notice) should have been expected.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited September 2013

Is it just me or is the VPSCorner website redirecting to Prometeus/Iperweb?

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep
    This is probably not the site you are looking for!
    You attempted to reach vpscorner.co.uk, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as www.prometeus.net. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of vpscorner.co.uk.
    You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.

• @darknyan said:

It's not just you. The A record is now pointed at a Prometeus IP.

DiG 9.8.1-P1 <<>> vpscorner.co.uk ANY
    ;; global options: +cmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 204
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 4, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;vpscorner.co.uk.       IN  ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    vpscorner.co.uk.    300 IN  A   195.88.4.70
    vpscorner.co.uk.    21600   IN  NS  dora.ns.cloudflare.com.
    vpscorner.co.uk.    21600   IN  NS  hugh.ns.cloudflare.com.
    vpscorner.co.uk.    21600   IN  SOA dora.ns.cloudflare.com. dns.cloudflare.com. 2013092410 10000 2400 604800 3600

;; Query time: 196 msec
    ;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
    ;; WHEN: Tue Sep 24 14:29:33 2013
    ;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 144</pre>

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@darknyan said:

Odd, I know for sure Prometeus is not behind that. Not sure what's up with VPSCorner, perhaps a badly tasted joke or just wanting to direct customers elsewhere.

• We are currently in middle of a situation with Datacenter making up additional charges

Translation: We didn't pay the bill.

• @VPSCorner (Luke) - Last Active July 25
    @VPSSimon - Last Active September 23

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

No, we are not behind this. I was away yesterday and didnt see this thread so i was very surprised when someone opened a ticket to ask for a refund.
    Maybe they found out we are giving free VPSes :)

• My VPS on "Shannon" is also still up but considering the other events, I guess it won't last long :)

• @Maounique said:
    No, we are not behind this. I was away yesterday and didnt see this thread so i was very surprised when someone opened a ticket to ask for a refund.
    Maybe they found out we are giving free VPSes :)

I would once again advise you to set up default virtual server to display something that wouldn't give a chance to see you could be behind any domain that just pointed its DNS at you.

Note: if your site is opened as

http://195.88.4.70

it still displays Prometeus site (i.e., 'Host:' HTTP header isn't required at all). It's definitely not what you would like...

• @Maounique where is VPSCorner refugee coupon?!

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Actually tickets were more than one :-|

• There, my server on Shannon went down 30 mins ago with no option to reboot it :)
    Seems it's the end!
    "An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later"

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Thanked by 1jimpop