Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Offline EU Credit Card Proccessing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Offline EU Credit Card Proccessing

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

This is completely unrelated to hosting.

Does anyone know, or have any recommendations on how to process credit card payments 'offline'?

Think mail order, and hotel bookings. I'm looking for a 'virtual terminal' service where I can enter credit card details provided by the client in order to charge them.

It needs to be an EU based provider that naively handles EUR payments and clears to an EU bank account in EUR. Preferably with lowish fees.

2CO is not an option.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• @randvegeta said:

Does anyone know, or have any recommendations on how to process credit card payments 'offline'?

Think mail order, and hotel bookings. I'm looking for a 'virtual terminal' service where I can enter credit card details provided by the client in order to charge them.

It needs to be an EU based provider that naively handles EUR payments and clears to an EU bank account in EUR. Preferably with lowish fees.

2CO is not an option.

Any suggestions?

Not really credit card but bank. You could ask them to give you a SEPA right so you can charge them freely whenever they order something.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Ympker said:

@randvegeta said:

2CO is not an option.

Any suggestions?

Not really credit card but bank. You could ask them to give you a SEPA right so you can charge them freely whenever they order something.

Customers are already free to pay in cash or bank transfer if they want. But a lot of these people really prefer to pay with card.

• @randvegeta said:

@Ympker said:

@randvegeta said:

2CO is not an option.

Any suggestions?

Customers are already free to pay in cash or bank transfer if they want. But a lot of these people really prefer to pay with card.

Alright. But why do you need their CC credentials then? Like CC number and pin to charge them manually? A SEPA would be linked to their bank account and you could automatically charge their bank account through SEPA whenever. Anyway I might be not understanding this thoroughly so perhaps you could provide another example if it isn't too much a hassle :)

Ympker said: Anyway I might be not understanding this thoroughly so perhaps you could provide another example if it isn't too much a hassle :)

Ok. I have an apartment near the beach that I list on booking.com. Last year I was only able to handle 'cash on arrival' guests.

But actually most people seem to want to pay with Credit Card.

Booking.com does not normally accept payment on behalf of the hotels/guest houses. They collect details and securely pass it to the hotel so the hotel can charge directly. Sometimes they take payment, but they strangely do not pass the payment on to you via bank transfer. Instead they create a virtual credit card and you're expected to charge it via some virtual terminal.

So for non-cash bookings, I need to be able to charge the card. Booking charged my last guest and now I have this virtual card that I cannot seem to get the cash out of.

Any way.. that's the idea.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @randvegeta said:

Ympker said: Anyway I might be not understanding this thoroughly so perhaps you could provide another example if it isn't too much a hassle :)

Ok. I have an apartment near the beach that I list on booking.com. Last year I was only able to handle 'cash on arrival' guests.

But actually most people seem to want to pay with Credit Card.

Booking.com does not normally accept payment on behalf of the hotels/guest houses. They collect details and securely pass it to the hotel so the hotel can charge directly. Sometimes they take payment, but they strangely do not pass the payment on to you via bank transfer. Instead they create a virtual credit card and you're expected to charge it via some virtual terminal.

So for non-cash bookings, I need to be able to charge the card. Booking charged my last guest and now I have this virtual card that I cannot seem to get the cash out of.

Any way.. that's the idea.

Hmm I got it now. So do they just give you the CC number or also pin? If PIN can't you just setup a PayPal payment button and use the card to pay for it so you get the money to your PP? Or does the VCC company somehow offer a terminal to transfer money? What information are you exactly being provided?

This might help you:
    https://partnerhelp.booking.com/hc/en-gb/community/posts/115006397893-Virtual-Credit-Card-

Seems like you perhaps can only charge the VCC on Client arrival?

Ympker said: Hmm I got it now. So do they just give you the CC number or also pin? If PIN can't you just setup a PayPal payment button and use the card to pay for it so you get the money to your PP? Or does the VCC company somehow offer a terminal to transfer money? What information are you exactly being provided?

This might help you: https://partnerhelp.booking.com/hc/en-gb/community/posts/115006397893-Virtual-Credit-Card-

They don't provide a pin. Details include card number, expiry date, name on card and CVC code.

The VCC details I have are 2 months old. I haven't sorted out a virtual terminal yet, so the funds are still locked in the virtual card.

I have more bookings now and I am unable to charge those cards too.

