Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is the cloudflare worth to pay?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

is the cloudflare worth to pay?

for the $20 plan, any different from the free plan?

Comments

• FREEEEEEEEEE!

• There's a nice "Compare All Features" at the bottom of: https://www.cloudflare.com/plans/

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Someone should buy the 20$ package and make some benchmarks, I guess you just paying for the "more" features anyway.

It does advertise "PREMIUM" performance compared to the free one.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

they limit Datacentres at peak on a free plan.

So, say your visitors from London in peak could be diverted to Oslo if it happens to be the closest PoP with spare capacity.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2018

@Neoon said:
    Someone should buy the 20$ package and make some benchmarks, I guess you just paying for the "more" features anyway.

I’m running 24/7 benchmarks on CloudFlare free plan from 15 locations already. If someone can upload a 300kb file on the paid plan I can add that too and compare :) Tbh I don’t think there should be a significant difference. Maybe they also route based on your traffic levels though. All my traffic is pretty much the benchmark.

• I have been using free plan for long time and I haven't got any problems. Only once I had to switch to business package due to the large ddos attack.

• @BunnySpeed said:

@Neoon said:

I’m running 24/7 benchmarks on CloudFlare free plan from 15 locations already. If someone can upload a 300kb file on the paid plan I can add that too and compare :) Tbh I don’t think there should be a significant difference. Maybe they also route based on your traffic levels though. All my traffic is pretty much the benchmark.

I'm running Cloudflare paid on my small business.

You can use this file to benchmark: https://pawsexpress.com.au/assets/prestige/images/homepage/p3.png

It's around 500KBs :)