Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need review plan COLD STORAGE VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need review plan COLD STORAGE VPS

jazz1611jazz1611 Member
edited February 2018 in Help

Hello,

Have any one used plan "COLD STORAGE VPS" on FDC Servers which location Los Angeles? If have, can i have some review it? I'm looking VPS/Server which Storage video mp4 for client on Asia. Thank you.

Regards,

Comments

• Cold storage... For movies... On a VPS..?

• Aidan said: Cold storage... For movies... On a VPS..?

Could be for cameras and the like.

• Can i get the benchmark or result of performance I/O, CPU, Network....?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2018

@Aidan said:
    Cold storage... For movies... On a VPS..?

based on OP posts, the OP don't understand the cold storage meaning!

jazz1611 said: Can i get the benchmark or result of performance I/O, CPU, Network....?

its not HDD became cold or hot! you don't need benchmark or performance I/O, CPU as its cold storage!!!

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • jazz1611jazz1611 Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for contacting FDC Servers for your hosting needs.

10Gbps Unmetered In + 1Gbps Unmetered Out + 8GB RAM + 1TB HDD + 5 ips + 1CPU core

Node CPU: Dual Xeon 5520/5630
    RAM ECC
    RAID 10
    The drives are HDD not SSD, as this is storage plan.

Look it good for begin storage video MP4.

• WebProject said: based on OP posts, the OP don't understand the cold storage meaning!

Based on what? Based on your post it seems you're trying to be smart.
    Because he clearly asked for a review:

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

How much storage would you need?

• @VPSSLIM said:
    How much storage would you need?

1TB is fine now.

• Aidan said: Cold storage... For movies... On a VPS..?

for penguins...

Thanked by 1Aidan

@duckeeyuck said:

WebProject said: based on OP posts, the OP don't understand the cold storage meaning!

Based on what? Based on your post it seems you're trying to be smart.

The cold storage is not storage VPS or VPS or dedicated server, therefore pointless to ask for benchmarks or CPU speed. I am not trying to be smart, simply read what the “cold storage” mean and how it works!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jazz1611 said: FDC Servers

WebProject said: based on OP posts, the OP don't understand the cold storage meaning!

Yeah well it's not like FDC makes it clear. There is zero info on their site that explains what that means.

• WebProject said: The cold storage is not storage VPS or VPS or dedicated server, therefore pointless to ask for benchmarks or CPU speed. I am not trying to be smart, simply read what the “cold storage” mean and how it works!

Ok again, it seems you lack the intelligence for figurative speech, when he refers to "cold storage", he's not refering to actual "cold storage", he''s simply referring to the name of a product line.
    Things can take different meaning depending on the context, , in case you never learned this.

It's something every person in the world knows.

Also, unrelated, but your site says price match guarantee (https://www.web-project.co.uk/basic-vps-hosting)

Can you match this?
    KVM HDD Plus https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

kty

Thanked by 2Lololololol kkrajk
  • jazz1611jazz1611 Member
    edited February 2018

Yes you may store videos on the VPS and the Cold Storage plan is the cheapest one compared to other SSD plans.

The service quality is the same for all of our products, this storage plan is cheaper because it uses HDD instead of SSD and it has outgoing restrictions of 1Gbps only, since it's meant to store data NOT push data out of the server to the internet. Please acknowledge you understood the terms as described.
    10Gbps Unmetered In + 1Gbps Unmetered Out

This VPS works in the exactly same way as all other VPS and dedicated servers, you would have to configure it properly in order for it to be functioning.

It can be fine if storage normal file? Please give me some advice.

• @jazz1611 said:
    It can be fine if storage normal file? Please give me some advice.

It's basically just a VPS with 1TB of HDD space attached. From their description, you could do that, though it wouldn't give you the fastest speeds as it's a HDD.

edited February 2018

@duckeeyuck said:

Also, unrelated, but your site says price match guarantee (https://www.web-project.co.uk/basic-vps-hosting)

Can you match this?
    KVM HDD Plus https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

kty

Do you know how the price match works? Not just take random plan from cheap provider and ask to match it! It should be similar plans and include the same number of CPU, RAM, HDD, bandwidth, as we don’t do 1 core VPS plans.

You link for other hosting provider for unlimited core and at the same time is limited to one core, most stupid description ever:

https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2
    1 vCPU core Xeon E5-1620 v2

Unlimited CPU core 3.7GHz

Wow, true unlimited CPU core is new way to misleading customers!

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@WebProject

To be the devil's advocate here, some providers limit power of vCores - i.e. you get a server with 2 vCores, but each is limited to 20% for example.

• @FHR said:

@WebProject

To be the devil's advocate here, some providers limit power of vCores - i.e. you get a server with 2 vCores, but each is limited to 20% for example.

Is there an advantage over 1 vCore limited to 40%?

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@Xei said:

@FHR said:

@WebProject

Is there an advantage over 1 vCore limited to 40%?

I think it is purely marketing, no real technical reason.

• WebProject said: Do you know how the price match works? Not just take random plan from cheap provider and ask to match it! It should be similar plans and include the same number of CPU, RAM, HDD, bandwidth, as we don’t do 1 core VPS plans.

Well, I got another virmach box at:
    2gb Ram
    2x Cpu cores
    50gb ssd
    2tb bandwidth

it's very similar, only off by 50gb disk, exactly the same in every other sense, cpu cores are not "unlimited" either.
    I'm paying 12$ yearly, it says price match guarantee on your site.