Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StackSocial today up to 40% OFF! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

StackSocial today up to 40% OFF!

Comments

• Might be worth a look as a back-up service. 2TB with @cociu has my day-to-day needs covered.

• @Nekki said:
    Might be worth a look as a back-up service. 2TB with @cociu has my day-to-day needs covered.

Don't miss out on the 40% coupon :P

• I bought the SpiderOak plan, apparently renews at $39.99! If so, fucking bargain.

I can't actually get the code to apply to my account, but hopefully that's temporary.

Thanked by 3Falzo Ympker beagle
  • @Nekki said:
    I bought the SpiderOak plan, apparently renews at $39.99! If so, fucking bargain.

bought one.

Thanked by 2Ympker beagle
  • Mental deal, especially at that price.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

ehab said: @Ympker, have you tried VPNUnlimited ?

I personally tried, it's OK and after a couple months some VPN servers are gone, better Windscribe VPN services in my opinion.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @WebProject said:

ehab said: @Ympker, have you tried VPNUnlimited ?

I personally tried, it's OK and after a couple months some VPN servers are gone, better Windscribe VPN services in my opinion.

What do you mean by they are gone? E.g. US#12 disappeared? They will add new ones I guess. Atleast I can still access all countries like before. But yeah good to know if you are using an ovpn file of theirs on your router and the respective server suddenly disappears.
    Windscribe I always have this "meh" feeling about. That's because afaik before they went "super privacy oriented" they specialzed in selling customer data of their free vpn to other companies. So yeah..

• Bought hide my ip and taraaa unable to reedem, waiting their email reply now, their live chat always go offline after i tell the trouble

• @robohost said:
    Bought hide my ip and taraaa unable to reedem, waiting their email reply now, their live chat always go offline after i tell the trouble

Good luck :P My codes have all worked so far :P I've (over time) bought Ivacy Lifetime, VPNUnlimited Lifetime, Getflix Lifetime and SurfEasy VPN there.

• Did anyone else buy the SpiderOak code and have it apply all right? My account is still working, but my profile says the account is locked for non payment and they attempted to bill my pre-paid visa for a year’s service.

• @Nekki said:
    Did anyone else buy the SpiderOak code and have it apply all right? My account is still working, but my profile says the account is locked for non payment and they attempted to bill my pre-paid visa for a year’s service.

I have, but did not have an account with them before, so started from scratch, download, upgrade, apply code... worked as expected so far.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Falzo said:

@Nekki said:
    Did anyone else buy the SpiderOak code and have it apply all right? My account is still working, but my profile says the account is locked for non payment and they attempted to bill my pre-paid visa for a year’s service.

I have, but did not have an account with them before, so started from scratch, download, upgrade, apply code... worked as expected so far.

It’s possible that this was intended for new customers only and kind of buggered everything up...disappointing lack of response from SpiderOak support so far.

I do have my 2TB but I’m not confident it’ll stay that way at the moment.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2018

@Nekki said:

@Falzo said:

@Nekki said:

It’s possible that this was intended for new customers only and kind of buggered everything up...disappointing lack of response from SpiderOak support so far.

I contacted their support and they said new users only^^

• @Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@Falzo said:

@Nekki said:

Wasn’t sold as that by StackSocial...

• Come to that, why did they let me apply the code in the first place?

• @Nekki said:
    Come to that, why did they let me apply the code in the first place?

That's beyond me. I'm not affiliated with them just asked the chat agent on their fb site.

• @Nekki said:

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@Falzo said:

@Nekki said:

Same here... My 5YO 5GB account is locked due to non payment...
    :S

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2018

@Nomad said:

@Nekki said:

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@Falzo said:

@Nekki said:

Same here... My 5YO 5GB account is locked due to non payment...
    :S

Seems like they failed to mention it was for new users only :/ Ask for a refund I guess

• Hoping SpiderOak will sort something out, even if it’s just converting the $40 into account credit.

• Is this Spideroak nonsense worth $24.95 ?

• @JoeMerit said:
    Is this Spideroak nonsense worth $24.95 ?

Yes.

• @Nekki said:
    Hoping SpiderOak will sort something out, even if it’s just converting the $40 into account credit.

They fixed mine.

• @Nomad said:

@Nekki said:
    Hoping SpiderOak will sort something out, even if it’s just converting the $40 into account credit.

They fixed mine.

Did you get a reply from support, or did they just fix it?

• @Nekki said:

@Nomad said:

@Nekki said:

They fixed mine.

Both sides replied, while SS said they can't do anything, SO fixed it.

• @Nomad said:

@Nekki said:

@Nomad said:

@Nekki said:

They fixed mine.

I’ve had a ticket open for 24 hours with no reply, may have to chase it.

• @Nekki said:

@Nomad said:

@Nekki said:

@Nomad said:

@Nekki said:

They fixed mine.

Now I feel bad since from purchase to fix, it only took under 2 hours for me.

• @Nomad said:

@Nekki said:

@Nomad said:

@Nekki said:

@Nomad said:

@Nekki said:

They fixed mine.

Now I feel bad since from purchase to fix, it only took under 2 hours for me.

Maybe i went about it the wrong way. How did you contact SO support?

• NomadNomad Member
    edited February 2018

Through their help desk. PM'ed you to not further derail the topic.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • After a bit of support email tennis, SpiderOak sorted everything out for me - cracking deal.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • today i got codeanywhere lifetime, wonderful. Thank you Ympker.

Thanked by 1Ympker