Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

server4you impessions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

server4you impessions

hello there,
has anyone purchased or has any experience with server4you vds products ?
https://www.server4you.net/dedicated-server#vds

Assuming that vds=kvm , i haven't managed to understand if they are hosted on a fully redundant environment or is just baremetal servers with Virtuozzo and plain kvm vps on it.

if anyone has any experience with this vds products by s4y i would love to read some reviews

Thanked by 1MadLifer

Comments

• graphicgraphic Member
    edited February 2018

Please stay away from server4you, i had very bad experience with them.
    I don't think that there's any redundant environment for these spec's and price's.

• I've heard some nightmare stories about cancellation, which supposedly only could happen through snail-mail or fax. They might've changed that in the past few years though.

Friend of mine has a s4y server, some occasional downtime (like once every 3-6 months).

• scoolscool Member
    edited February 2018

Thank you for your replies guys.
    Well this will sound strange, but a few years ago, one of my leased dedicated server had 1024 days uptime
    screenshot -> https://imgur.com/a/IQ2GJ
    I had to leave s4y due to the lack of overall technology.
    i switched to ovh.

Thankfully i didn't had any bad experience with s4y.
    However lately more and more users reports same comments as you guys.
    Those vds offers is very promising due to the big storage they offer.
    But if it's not a redundant platform, it cannot be trusted for high importance usage.

Anyway, i will appreciate if anyone else has any reviews to share, and i will also report the official s4y reply to my latest email.

• LeeLee Veteran

It's got shill written all over it.

Thanked by 2MasonR Nekki
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Lee said:

I have no doubt that "Server4You" and "WebHosting4U" are affiliated in some way.

Thanked by 2Lee Nekki
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2018

@MasonR said:

@Lee said:

I have no doubt that "Server4You" and "WebHosting4U" are affiliated in some way.

Also the original post was "thanked" by someone who signed up today. Not a guaranteed concern, but worthy of a quick glance at least.

Otherwise, reviews:

I liked their service just fine, until I got an IP that a previous customer had torrented on and proceeded to receive tons of abuse complaints every day for what I'm positive was about a month. Oh and if you don't respond to each one, they cancel the server. Really stuck me with someone else's burden, they didn't care, so they didn't get any more of my money.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • i am curious, how comes to the conclusion that I am affiliated with s4y?
    common guys i am just writing honestly here

• I had some servers (dedis) years ago. Nothing bad to say about them or those servers, not at all, no problems.

Is there someone who can answer OPs original question? I'd like to know that, too.

(Yes, maybe he's shilling. Still I'd like to have an answer to the technical part)