I can't really use paypal... I need to do it through some virtual terminal, which my Paypal does not have. Even if it did, my Paypal is based in HK, and I would prefer to to get the money in EUR, not forcibly converted to HKD with a terrible exchange rate.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @randvegeta said:

Ympker said: Hmm I got it now. So do they just give you the CC number or also pin? If PIN can't you just setup a PayPal payment button and use the card to pay for it so you get the money to your PP? Or does the VCC company somehow offer a terminal to transfer money? What information are you exactly being provided?

This might help you: https://partnerhelp.booking.com/hc/en-gb/community/posts/115006397893-Virtual-Credit-Card-

They don't provide a pin. Details include card number, expiry date, name on card and CVC code.

The VCC details I have are 2 months old. I haven't sorted out a virtual terminal yet, so the funds are still locked in the virtual card.

I have more bookings now and I am unable to charge those cards too.

I can't really use paypal... I need to do it through some virtual terminal, which my Paypal does not have. Even if it did, my Paypal is based in HK, and I would prefer to to get the money in EUR, not forcibly converted to HKD with a terrible exchange rate.

That sucks. Setting up Paymentwall will certainly make you loose a lot, too. So right now you are getting no money out of it at all? And where is that holiday house :P Pm me I might come visit one day xD Planing next holidays already^^

• Check out Stripe https://myfrontdesk.cloudbeds.com/hc/en-us/articles/115008070487-Charging-virtual-cards-with-Stripe

Perhaps that will work. They even mention booking.com VCCs there.

Ympker said: That sucks. Setting up Paymentwall will certainly make you loose a lot, too. So right now you are getting no money out of it at all? And where is that holiday house :P Pm me I might come visit one day xD Planing next holidays already^^

Yep, not getting any money at all right now..

It's in a place called Nida, in Lithuania.

https://www.google.lt/search?q=nida+lithuania&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjzz6Sgw7fZAhUGCCwKHZsfDKgQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=900

It's a pretty unique place. It's on a 100km long spit. A very narrow stretch of land that's between 500m and 2km wide. My favorite place in Lithuania :-)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @randvegeta said:

Ympker said: That sucks. Setting up Paymentwall will certainly make you loose a lot, too. So right now you are getting no money out of it at all? And where is that holiday house :P Pm me I might come visit one day xD Planing next holidays already^^

Yep, not getting any money at all right now..

It's in a place called Nida, in Lithuania.

https://www.google.lt/search?q=nida+lithuania&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjzz6Sgw7fZAhUGCCwKHZsfDKgQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=900

It's a pretty unique place. It's on a 100km long spit. A very narrow stretch of land that's between 500m and 2km wide. My favorite place in Lithuania :-)

Seems like ppl only got problems since bookincom introduced that VCC system of theirs..
    So might Stripe work?

Ympker said: Seems like ppl only got problems since bookincom introduced that VCC system of theirs.. So might Stripe work?

Stripe doesn't cover Lithuania. I also have a UK and HK address I can use, but then I can't handle EUR. I have a German bank account but no German address for which I can use for the registration. Besides, I'm not sure of the implications claiming to be running a biz in Germany. Might come after me for taxes that I already pay in HK and LT.

• @randvegeta said:

Ympker said: Seems like ppl only got problems since bookincom introduced that VCC system of theirs.. So might Stripe work?

Stripe doesn't cover Lithuania. I also have a UK and HK address I can use, but then I can't handle EUR. I have a German bank account but no German address for which I can use for the registration. Besides, I'm not sure of the implications claiming to be running a biz in Germany. Might come after me for taxes that I already pay in HK and LT.

That really seems to suck :/
    Clevermail.com does offer a german adress.

@Ympker

Pictures of Nida (Curonian Spit).

;)

• @randvegeta said:
    @Ympker

Pictures of Nida (Curonian Spit).

;)

Wow! Looks gorgeous! Must be awesome to live around there :)

Ympker said: Wow! Looks gorgeous! Must be awesome to live around there :)

Well actually I live about 370km away, in Vilnius. It's a great place to be, but I don't spend a huge amount of time there. If I could, I would give up hosting, and all things IT, buy a boat, some jet skis, snow mobiles and basically enjoy the outdoorsy / nature filled life style. It's a great place really.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @randvegeta said:

Ympker said: Wow! Looks gorgeous! Must be awesome to live around there :)

Well actually I live about 370km away, in Vilnius. It's a great place to be, but I don't spend a huge amount of time there. If I could, I would give up hosting, and all things IT, buy a boat, some jet skis, snow mobiles and basically enjoy the outdoorsy / nature filled life style. It's a great place really.

