Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

China VPS for non inbound HTTP service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

China VPS for non inbound HTTP service

Hi there,

I'm looking for a VPS provider to just host a server in China that runs curl against some sites to test performance. I think this means I don't need to have a Chinese business license because I'm not about to influence any Chinese policy.

Comments

• It's not even a service. I admit it would be a cute euphemism for web scraping though.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • It's just for a single client to provide a performance SLA. I'm trying to sell it to anyone! I just can't find a 3rd party service that does what we need. I've tried site24x7 and uptrends..

• mkshmksh Member
    edited February 2018

@gilesw said:
    It's just for a single client to provide a performance SLA. I'm trying to sell it to anyone! I just can't find a 3rd party service that does what we need. I've tried site24x7 and uptrends..

What i was trying to say is that running curl has nothing to do with providing a HTTP service. It's basically just automated browsing.

• yea so I just need a recommendation of a vendor.

• @gilesw said:
    yea so I just need a recommendation of a vendor.

Besides a spammy cloud provider haven't seen any china based VPS offered here yet. Maybe @randvegeta can help you. He's located in HK but i guess he knows a bit about china too. Or maybe a HK based server with direct china route could work for you?

• I need the real city in the spec or close I'm afraid. I have found one vendor: http://www.sakuraserver.com/china-vps.html that may do in the interim until our aws application is done.

• Azure CN or AWS CN maybe? Not the "real" Azure or AWS but should perform similar.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

mksh said: Maybe @randvegeta can help

Thanks for the tag.

gilesw said: I need the real city in the spec or close I'm afraid.

Any city in particular? What's your budget for the project? I have some servers in China, but you really CANNOT run any web services without an ICP.

The problem with China VPS / Servers, particularly for re-sellers, if the end user breaks the rules, the reseller (and the top level host) can get in some trouble. It's often not worth the hassle.

What are your requirements?

• I"d be interested too, same use case

• You can find a generation for the record.

• @Wangs said:
    You can find a generation for the record.

But what if i have a red shirt?

• @mksh said:

@Wangs said:
    You can find a generation for the record.

But what if i have a red shirt?

My domain name has been ICP in China.