Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dediserve - 50% off for LET user only
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dediserve - 50% off for LET user only

dediservedediserve Member
edited February 2018 in Offers

Hi all,

We have another LET special for you guys :) A good one!

For those who aren't aware, we (DediServe) are an Irish all-flash cloud provider, we are currently the world's largest OnApp provider, with 17 locations world-wide and boast 24x7x365 support and a 100% uptime SLA. We use only enterprise-grade equipment inlcuding HPE C7000 blade enclosures, Cisco Nexus switching and Enterprise-grade SSD arrays.

We provide Flexible Resources or Fixed-spec VMs as required, plethora of OS choices and instant provisioning at any site of your choosing. Your cloud, your way :). To find out more please visit: https://www.dediserve.com/about

The promo we have is unlike any of our normal offers (usually location specific), as it allows global discounts at any of our locations, for any of our packages - only for LET users, because you're awesome.

This discount code;

1. Applies 50% discount at cart for any Flexible Resources or Fixed Instances
  2. Is permanent and for the life of the service created
  3. Will de-activate after 100 uses (first come, first served!)

The code is: LET2018

Link: https://manage.dediserve.com/index.php?cmd=module&module=54&cid=845

Using this, you can bag one of our 1GB Dediserve Fixed instances for the LET-only price of €5/mo, more importantly it can be applied to the larger instances also!

Let us know if you have any questions at all

Thanked by 3ferri nessie chrisp

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@dediserve said:
    we are currently the world's largest OnApp provider

The more you know!

• can i haggle on pricing?

• yeah haggle

• @dediserve how about 2.50 euro for the 1GB plan, we good?

• is there a coupon code

• dediservedediserve Member
    edited February 2018

@MikeA said:

@dediserve said:

The more you know!

The more you know you don't know - Aristotle :) Also the reason we have an ever-expanding knowledgebase!

@hzr said:
    can i haggle on pricing?

At 50% off, afraid not, hah :)

@JoeMerit said:
    @dediserve how about 2.50 euro for the 1GB plan, we good?

If we could make it that cheap, we would :(

@maldovia said:
    is there a coupon code

Yes, it's LET2018

• Please edit your OP to link to the fixed instances. For lazy persons: https://manage.dediserve.com/cart/fixed-instances/

The non-fixed ones are above the 7 usd limit, so linking them is useless.

Thanked by 1chrisp
  • @dediserve any known issues in Frankfurt? Ping times vary pretty strong from Germany and from european locations around Germany. I mean from a home connection it was between 5ms and 70ms and the same thing from Sweden, Luxembourg and others.

• Would be cool if you all added OnApp's FreeBSD 11.1 template: http://templates.repo.onapp.com/FreeBSD/

• Selling LET membership for cheap for those who want to utilize the deal. Please PM me for details. Do note I am giving out thousands of these so it may take me a few years to respond. ;)

• would be awesome if the flexible one is $7/m :D

• It's a really good deal for Jakarta, Hong Kong, Ireland and such, but for DE, NL and US it's not too good. Anyways, good choice of premium DCs. I was a bit tempted for 5 minutes, but don't need exotic locations at the moment ;)

• Do you offer windows? if so, trial? extra $?

Thanks

• dediservedediserve Member
    edited February 2018

@teamacc said:
    Please edit your OP to link to the fixed instances. For lazy persons: https://manage.dediserve.com/cart/fixed-instances/

The non-fixed ones are above the 7 usd limit, so linking them is useless.

The "Edit" option is no longer there for us this morning, sorry :(

@chrisp said:
    @dediserve any known issues in Frankfurt? Ping times vary pretty strong from Germany and from european locations around Germany. I mean from a home connection it was between 5ms and 70ms and the same thing from Sweden, Luxembourg and others.

None at all, Frankfurt is one of our more popular locations, no complaints that we're aware but feel free to make use of our ping/download speed tester to ensure it meets your needs.

@sin said:
    Would be cool if you all added OnApp's FreeBSD 11.1 template: http://templates.repo.onapp.com/FreeBSD/

Noted, I'll get that passed to our techs to implement the template

@ferri said:
    would be awesome if the flexible one is $7/m :D

For $7, we'd say just get a fixed instance, as at that price you'd only have 1x VMs worth of resources anyway.

@chrisp said:
    It's a really good deal for Jakarta, Hong Kong, Ireland and such, but for DE, NL and US it's not too good. Anyways, good choice of premium DCs. I was a bit tempted for 5 minutes, but don't need exotic locations at the moment ;)

Interesting, why is it not good for those locations?

@Gamer said:
    Do you offer windows? if so, trial? extra $?

Thanks

Yes, we offer a suite of Windows templates. As a provider we must adhere to our SPLA commitments, Windows VMs need an additional license priced at €14.95/month, this applies to all versions of the OS (consumer or server)

We would also like to say thanks! Overnight you guys have consumed a large portion of the 100x uses for this code, if anyone misses out, please reach out to us directly - we can always extend it slightly for an LET member.

• dediserve "james" are the cpu pass through? asking if "Nested virtualization" is possible!

• @ehab said:
    dediserve "james" are the cpu pass through? asking if "Nested virtualization" is possible!