Well you have something to look forward to once you retire from work!

Ympker said: Well you have something to look forward to once you retire from work!

I look forward to every summer :-). Pretty good wind surfing and kiting there.

In the winter the lagoon completely freezes over and people go ice fishing. But i'm not big on phishing. But I like the idea of getting a snow mobile and going nuts on the ice. Or 'ice kiting'

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • RamiRami Member
    edited February 2018

Give a look to Payoneer.com I think it might help you
    Edit: Very nice place by the way

• @randvegeta said:

Ympker said: Well you have something to look forward to once you retire from work!

I look forward to every summer :-). Pretty good wind surfing and kiting there.

In the winter the lagoon completely freezes over and people go ice fishing. But i'm not big on phishing. But I like the idea of getting a snow mobile and going nuts on the ice. Or 'ice kiting'

Nice landscape for sure :)

Rami said: Give a look to Payoneer.com I think it might help you

Payoneer do payment processing?

Ympker said: Nice landscape for sure :)

That's probably not the best picture to use, since it's not in Nida :D

This is probably in Nida (at least it is in LT).

No mountains in Lithuania. Flat like a pancake! So winter sports are limited. But if you got a hankering to go skiing or snow boarding, you can use the wind to pull you, instead of gravity :-). But you gotta know how to do regular kiting. One day I'll learn :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2018

@randvegeta said:

Ympker said: Nice landscape for sure :)

That's probably not the best picture to use, since it's not in Nida :D

This is probably in Nida (at least it is in LT).

No mountains in Lithuania. Flat like a pancake! So winter sports are limited. But if you got a hankering to go skiing or snow boarding, you can use the wind to pull you, instead of gravity :-). But you gotta know how to do regular kiting. One day I'll learn :)

Looks awesome hehe :P Damn can't wait for my next holidays to come^^ Wanna go somewhere cool again, too.

• RamiRami Member
    edited February 2018

@randvegeta said:

From what I understood they gave you a VCC (card number+expirey date+CVC), from Payoneer you can create invoices and that can be paid with the VCC (they charge around 2% as far as I remember) you send the invoice to an email address then pay it no need to create more accounts

Rami said: From what I understood they give you a VCC (card number+expirey date+CVC), from Payoneer you can create invoices and that can be paid with the VCC (they charge around 2% as far as I remember) you send the invoice to an email address then pay it no need to create more accounts

Not sure I understand how that works...

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • RamiRami Member
    edited February 2018

@randvegeta said:

Rami said: From what I understood they give you a VCC (card number+expirey date+CVC), from Payoneer you can create invoices and that can be paid with the VCC (they charge around 2% as far as I remember) you send the invoice to an email address then pay it no need to create more accounts

Not sure I understand how that works...

OK.. Payoneer offer this as a way for people to charge their clients without the need to create a website (for freelancers) you'll have to sign up a Payoneer account then go to request money fill the form and then send the request to an email
    Then you'll receive an email(as the client this time) click on pay now fill the form and enter your VCC info then pay
    https://www.payoneer.com/billing-service/
    Edit: in this case you're the freelancer/provider and the client

• @randvegeta said:

2CO is not an option.

Any suggestions?

Do you want to try square?? squareup.com

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

you do have options:

squareup.com

stripe.com

PayPal Pro

Sum Up

izettle

• cociucociu Member
    edited February 2018

randvegeta said: Ok. I have an apartment near the beach

can i rent it for me and for @nekki ?

Back to your problem , i use something similar. you can ask for a POS to your bank (at list here is how is called) and you can put the details manually .

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

PayPal Pro has Virtual Terminal.

• Clouvider said: PayPal Pro has Virtual Terminal.

only in some country , like always .... we the poor country we do not have this right .... but we fight for eguality of people :)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

@cociu said:

Clouvider said: PayPal Pro has Virtual Terminal.

only in some country , like always .... we the poor country we do not have this right .... but we fight for eguality of people :)

Everyone mitigates their risks. It’s not about who is poor or not.

Not saying this is the reason, as I don’t know, but it’s often related with the fraud rate, laws, local practises, etc.