Hi Ehab, no we don't allow nested virtualization, the CPUs are passthrough in as much as they're visible from the OS.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @dediserve said:

Does OnApp support standards-compliant IPv6 assignments by now?
    I had to drop Dediserve a while ago because there was no way to get a dedicated /64 per customer (and I really don't like being blacklisted because of noisy neighbours)…

• @ucxo said:

@dediserve said:

Does OnApp support standards-compliant IPv6 assignments by now?
    I had to drop Dediserve a while ago because there was no way to get a dedicated /64 per customer (and I really don't like being blacklisted because of noisy neighbours)…

We can provide IPv6 in certain locations, we do not by default provide a IPv6 subnet however. You will not get blacklisted due to noisy neighbours with us, that only happens if abuse complaints are ignored by the provider, they then move from blocking a specific IP to the whole range, our team responds to any and all abuse complaints as they come in, so that should never happen.

• ucxoucxo Member
    edited February 2018

@dediserve said:
    You will not get blacklisted due to noisy neighbours with us, that only happens if abuse complaints are ignored by the provider, they then move from blocking a specific IP to the whole range

That's the case for IPv4 (block /32, then eventually escalate to /24). For IPv6, the IETF has standardised a minimum assignment of /64 per customer (or site/server/entity, depending on the exact scenario), so the initial blacklist entry will already be the full /64 (since it's supposed to belong to a single person anyway), with eventual escalation to/48. I've seen both Google and Freenode do that first-hand, and it was a bloody mess to clean up in both cases.
    I was hoping that with such a large deployment, you might be able to talk some sense into OnApp to finally implement the standard… It would reduce maintenance and scaling problems for everyone involved.

• FYI : We are extremely sorry to let you know that our Jakarta location is currently running out of capacity.

• @mexyul said:
    FYI : We are extremely sorry to let you know that our Jakarta location is currently running out of capacity.

Indeed, this is due for expansion in the next 60 days, however currently it's absolute capacity (with the influx of new users), we can offer Hong Kong or Singapore in that region as an alternative?

• Combine with partnership coupon hshehshehe

• @onemanshow said:
    Combine with partnership coupon hshehshehe

Hah, our partners already receive universal discounts based on their tier, you can't stack them :P

Thanked by 1onemanshow
  • Plex allowed?

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited February 2018

dediserve said: Interesting, why is it not good for those locations?

It is an ok price, definitely. However there is a lot of good competition in Frankfurt like for example Avoro and PHP-Friends.de both being located in First-Colo and both having standard prices below your 50% discounted prices. I think DDoS protection by First-Colo is superb and I am looking for a really good hoster in that DC, but I am not convinced about Dediserve yet. Maybe I will have a try with that current offer.

dediserve said: We can provide IPv6 in certain locations

Q: Do you offer IPv6 in Frankfurt? If yes, /64 or single ones?

• @geekhost said:
    Plex allowed?

Sure! As long as you have the appropriate OS licensing.

@chrisp said:

It is an ok price, definitely. However there is a lot of good competition in Frankfurt like for example Avoro and PHP-Friends.de both being located in First-Colo and both having standard prices below your 50% discounted prices. I think DDoS protection by First-Colo is superb and I am looking for a really good hoster in that DC, but I am not convinced about Dediserve yet. Maybe I will have a try with that current offer.

There certainly is a lot of competition, however I'd say both those mentioned do not have the same level of hardware as ourselves, there's a tangible difference to the user between a few pizza boxes with consumer SSDs in and HPE Blade enclosures with enterprise disks. Hopefully that shows through as we put a lot of effort into the infrastructure :)

Also, yes, IPv6 is available in that location.

• @dediserve said:

@chrisp said:

There certainly is a lot of competition, however I'd say both those mentioned do not have the same level of hardware as ourselves, there's a tangible difference to the user between a few pizza boxes with consumer SSDs in and HPE Blade enclosures with enterprise disks. Hopefully that shows through as we put a lot of effort into the infrastructure :)

Alright, let's give it a shot. Got the flexible plan now and IPv6 was assigned within 5 minutes (although unfortunately only one address, but ok for now). If anyone wants me to test something just ping me.

• ucxoucxo Member

@dediserve said:

@chrisp said:

[…] Hopefully that shows through as we put a lot of effort into the infrastructure :)

But evidently you don't put a lot of effort into reading prospective customers' questions:

@chrisp Read a little further up in the thread: you won't get standards-compliant assignments from Dediserve, and they show no intention to change that.

• ucxo said: @chrisp Read a little further up in the thread: you won't get standards-compliant assignments from Dediserve, and they show no intention to change that.

At the moment it's fine for my use-case, however I definitely see this as a negative point so far. Having to request v6 and not getting a subnet. I will grab a php-friends VPS as well and just see which one I like more or if there are any issues with either one. Also how they handle network problems by the DC and how they communicate. Both are pretty active on Twitter as well.

• maswibowomaswibowo Member
    edited March 2018

@dediserve said:

@onemanshow said:
    Combine with partnership coupon hshehshehe

Hah, our partners already receive universal discounts based on their tier, you can't stack them :P

does partner eligible to purchase with this LET2018 coupon?
    upgrade the vm purchased with this coupon also get the discount?